PDA

View Full Version : Quick Beenie update

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 08:37 AM
She decided to finally eat something on her own yesterday evening.
I was frying up some homemade chicken cutlets and her nose was working overtime. I cut one up for her to see if she was interested and sure enough she ate it! What a relief. I really did not want to force feed her the mushy or liquid glop the vet gave us for her.
I tried giving her a can of mighty dog theis morning (I know not the best food ... but she likes it occasionally) and she sniffed at it and took a morsel. I left it in the kitchen for her and hubby thinks she will go for it in a while.
:)
Her incision looks a lot better too this morning! :)
So happy she ate and drank something on her own yesterday.
I hate to seem paranoid.

THANKS to all that sent thier prayers for her to eat and drink. You know who you are! ;)
She is looking skinny.

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Hey, Carmen! Look at this, I actually saw this post! ;) I'm so glad she ate some today, and, hope she eats even more later on! Since your pm, I've been thinking of you guys, and, sending good vibes your way...and, I'll continue to do so! Skinny is not good, Beenie, you'd better eat! ;)

Jadapit
11-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Oh Carmen, I'm so HAPPY that she ate and drank something! :D Poor girl, I hope she is back to herself here soon. She will be in my thoughts.

Ginger's Mom
11-02-2005, 08:50 AM
I am glad to hear that she ate something. I was not aware that she still wasn't eating (her operation was quite a while ago, not to be eating). There is nothing like homemade cooking for a sick little girl. I hope that she now has the idea that she won't get sick if she eats, and she will continue to improve.

RobiLee
11-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Ohhh Carmen, I'm so sorry. I wasn't aware that Beenie wasn't feeling well. I'm glad to hear that she is eating now. I hope she will be back to her good and healthy self in no time.

Big hugs for you and Beenie and little Frankie too;)

IRescue452
11-02-2005, 09:01 AM
That's great! I hope she finishes that can of food.

lv4dogs
11-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Thats great news Carmen!!! I hope she continues to improve!

Come on Beenie show mom what a trooper you are! :D

Continued good thoughts going out to you's!

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 09:08 AM
I am glad to hear that she ate something. I was not aware that she still wasn't eating (her operation was quite a while ago, not to be eating). There is nothing like homemade cooking for a sick little girl. I hope that she now has the idea that she won't get sick if she eats, and she will continue to improve.

Yeah, her spay was thursday of last week and she hadn't eaten anything even the day before (wed) like she knew something was up.
She ate a little Saturday (after the spay) but nothing Sunday. Monday I had to force feed her this glop the vet gave me.
I know she hates me now for that. :o

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 09:09 AM
That's great! I hope she finishes that can of food.

me too.

JenBKR
11-02-2005, 09:17 AM
(((HUGS))) I haven't been spending as much time in dog lately, so I missed hearing about Beenie originally. Glad to hear that she is doing better though. Keep us updated!

pitc9
11-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Come on Beenie!! Keep on getting better!!

Lobodeb
11-02-2005, 10:06 AM
How did I miss that Beenie wasn't feeling well since the spay? :confused:

I'm so sorry, but I'm glad to hear that she's finally getting something down. Maybe she just needs a little extra TLC in the form of mommy's home cooking to get her back on track.

Come on, Beenie, thin won't look good on you sweetie!

gemini9961
11-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Oh Carmen, I am just seeing this as I was gone for a week. I am so happy Beenie is eating some and getting better, poor thing was probably exhausted after her surgery. Wishes to you, Beenie and Little Frankie.

Daisy and Delilah
11-02-2005, 10:14 AM
OMG Carmen! I didn't know Beenie wasn't eating either! I feel terrible. Please eat sweetheart and don't worry Mom anymore ;) Please keep us posted Carmen. (((HUGS))) Extra kisses to Beenie and Frankie :D

poofy
11-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Im so glad she ate something.And that she will continue, and get better soon Beenie.

lizbud
11-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I didn't know that Beenie had not been eating well. :( Has she been
back to the Vet? I think I would start to worried too if this has been going
on for days & days. If she active at all? I do hope Beenie feels better soon.

new mom to a veiled
11-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Good girl Beenie, you has us worried!!!! You need to eat so you can play with lil' man ;)

anna_66
11-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Add me as another who didn't know Beenie wasn't eating...I'm so embarrassed:o I even did a search and couldn't find a thread.

I'm just glad to hear little Beenie is doing ok now and finally eating and drinking!

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Add me as another who didn't know Beenie wasn't eating...I'm so embarrassed:o I even did a search and couldn't find a thread.

I'm just glad to hear little Beenie is doing ok now and finally eating and drinking!

I wrote about it in the halloween photoshoot of them. (I took the pics before her spay because I knew I probably could not get her "dressed up", afterwards.

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 01:24 PM
I didn't know that Beenie had not been eating well. :( Has she been
back to the Vet? I think I would start to worried too if this has been going
on for days & days. If she active at all? I do hope Beenie feels better soon.

Went to the vet again Monday. They gave her a some liquid food.
She didn't eat the can of food yet that I left this morning. If she doesn't eat, I will have to give her the liquid food tonight... force it down.
My husband thinks she is messing with us....getting even with us.
I don't know what to think. She's not in pain, I think.
Aggrrravating.

Daisy and Delilah
11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Alright Beenie........enough drama cutie pie ;) Start eating again already!! Carmen, is it possible to still have some anesthesia in her system and it's taking away her appetite? That's probably a real stupid question but it seems so strange she has no appetite now so long after the surgery. Maybe she is just holding out for the "good stuff". Please eat Beenie!! :(

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Triumph!
She ate dinner. I had to make her another chicken cutlet... at least she ate that! Afterwards I offered a greenie and she happily took it and ate it.
Maybe the worst is over.
Thanks for everyones support!

Jadapit
11-02-2005, 07:53 PM
:D "Happy happy joy joy" That is wonderful news!!

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Yay! Great news! :)

chocolatepuppy
11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I didn't know Beenie was having problems! I hope she continues to improve.

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I didn't know Beenie was having problems! I hope she continues to improve.

thanks!
I know, I'm not very lucky with the heath of my babies in the last couple weeks! It's gotta be uphill from now! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
11-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Lose internet connection for a while and look what happens!!

Didn't realise Beenie was under the weather - sending extra special hugs and kisses to her. Get well soon sweetie

Lobodeb
11-03-2005, 11:30 AM
YAY!!! I'm glad she finally ate.

Keep it up, little Beenie!

countrycowgirl
11-03-2005, 11:38 AM
I fell awful I didn't know that beenie was sick!! I am so glad though to hear that she is doing better!! come on beenie sweetie keep getting better!