PDA

View Full Version : TheraFlu

finn's mom
11-01-2005, 10:25 PM
OH MY GOSH. I wish I could describe the screwed up look on my face right now. I'm not feeling all that well...so, I'm drinking a cup of hot TheraFlu. Does anyone else think this stuff is a torture in a cup? I've tried several flavors, and, I still haven't found one that isn't awful to drink. Blech. Anyway, this is a pointless thread, I know...I'm just stalling...I don't wanna have to drink another sip. ;) Ha ha, ok. I'm done being dramatic. Here's to your health, folks!

Jessika
11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
I THINK my friend drank some once when he was having a bad cold.. or the cold equivellant to it anyway. He said it tasted like warm lemonaid and wasn't that bad at all. But I don't know if it was the same stuff, lol

CagneyDog
11-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Aww, being sick is no fun. I hope you get better fast! I've never tried that stuff before, it sounds gross:p

finn's mom
11-01-2005, 10:37 PM
I THINK my friend drank some once when he was having a bad cold.. or the cold equivellant to it anyway. He said it tasted like warm lemonaid and wasn't that bad at all. But I don't know if it was the same stuff, lol

It's probably the same stuff. I've just never enjoyed it. My ex boyfriend and I always got sick at the same time (I wonder why, ha). We'd make cups of TheraFlu and race eachother drinking it. Neither one of us could stand the way it tasted, so, we made a game of it, and, that helped. A little. ;)

finn's mom
11-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Woo hoo! I'm done! :)

Glacier
11-02-2005, 12:20 AM
My husband loves that stuff. He drinks that and Neo-Citran whenever he feels stuffy. Drinks more of it than he should, falls asleep and wakes up the next morning feeling just fine. He can sleep off just about anything. I hate him sometimes! :p ;)

I'm allergic to most of those type of medicines. I have a serious allergy to aspirin and it's in most of those. So I've been spared the pleasure of finding out how they taste!

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 08:08 AM
My husband loves that stuff. He drinks that and Neo-Citran whenever he feels stuffy. Drinks more of it than he should, falls asleep and wakes up the next morning feeling just fine. He can sleep off just about anything. I hate him sometimes! :p ;)

I'm allergic to most of those type of medicines. I have a serious allergy to aspirin and it's in most of those. So I've been spared the pleasure of finding out how they taste!

Lucky you. The only medicine I don't dislike the taste of is Emetrol, for nausea. And, that stuff works like a dream. I swear by it, and, always have a bottle of the cherry flavor. :) And, lucky him, I wish I could just sleep it off! I do feel better this morning, though, but, we'll see how it goes for the rest of the day. I think I'll just stay close to home and mostly relax. Chicken noodle soup sounds good! :)

PJ's Mom
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Add some sugar to it. It helps. :) Without it, that stuff is nasty! :p

JenBKR
11-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Bleh that stuff is horrible! It really is torture in a cup...it works though, so I guess it's worth it. Hope you feel better soon!

Jadapit
11-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Omg, Kari that stuff is NASTY! I cant stand it. I have a hard time with the Nyquil also. Blah!! You may as well take a shot of whiskey thats about what the Nyquil tastes like. :p

I hope you are feeling better soon! :D

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 10:04 AM
:(
Hope you feel better soon!
I'd drink some chicken brith instead and rub vicks on my chest.
It works with me... I don't know about that theraflu stuff.... bleahhh

Anita Cholaine
11-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Being sick is so horrible.... I have a little cold, but the worse is that we are in spring, and it's really warm today!

Hope you're feeling better soon....:)

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Add some sugar to it. It helps. :) Without it, that stuff is nasty! :p

I did, I think that's part of it, though, it's almost too sweet. I don't know, maybe that's not it. :)

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 10:25 AM
:(
Hope you feel better soon!
I'd drink some chicken brith instead and rub vicks on my chest.
It works with me... I don't know about that theraflu stuff.... bleahhh

The TheraFlu definitely works, but, I'll keep Vicks in mind, too...isn't that basically just a decongestant, though? Or does it work for fever, aches, etc...? I'll have to check it out! I ate some chicken and rice soup, so, there was a lot of broth in that. :) And, I've had three cups of tea already today.

Lobodeb
11-02-2005, 10:44 AM
I don't mind the taste of it, luckilly.

Either way, I hope you feel better!