PDA

View Full Version : Do your dogs have toys all over the house?

Jadapit
11-01-2005, 01:36 PM
My fur kids have so many toys laying around. I stepped on one of their bones this morning. I went sliding, I thought I was going to do the splits for a minute. :p I tripped over Ebony's tire biter on the way into the computer room. I need to teach those fur kids of mine to pick up their toys when they are done. ;) This is a pretty pointless post. Lol.

Kfamr
11-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Yep, even worse- with Kiara's tennis ball addiction, she has atleast 3-4 in each room. Now THOSE will make you either trip or slide! If you stay in once place too long she'll have a whole pile around you. :p

Jessika
11-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Oh boy do mine. I think they just like getting the toys out because they like digging through the basket, they have no interest in the toys themselves LOL

I'm constantly picking up after them. I wish I could teach Jamie to clean up! :(

DogLover9501
11-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Yes! I know how you feel ;)

The pups have a couple "toy boxes". Everyday, I usually leave out a few favorite toys and put the rest in the boxes, but then they decide that the ones I put away are NEW favorites! They then drag them back out and forget about them, again ;)

beeniesmom
11-01-2005, 01:46 PM
YES! They are everywhere... in every room, even the bathroom.
At night I step on them all the time and scream, especially if it's a bone.
I wish the children would pick up after themselves! ;)

.sarah
11-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Yep! And we have two toy boxes, one downstairs and one upstairs. Usually Nova decides that she wants whatever is at the bottom of the box. And she always knows exactly which toy she wants, and she won't accept another one. Then she'll play with it for a minute, get bored, and go find another toy.

caseysmom
11-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Bubba drags his toys all over the house...mostly little stuffed animals...its cute its like having a toddler in the house again.

Jadapit
11-01-2005, 01:51 PM
How funny! The same thing happens to me at night. One night I got up they have a flashy ball, I kicked that thing it started flashing. It made me scream. I try to pick up the toys now before I go to bed, Those things can be deadly weapons in the middle of the night. :p

YES! They are everywhere... in every room, even the bathroom.
At night I step on them all the time and scream, especially if it's a bone.
I wish the children would pick up after themselves! ;)

lv4dogs
11-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Oh yes, we've got toys all over the place. Most of it is caused by Kaige. :p

I try to pick them but you know how it goes, 3 toys go in the toybox and 4 come back out.

Sometimes at night on the way to bed I give up & just kick them to the edges of the rooms. At least they are less likely to be stepped on there. ;)

pnance
11-01-2005, 02:18 PM
My roomate would agree that at night toys are deadly weapons.....she has to be at work at 4:00 am and had just turned out the light to leave...she hit she thinks one of the "kids" balls with her foot, went flying, she would have caught herself if Bear hadn't been laying in the way, so then she tripped over him, and caught her shoulder on the wall. I really wish I'd been up with a camera... :D Good news is no harm done to the toy or Bear and the knee she'd injured the day before which was swollen and sore popped back into place during this "incident" and was fine. She promised the pups a burger for saving her a trip to the Dr. :rolleyes:

Lobodeb
11-01-2005, 02:34 PM
OMG! You'd think I had a 2 year old. Balls, squeaky things, bones, stuffed toys, you name it. It's been particularly entertaining (for lack of a better word) now that I have to go the bathroom 3-4 times a night. Let me see if I can give you an mental audio picture.

2 am
Me: Ouch, move off my feet, Sammy, Maggy don't attack Sammy, then a ching a ling from Payton's collar. A nice big UGHHH from me getting my fat butt out of bed, then SQUEEEEEEEAAAK! Thump, Maggy dives off the bed to see what I steped on. Once she finds it, more squeaky squeaky squeaky. Sammy now wants to eat, so I get MEOW, MEOW, MEOW. Mind you, I still haven't gone to the bathroom. Creek, creek goes our floor, then a different squeak from another toy.

