PDA

View Full Version : Tempura-pedic [sic] mattress

Cataholic
10-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Okay, maybe I have been watching one too many infomercials, BUT, these things are really intriguing to me. I am really toying with buying a set, but, as they are NOT cheap, I have some concerns. They seem to make sense- molds to your body, no rocking, no metal coils- but, then, aren't I really sleeping on a giant sponge? LOL....

Anyone have one of these?? OR, know someone that has one? I want some real live testimonials!!! :D

koxka
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Johanna, I have bought one of those this summer. So far I don't regret a bit. They are really comfortable. And no you don't feel like in a giant sponge :D .It just mold your body where there is more weight.

A plus added is they don't require maintenance. :p

moosmom
10-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Johanna,

Had a few sleepless nights, didya??? I did the same thing and sent away for the sample and video. They are VERY expensive. They do, however, let you try them out for 90 days, risk free. I couldn't afford it. I've heard good and bad about it. Some testimonials say that the memory foam, designed for the astronauts, breaks down after a while (not sure how long "a while") is. I've also heard people say how great they are because they conform to your body, and don't create pressure. I have a memory foam pillow I absolutely love, and so does MooShoo.

If you DO decide to give it a try, please let me know how you like it. Good luck!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-31-2005, 01:08 PM
They also have mattress "pads" that may not be the same exact name brand, but they are the same stuff. We have several of these mattress pads and just love them! One time, before we bought a separate one for the motorhome, we spent a night on the regular mattress without this pad and Terry described it as "sleeping on a cracker." ;) Ever since then we have them on every bed in the house and the old motorhome.....haven't gotten around to ordering a king size one for the new motorhome yet.

The mattress pad versions run anywhere from about $59.99 (twin size on sale) to a little less than $200.00 (king size not on sale) depending on where you get them. I got mine from Domestications.com (I get their catalog and that's where I first saw them), but I've seen them for sale from several different places since then.

This may be an option for those without the budget to buy the full blown mattress set up.

On a side note, you all know about Peanut's little house? Well, that is the box from one of these mattress pads. It had handles because they are heavy and the handle became Peanut's window. :D So I highly recommend these mattress pads for the comfort of the humans in the house, and the pleasure of the kittys of the house. ;)
Just a left over box.....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid163/pec5c94a3463178fd96279d215b5601c2/f49184f9.jpg

Transformed into a lovely kitty kottage.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pd0dd604d59469bb37983ea8ef84db126/f1a7e4b5.jpg

Cataholic
10-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the responses!! I am leaning towards a 'real' one, he he he.
I have 2 feather ticks on my mattress again- I just put them back on the bed now that Jonah is a bit older and sturdier. I hated sleeping on a plain mattress. While it didn't feel like Terry's cracker experience, it was not comfortable.

ONLY on PT can a thread about mattresses turn into custom designed cat houses. :D I do remember Peanut's house. Quite the cat castle!

Koxka- did you know that EVERYtime I see your signature, I smile? That is my most favorite siggy here. :D

koxka
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Koxka- did you know that EVERYtime I see your signature, I smile? That is my most favorite siggy here.
Yesterday 08:08 PM

:D :D :D