PDA

View Full Version : The New Casey!

ratchet22
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
www.arlingtonkittensandcats.petfinder.com

Thats right folks, Im here again, this time around though I have accomplished much more than I was a year ago, I am now into rescue almost full time (feels like it anyways) I have a website and have saved many many babys this year. Well guess what for those of you who remember Mr. Foggy he has grown to be the biggest sweetest boy you can imagine, and yes I have another one CASSY. Here is Cassey's story on my site for you to see and all the other work I have worked so hard on:www.arlingtonkittensandcats.petfinder.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ratchet22/DSC04498.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ratchet22/DSC04496.jpg
Sincerely
Carrie

may51380
11-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Poor kitty. Wish I could give you lots of hugs and kisses. I know it is not much but I did send a small donation. Wish I could do more - I will keep you in my prayers.

Janine
Beth
Lulu
Joey

catmandu
11-01-2005, 06:20 PM
How is that poor Little Kitten now?
We pray that someone can help him,with that eye.
ou are doing such good work,and we pray that the Kitten can be saved.

momcat
11-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Bless you for helping all those poor kitties! What a sweet little baby! Can the vet help with his eye? Here's hoping the purrfect furever home is in his very near future!! Please let us know how things are going for him?

ratchet22
11-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Poor kitty. Wish I could give you lots of hugs and kisses. I know it is not much but I did send a small donation. Wish I could do more - I will keep you in my prayers.

Janine
Beth
Lulu
Joey

:) Sweetie you have done ALOT! Every penny in this case is like a million dollars for this little guy, I did Mr Foggy last year and when I heard this little baby was scheduled to be PTS and needed eye surgery I could not help to pull him out, we are haveing a yard sale this weekend to help raise funds, he is scheduled to have surgery on the 10th providing we get the swelling down some, which Im sure we can.....Thank you soooo much, you are so gracious for thinking to help us help him. He is so sweet, and is starting to relize I am not so bad and we are slowly becoming freinds. :D

AbbyMom
11-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Poor little baby kitty. He's got some of my "Pennies" :) Wish I could do more. Let us know how he's doing.

ratchet22
11-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Poor little baby kitty. He's got some of my "Pennies" :) Wish I could do more. Let us know how he's doing.

Thank you Abby Mom, I know with all the help and donations as well as the garage sale, we are well on our way. Took little casey back to the vet about an hour ago, poor eye looked like it was going to burst, guess what? The Dr. said it is! ewwwww, it is a process that the eye will go through till it finally dries out and dries up. Yuck! Anyways it will be an experiance I just cant wait, his surgery cant come soon enough for me. Hope I dont pass out when this happens, ugh I am liable to run straight back to the vets,,,,,, :)

rosethecopycat
11-02-2005, 09:03 PM
A little more is on the way. Of course, we want to see his 'after' pictures as well.
Give him a pet and a kiss from us.

Bless you,

Rose

QueenScoopalot
11-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Being in the same boat as you, finances are non-existant. :( I'm guessing the procedure Casey is undergoing is a "third eyelid flap" where the vet tacks the inner eyelid to the lower to allow healing. I would think they would just enulcleate the eye as it looks too far gone to save. :( I'll send prayers that the little guy gets the surgery he needs, and becomes a sweetie. Is it less expensive to do the procedure the vet is planning, or removing it and stitching the lids shut? I would think in the long run, it would be better to get it out and relieve this baby of the pain. :(

AlleyCat
11-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Sent in a little something! It is not much at all, but I sure hope it helps little Mr. Foggy! he's so adorable and I hope his eye gets better. Hugs to the little kitty!

ratchet22
11-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Thank You every one, We have the funds for Casey to go to surgery! Yes his eye will be removed. And he will look even better than ever! I cant thank you enoughl for your thoughts, prayers and donations. Please keep Casey in your prayers, as he is still so young and so small, and he still has the hardest part yet to come, wednesday is his surgery date, and I will be on pins and needles till it over and I know he is okay. I have grown to really like this little guy, he is so spunky and full of life. I can';t wait till his day when he gets adopted and heads to his new forever home. He is so special he will need that one special home! (and I will need mandatory visits once a month , tee hee)

Carrie and Casey!

rosethecopycat
11-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Carrie,

How's Casey doing? Did he get his surgery today?

ratchet22
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Oops sorry guys I am so worn out and tired, exhausted, all of the above.
Okay Im really loosing my mind :D Anyways little casey caught URI, assuming he brought it home from the shelter of course :( So he has been on antibiotics and iis rescheduled for friday :) Well have to go have 500 billion kitties crying at me :rolleyes:

Thanks
Carrie

Laura's Babies
11-10-2005, 11:09 AM
God Bless you for saving this little sweetie! He is adoreable! Wish I could take on more!

ratchet22
11-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Dear PT Members......

The Doctor has called, surgery is complete, and Casey is doing fine!!!! THANK YOU everyone for your support in everyway during this hard time. The Dr. has stated that he did fine and is in recovery. STILL ASLEEP!
I can't wait for him to get home,,,,,I miss him already, tomarrow I will go get him!!!!!!!