You get the idea.

gemini9961
11-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Yep, Grant takes them all out and he never puts them back....boys will be boys, LOL. I am always picking them up but he has decided he likes them best all over the house. :D

Flatcoatluver
11-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Of corse they do!!!! Lol even worse we try to keep them in a basket in their bedroom but they always seem to travel threw the house!! :rolleyes: I wonder who could have ton that. ;)

tricollie4me
11-01-2005, 02:49 PM
There are always doggie toys downstairs! Bijou loves digging through her toy bin to find her "favorite toy of the day" so I just keep picking them all up and putting them back in, only to find myself doing the very same thing 30 minutes later.

And Lobodeb, I do have a two-year-old (and a 3-1/2 year old, and a 5-1/2 year old, and a 10-year old, and a 12-year old!) and let me assure you, toys are a constant presence with kids and pets, lol. In fact, many of the kids' toys and Bijou's toys could be interchangable, except for the fact most of my kids have grown out of chewing on rubber ;) Best wishes with the remainder of your pregnancy!

Lobodeb
11-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Best wishes with the remainder of your pregnancy!

Thank you! :D

Flatcoatluver
11-01-2005, 03:00 PM
aww it so close!!!

petslover
11-01-2005, 03:25 PM
When people we don't really know comes to our house they always think we have kids around the house with the toys and all. lol!

lv4dogs
11-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Let me see if I can give you an mental audio picture.

2 am
Me: Ouch, move off my feet, Sammy, Maggy don't attack Sammy, then a ching a ling from Payton's collar. A nice big UGHHH from me getting my fat butt out of bed, then SQUEEEEEEEAAAK! Thump, Maggy dives off the bed to see what I steped on. Once she finds it, more squeaky squeaky squeaky. Sammy now wants to eat, so I get MEOW, MEOW, MEOW. Mind you, I still haven't gone to the bathroom. Creek, creek goes our floor, then a different squeak from another toy.

You get the idea.

LMAO! That sounds like me at my house at night! LOL

beeniesmom
11-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Sometimes at night on the way to bed I give up & just kick them to the edges of the rooms. At least they are less likely to be stepped on there. ;)

hehe I do that too, when I remember.

GoldenLuv
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
mine use to have toys all over the house but they seem to destroy them pretty fast except for the tire toys and the kongs oh yeah and gracie's very dirty flippy floppy which she is getting a new one tomorrow

chocolatepuppy
11-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Yes there are toys everywhere! Tripping over them is common here. :rolleyes: I try to 'organize' them to vacuuum but 5 minutes later, they're everywhere! ;)

Corinna
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
While laughing at all your posts I'm crying to as mY toy monster no longer here I miss toys all over . Enjoy the messes guys.

Ginger's Mom
11-01-2005, 05:17 PM
LOL at Debby. Yes, it looks like I have a toddler in the house with all of the stuffies and balls around (she usually hides/burys bones). My sister had a min. schnauzer that would clean up his toys at night. You would just have to say, "Lashes put your toys away" and he would put them in his corner (you may have needed to point out one or two to him). He was a very special little boy.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
We only have kongs, toys made by the kong company and bones laying aorund the house but not all the time because Tango is trained to pick up the toys and put them back in the box, so when she gets bored or just wants to show off to company she runs around the house putting the toys away....lol The Dobes destroy Tango's squeakies though so she keeps them all in my room.

wolf_Q
11-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Oohhh yes...drives my parents crazy. :o It doesn't help that Nebo literally has hundreds (or thousands!) of toys...

dab_20
11-01-2005, 07:33 PM
when i just had molli, she would keep her toys in the basket until i came home because she knows i will play with her. she takes about 4 of them out. now that we have sammy, he has to try EVERY toy in the basket and even the doggy brushes, until he finds the one he wants. LOL, it drives my mom crazy.

anna_66
11-01-2005, 09:27 PM
While laughing at all your posts I'm crying to as mY toy monster no longer here I miss toys all over . Enjoy the messes guys.
Ohhh I'm sorry Corinna {{{HUGS}}} I enjoy my mess every day, I just wish Bon was a ball boy like Angus was.

Yes, quite often Bon takes every one of his toys out of the basket:o But honestly the thing that is the worst is Roxey's food/treat ball. She leaves it laying everywhere full of food.
Stinks to get up at 4am to let them out only to kick it half way across the room and spill food all over the living room :rolleyes:

Vette
11-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Nope..
as much as i wish my dog was into toys.. hes not