PDA

View Full Version : How many kids did you get last night?

Queen of Poop
11-01-2005, 08:40 AM
We got home a little late after picking up my step son from his hockey practice. Didn't start handing out candy until 6:15 which accounts for my lower numbers this year. I had 208 kids.

ramanth
11-01-2005, 08:43 AM
I actually didn't think to count the kids, but we went thru two bowls of candy. Andy and I got into our Star Wars costumes and stood outside with Dan while he passed out candy. Stood still like statues and scared a few adults. ;) :D

beeniesmom
11-01-2005, 08:48 AM
OH MY LORD! I was going to start a similar thread.
My nieghborhood (sp) has become a zoo.
2 years ago we got about 6 kids....
Last year I went out to dinner and came home late so I didn't have to give out candy.... but last night.... geez!
I gave 14 bags of candy (3 huge bowls full).... to about 170 kids.
Most were from other areas.... piled up in the back of pickup trucks and carted in.... there were even kids hanging off of golf carts.
What happened to the good ol fashioned walking door to door like I used to do as a kid. We'd get home tired as can be but very happy!
Kids like me because I am very generous.... don't get me wrong I enjoy doing it but was glad when it was over.

anna_66
11-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately we live out of town and there are no little kids around so we never get any.
But at my work the employees brought their kids in and we had a halloween party for them. They had a blast and were totally adorable. Of course I had to have some pictures;)

Spiderman
http://anna66.zoto.com/img/24/28550d3697914fe0e42f22e6d4f0b0e2-.jpg (http://anna66.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.0.28550d3697914fe0e42f22e6d4f0b0e2-_CAT.0_REC.1/date_uploaded-desc/0-30)
Strawberry Shortcake with 2 princesses
http://anna66.zoto.com/img/24/2c65e893494097aaeb2ce790aa913bd5-.jpg (http://anna66.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.1.2c65e893494097aaeb2ce790aa913bd5-_CAT.0_REC.1_DET.1/date_uploaded-desc/0-30)
A cute little unicorn
http://anna66.zoto.com/img/24/26ccf811ba42ca400b653aa3bb3d8d92-.jpg (http://anna66.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.2.26ccf811ba42ca400b653aa3bb3d8d92-_CAT.0_REC.1_DET.1/date_uploaded-desc/0-30)
A little witch and sleeping beauty
http://anna66.zoto.com/img/24/ee3f42c586770e4dfdfcf5cd6283fe91-.jpg (http://anna66.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.4.ee3f42c586770e4dfdfcf5cd6283fe91-_CAT.0_REC.1_DET.1/date_uploaded-desc/0-30)
The Thing from the Fantastic 4
http://anna66.zoto.com/img/24/357fe98632e6ce6dff68f825e64a055b-.jpg (http://anna66.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.5.357fe98632e6ce6dff68f825e64a055b-_CAT.0_REC.1_DET.1/date_uploaded-desc/0-30)

Anyone else get pictures???

caseysmom
11-01-2005, 09:36 AM
We get hundreds, people drive to our neighborhood to trick or treat...there are no cars allowed in driveways because of cc&r's and on halloween night there are cars everywhere :eek:

I don't mind at all as long as everyone is nice...if the kids live in an unsafe neighborhood to trick or treat I am glad they have some place to go.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-01-2005, 09:48 AM

Yes, that's 1 as in one - a little devil out with her dad.

It's so disappointing because Terry gets all excited and worked up and just loves when somebody comes to the door. Finally at 9:00 pm last night he gave up hope and closed the door and turned off the hall light. :(

I had a group come to the door at work, which has never happened in the 13 years I've been here, so I didn't have anything for them! However, I didn't feel too bad because only one of them had a costume on. How do you go trick or treating without a costume? In my opinion, no costume no treat! :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
11-01-2005, 10:04 AM
We had a few families and some out on their own but I found yelling "hang on a minute just got to muzzle the dog" scared them away! :D

fritz03
11-01-2005, 10:06 AM
We had 31 kids here last night.Mom gave them little bags of potato chips.The kids were all polite and each said thank you.We had to keep fritz downstairs with a gate across the door so he wouldn't be upstairs barking at the kids coming.Usually we have twic eas many,but in our neighborhoods there are not that many little kids here,most that do come are from other neighborhoods.

finn's mom
11-01-2005, 10:17 AM
I think we only got about 8, maybe. Something like that...

Edwina's Secretary
11-01-2005, 10:25 AM
I didn't count but it was quite a few. Went through two large bags of candy (excluding the M&M's which somehow disappeared prior... :eek: )

And such nice kids. All said their piece...thanked and wished me a Happy Halloween. One little boy...probably four or five and glasses thick as coke bottle bottoms...said...."You're house looks lovely!" He was referring to the skeleton and pumpkin!

gini
11-01-2005, 10:26 AM
What always makes me laugh is that the adults show up with their children and they have a bag too. They shove that bag right up in front to get a candy too.

I haven't had as many children as I usually had in the past. But I did have more this year than last. I guess I gave away half a LARGE bowl of candy.

I had a lot of princesses this year.........and one absolutely adorable (and very tired) Minnie Mouse that was crying. I told her "oh dear, but I have some candy for you - don't you want any?" Her Mom was holding her because she really was a little tyke - and she stopped crying - looked at me very carefully and then reached into the bowl and grabbed a couple of candy bars.

I had a whole family come to my door - Mom - Dad and three kids. The parents didn't want to take any candy until I insisted. Mom was dressed as a beautiful angel - white dress - wings - the whole thing. Dad was Darth Vader. I thought it was neat because they went as a family and made sure their kids were safe.

Absolutely EVERYONE said thank you! That hasn't always been the case in years past.

