PDA

View Full Version : Did you get egged?

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-01-2005, 12:21 AM
When I got back from Ante-Natal class last night, my house and car had been egged :(

I really wish these bored teens around here would get a life! The last thing I felt like doing at 10PM was scrubbing my house and car!

Thanks goodness Halloween is over for another year!!!

Jessika
11-01-2005, 12:29 AM
I've never been egged. The closest I've ever been I suppose is when I was having conflicts with some teens living down the street from me (apparently driving 15-20MPH past their house is considered "speeding" past their house while the 16 year old moms let their kids play in the street...) and I got in my car to pick up my then-boyfriend from work one night and found an egg just... sitting on the floor of my car. LOL.

A week earlier though they broke into my car and stole $100 and some CDs. I know it was them too cause the kid who did it was bragging about it at school *rolls eyes*

caseysmom
11-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Thats horrible, I am so sorry. I tell my teens if I ever find out they did something like that they will be cleaning it up, my friend found out her daughter did that and she was over there cleaning it up.

G535
11-01-2005, 12:37 AM
An intelligent person wouldn't even think of doing something so stupid.

K9karen
11-01-2005, 01:00 AM
We were egged years ago but it had nothing to do with Halloween. We had the local cops alerted for possible trouble so the second I said my name, they were over in 2 seconds and got the kids. We were told to make sure all the egg stuff is off the car ASAP because it causes damage to the paint.
When I was around 12 and we lived at our old house, I caught the horrible brother of a girl from school (we hated each other) toilet papering our lawn and just about to toss an egg. I was fearless in those days, so I ran over to him and punched him in the mouth. (no lectures, it was an automatic reaction and i truly am non violent) Anyway, never another problem from their family from that day on! And I made him clean it up and he did!

Samantha Puppy
11-01-2005, 07:38 AM
No, and I'm a little surprised considering the kids on my street think I'm a witch for not letting them play softball on my property (because if they got hurt, their parents could sue us BUT more important - since it's happened - is that they foul-tip the balls back and dent the siding on our house! I paid way too much money to let some kids whose names I don't even know ding up my house).

Sorry to hear you got it - I was once a bored teenager but I never vandalized anything.

IRescue452
11-01-2005, 09:46 AM
My house has gotten egged a few years back and there is still a stain on the siding. You have to get to washing that off quickly or it will hurt the paint. We live in a bad neighborhood were you can't leave your car out. One night a group of teenagers decided to steal the potted plants off my neighbor's porch and throw them at the first car they saw (mine). Thankfully they took the plants out of the pots and left them empty on the porch. I yelled out the door and then chased them off. My car was covered in dirt though and it got in the rubber around the windows and door frame. It took weeks to get rid of it all. I wish these kids had parents I could call, but if their parents gave a crap they wouldn't let their kids out a 2 in the morning.

furrykidsmother
11-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Not last night, but we did a few weeks ago. They must have been practicing for Halloween! What a terrible mess it made, it was so hard to get off. I can sympathize with you!

ramanth
11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear that. :(

My parents house was never egged. Some years we'd lose a pumpkin or two. Another year the trees in front of my parents were TP'd, but it was the neighbors house that got the brunt of it, so I think they just tossed the left overs in my parents trees.

:rolleyes:

CagneyDog
11-01-2005, 11:59 AM
No, but someone smashed our pumpkins all over the porch. :rolleyes:

Anita Cholaine
11-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry, that's so horrible...You must be so stupid to do something like that... I don't understand why do they find it funny :rolleyes: ....

beeniesmom
11-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Sorry! My house has never been egged nor have I ever egged a house but I WAS EGGED when I was 15. It wasn't for Hlloween but for Carnevale (mardigras) in Italy. I didn't know that young kids did that there. I was on my way to a friends house and got egged.... really bad. Went back home crying and my mom started laughing as soon as she saw me.... forgot to tell me about that custom.... I was even wearing a very cute outfit. I'll never forget that. :o

shais_mom
11-01-2005, 01:21 PM
I think that is just terrible.
I know Tonya - zippy-kat's house gets it all year round. I think It is horrible. We used to go t-ping when we were kids but we never did stuff like that. Just plain ol' soap and TP.