PDA

View Full Version : If you were my driver's license...

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 09:51 AM
...where would you be?

Seriously, though, I am horrible at keeping track of things like that. Anyone else a chronic misplacer? Right now, I'm trying to find my debit card and my driver's license. The best thing about that is I discovered I didn't have my license when I was at the military base gate. Ha. Luckily, the guy that was telling me the cost of a citation...was also saying he didn't give tickets to people, he gave tickets to attitude. Whew, I'm glad I don't have one of those! ;) Anyway, I just needed a break before I really dig into my bedroom, trying to find the two missing cards. Wish me luck.

areias
10-31-2005, 10:23 AM
Good luck! Check the refrigerator, the cd player, and the silverware drawer. It's probably somewhere silly like that. :D

I chronically misplace things too...at least 4 times in the past month I forgot my ID to get into my place, and I had to call my roommate down. Usually at like 3am...I can never loose it whenever people are coming in and out. And yea, I lost my fish food the other day. What the heck. How do you loose a bottle of fish food when its usually always where you put it back? :confused: -looks at my bettas suspiciously-

And you know it will always be in the last place you look. (Obviously. ;) Why would you continue looking after you found it? :D )

Cataholic
10-31-2005, 10:26 AM
I would look in the last pair of pants and jacket that I wore....

THEN, I would remember to carry it in my wallet, or purse....I never misplace things. I put them in the exact same place everytime. Much easier that way, and alot less stressful. :D

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, I found it. ;) Or, my mother did. I'm sitting at the computer, she's standing behind me. Nonchalantly..."There's your license." I look over my shoulder and it's right there on the little desk. :rolleyes: I hadn't even really started looking, but, that's the first place I would have cleaned up, it's part of my little routine. I'd already checked my pants and jacket and car, but, yeah, I knew it would be somewhere easy and obvious.

I rarely carry a handbag or wallet. I usually just have pockets, and, carry those couple of things. Crazy. I used to lose that stuff all the time, I've gotten better, though! :)

smokey the elder
10-31-2005, 10:50 AM
A guy at work was going crazy trying to find a document. Turns out it was in his DESK all the time! Boy was he embarrassed. :o

Corinna
10-31-2005, 10:54 AM
I too am a misplacer. My daughter solved the problem. She got a small key chain that has a photo frame on the end. I keep my atm and License in it . So for the last year no lost license.You might try it keys on one end and all else at the other.

Anita Cholaine
10-31-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm a TERRIBLE misplacer, especially with keys..... I always leave them in the most unbelievable and stupid place, and I spend hours looking for them.....

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm a TERRIBLE misplacer, especially with keys..... I always leave them in the most unbelievable and stupid place, and I spend hours looking for them.....

Yeah, I used to be awful with mine, too. My parents have a key holder on the wall, though, and, ever since I moved in here, I haven't lost them. :) I forget where I put them at my friend's house, though... :rolleyes:

Anita Cholaine
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
If I had a key holder, I would forget to use it...:o

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
If I had a key holder, I would forget to use it...:o

That's what I thought, too! ;)

Suki Wingy
10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Look in stupid places! I lost my cell phone for three months and it ended up being in the cell pocket of my barn bag!
I lost my Shuffle for 3 weeks and it ended up being in a target bag hanging off the basement door.