Halloween decorations have become very popular here - almost as much as Christmas - cobwebs and ghosts all over everyone's lawn - with some tombstones put out for good measure.

petslover
11-01-2005, 10:54 AM
2 kids. and thats it. One of them was my little cousin.. I was so disappointed, but our town doesn't do anything for Halloween so i'm not surprised.

PJ's Mom
11-01-2005, 10:57 AM
I didn't think to count either. We got about as many this year as we had last year.

I wore a mask that looked like my mouth was stapled open. I scared Superman, almost made a Princess cry, and Darth Vader threatened to chop off my head.

:D

catnapper
11-01-2005, 10:57 AM
None - bah humbug this uyear with my Pouncer emergency.

Also, the township decided to do trick or treating Sunday night.... we didn't participate this year because of me being too upset over Pouncer

lv4dogs
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
ONE!! :( Batman!
I never get many kids where I live, but there's always been more than one. Average is about 20ish.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Absolutely EVERYONE said thank you! That hasn't always been the case in years past.

When the group that came to the office was leaving, before the door was shut tight, I heard one of the boys - maybe 10-11 or so - say "unbelievable!" referring to the fact that I had nothing for them. :rolleyes: And this was one of them without a costume. :rolleyes:

In Southern Florida, I think it was Miami but maybe not, the mayor tried to discourage trick or treating because there were still power lines down all over the place. One 12 year old they interviewed on the radio said this "Are you kidding? Once a year we get to take candy from strangers, the rest of the year we're told we can't take candy from strangers. So this is the one time of year we can take candy from strangers and they're telling us to stay home? I don't think so!" :D :D

ramanth
11-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Trick or Treating here was from 6 to 8. At 7:30 it seemed everyone was done for the night, so we headed inside but left the porch light on.

At 8, Andy and I started to take off our costumes when there was a knock at the door. A kid that had dressed as Vader was back with his mom and a camera and wanted pictures with us. :D

Andy had most of his put away, but I still had most of my costume on and was happy to oblige.

Then the other kid with a GWB mask wanted to pose for some pictures.

So I had her get on her knees with her hands behind her head and aimed my blaster at her head. :eek: :D

The mom was thrilled and we all had a good laugh.

I wish I could get a copy but we didn't exchange email addresses.

Logan
11-01-2005, 12:21 PM
That is so neat, Kimmie! :)

We had about a dozen, all total, and I was "home alone" and my dogs were having a fit with just the little bit of commotion caused by that! Even Murphy, who is deaf as a post, was pacing and prancing at the gate. They all four lined up at the gate so that they could see the front door and check it all out. The most precious were my two little "friends" from next door, a Princess (3 years old) and a football player (1 year old). OMG! They are the reason I even got a bag of candy because I love them so much and I knew they would come by. :)

Logan

BitsyNaceyDog
11-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately we live out of town and there are no little kids around so we never get any.

Same here. We always but a bag of candy, just incase we do get any kids. We didn't get any kids this year though. One year we had one trick-or-treater, but we never have any other year.

pnance
11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
We've never had any in the 3 yrs we've lived at this house. There aren't many in my neighborhood to begin with, but then add a steep, long driveway in and I wouldn't want to come up either ;)

sammy101
11-01-2005, 03:41 PM
We got about 150. It wasnt buisy this year because there was a thunderstorm,and it rained most the night...

Kfamr
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
We got quite a few but no one counted. Went through atleast thru 8 bags of HUGE bags of candy. I believe the bags were 400 count. :eek: I put out a plastic pumpkin full of milkbones for the doggies, too.

One little girl was Dorthy and was walking her Cairn around. :D

Roxyluvsme13
11-01-2005, 03:51 PM
We had 6, and I didnt even hand out candy. I was crying too much.. :(

manda_moo87
11-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Had about 70... then we ran out of candy, otherwise we would have had tons more, I couldn't believe all the kids that were out here last night!

Corinna
11-01-2005, 04:35 PM
We had about30 My Daughter and her hubby came over as they never get any one(16miles off any road DUH)we had pizza and played cards and old time radio shows. She and I dressed up as serving wenches.
I just want to know whats up with the blood dripping masks this year ? Had it on teens but on wee ones it was awful. Daughters favorite was a very tiny (2-3)cowboy with six shooters and chaps he was cute she missed the best Little to small to walk in a Dalmation costume in dads arms.
Heres last years pic same costumes.

Karen
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
We had 26 - yes, I counted, plus one canine (he got a biscuit, not chocolate). I *love* handing out the candy. The 5 kids from next door were first, then there was a tyke - maybe four years old, if that, from down the street. She was a pink fairy, complete with magic wand, blonde whispy hair and big blue eyes. You have to climb a flight of stairs to get to my porch, and when she was two steps from the top, I opened the door, and she said (honest to goodness) "Twick-or-tweet?"

What more could anyone want! Everyone was polite, lots of original costumes, and a nice night.

Miss Hoppy opted out this year, and napped inside instead of greeting visitors.

koxka
11-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Stood still like statues and scared a few adults.:D

We had a few families and some out on their own but I found yelling "hang on a minute just got to muzzle the dog" scared them away!

I wore a mask that looked like my mouth was stapled open. I scared Superman, almost made a Princess cry, and Darth Vader threatened to chop off my head.

Bad,very bad girls ! :eek: :D :D

Queen of Poop
11-01-2005, 05:14 PM
We had 6, and I didnt even hand out candy. I was crying too much.. :(

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. A very sad, sad Halloween for you this year. So sorry. :(

Flatcoatluver
11-01-2005, 06:07 PM
We only had 3!!!!! A soccer player and two batmen

Felix
11-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I got about 15-20 children :( I like too see loads, I love halloween and seeing all the children all dressed up in there cute costumes!!! :D