Stay tuned for follow up pictures of Casey's New Look

Sincerely
Carrie

www.arlingtonkittensandcats.petfinder.com
www.alleycatangels.org
www.adoptacat53.com

AbbyMom
11-11-2005, 12:26 PM
So glad to hear he came through surgery OK. We're looking forward to the pix!

AlleyCat
11-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm so glad to hear Casey is doing well! :D Keep us posted and we'll be looking for pictures of the little guy!

Lobodeb
11-11-2005, 12:39 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread, but I sent a little something. I'm glad he came out of the surgery ok, and am looking forward to recovery pictures!

Soapets
11-11-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm so glad to read that the surgery is over with and the little fellow came through it OK. I hope he continues to heal well, and am looking forward to more pictures and updates on his progress!

Deb

rosethecopycat
11-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I am so relieved to hear that he is not in pain anymore. It looked so terrible, more pain than we've probably ever known, and little Casey can't understand why it always hurts.

I am grateful to you, Carrie, for taking this helpless one and giving him a chance.

Waiting on pictures. He surely is one lucky boy.

ratchet22
11-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I to am glad it is over. When is kitten season over? :confused: I am drained, lost 40 pounds, and saved over 300 kittens this summer! :) It must be coming to an end I havent had any bottle kittens come in for a few weeks! woo hoo :D Have been blessed thus far with no major diseases, and blessed with many Great adoptions!

P.S. The vet opens at 8 am texas time and I will be there at 8:01
will try my best to post tomarrow , but have to get to petsmart too
for our monthly adopt a cat day!

:D
Carrie

momcat
11-11-2005, 06:56 PM
How wonderful is that? I'm so happy to hear that the surgery went well and little Csaey came through like the champ we all know he is. He's such a cutie!! Can't wait to see the new pictures. Sounds like you've had an ultra busy time lately. Bless you a thousand times for helping all these kitties :D They, like you and other rescuers, are a very special gift from God. Thank you!!!!!

ratchet22
11-14-2005, 06:59 PM
THE NEW MR. CASEY!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ratchet22/DSC04698.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ratchet22/DSC04701.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ratchet22/DSC04702.jpg

rosethecopycat
11-14-2005, 07:06 PM
He must feel SO much better. And when the fur grows back and the swelling goes down he'll be a fresh new boy!

Pretty soon you're going to be a regular boy, Casey, running and playing.

catmandu
11-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Thats great news and I am so glad that Casey will recover,and lead a very good life.
Something that couldnt have happened if you did not care.
Bless you for helping Casey.
You have geen given a Big Thank You By the Pet Angel Army.

ratchet22
11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
and the swelling goes down he'll be a fresh new boy!

Pretty soon you're going to be a regular boy, Casey, running and playing.

THANKS GUYS! COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!
I saw this swelling too, I am thinking of taking him in tomarrow just to
be safe, I would hate for it to go bad after getting this far....will let you know

momcat
11-14-2005, 08:09 PM
How wonderful you look, little Casey! I'm so glad that you don't hurt anymore and you're cuter than ever..... but you were always a heart stealer. There's so much love in your sweet little face. Feel better soon!

Lobodeb
11-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Oh, be still my beating heart!! He's such a cutie!! There's probably still some infection in there, but either way, he's on the road to recovery.

Please keep the updates coming!

ratchet22
11-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Well I have returned Casey to the vet, he looked a little swollen last night, but this morning his stitch area was either oozing, or he ripped out a stitch, I didnt get that close to look, all I saw was raw meat and went straight to the vet with him. So I dropped him off and awaiting a call, this little guy is something else! :D

AlleyCat
11-15-2005, 12:06 PM
I surely hope the little guy is going to be okay! Keep us posted!

K & L
11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
For some reason I'm just seeing this. Bless his heart and yours for taking care of him.

ratchet22
11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
UGH :(

Casey is getting fluid and mucus build up and if it continues and doesnt
stop then thursday night I have to pull food and he goes back to surgery
friday morning........ :eek:

Lobodeb
11-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Ok, Casey, enough drama. Just get better and enjoy being a nawtee little kitty already! :mad: :)

rg_girlca
11-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Oh gosh those first pictures were very, very hard to look at. Poor sweet baby.
Ratchet 22, BLESS YOU, for helping all these precious kitties.

I pray that all will go well for sweet Casey if he needs another surgery.

Lobodeb
11-16-2005, 10:42 AM
How's Casey today?

ratchet22
11-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Ugh, not good, it appears it is still draining, so I am going to call the vets and most likely his surgery is a must for Friday :(

rosethecopycat
11-16-2005, 07:18 PM
let us know if more help is needed. We need to see him through this now.

Praying for little Casey.

QueenScoopalot
11-16-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm sure the little boy feels so much better after that eye was removed. Is he on antibiotics I hope? Another thought is maybe the vet didn't take out the tear duct? Magoo (catcrazylady) has swelling that needs draining, and perhaps in the future the vet will see about the tear duct. I sure hope Casey doesn't have to be knocked out again. :(

rosethecopycat
11-21-2005, 07:11 AM
How is little Casey?