PDA

View Full Version : Made For Eachother....

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-25-2002, 10:20 AM
I was at the shelter over the weekend walking some of the dogs. This gorgeous purebred pitbull puppy (about 3 months old) caught my eye. He was white and had a black patch on his eye. I decided to talk him out to play. Then I noticed that he had a birthdefect :( His left front leg was shorter than the rest of his legs and his paw was shriveled up (for the lack of a better word). He had only two "fingers."

That didn't seem to bother him and it didn't bother me. We went out, played, ran, romped around on the grass, and had a great time. What a loving puppy! I was so sad because of his handicap and his homeless state.

As we were going back into the shelter, this family was coming out. I saw the little boy's disappointed face. I thought, surley, there was at least one dog that they could take home. Then, my pitbull friend tugged and pulled till we were about a foot away from the boy. The boy knelt down and started petting the pitbull puppy. The dog kept kissing and kissing the boy's face. Then the boy noticed the shriveled up paw and was yelling for his mom and dad. "Look, he's just like me, he's just like me!" Then I noticed the boys arm. It was shriveled up just like the puppy's! I was about to cry. His prents stood there in disbelief. What a coincidence! He begged his parents to take the dog home with him, and his mom said that he couldn't take care of the dog. He wasn't physically capable. The kid kept begging and told his parents that he loved this puppy and that they could take care of eachother. He even told them that he would pay for the puppy from his allowance! The kid couldn't have been more than 7!

Mom and Dad finally said yes. I took Tyler and his new pitbull pup up to the desk and finished the adoption paperwork.

What an afternoon! Those two were made for echother.

Kfamr
03-25-2002, 10:25 AM
Awwwwww. im in tears seriously. Thats so sweet and exspecially since its a Pit Bull! Awwww.

Logan
03-25-2002, 10:33 AM
Oh, Souraya! That was "Divine Intervention"!!! You were at the right place, at the right time!!!! I do hope they can help each other. :D

ramanth
03-25-2002, 10:57 AM
How wonderful!!! What a sweet boy and family. I know that little puppy will be so happy with his new owner.

What a miracle. :)

AdoreMyDogs
03-25-2002, 11:25 AM
Now that's a match made in heaven!!!

sammi
03-25-2002, 11:41 AM
That is just the best story I have heard for awhile. You were in the right place at the right time for sure. I bet you felt on cloud nine when you went home that night!;)

thelmalu99
03-25-2002, 11:45 AM
That's such a sweet story! It brought a tear to my eye.
Thanks for sharing!

shais_mom
03-25-2002, 01:27 PM
That is a truly awesome story!
I heard a story similiar to that on Petwarmers or in Chicken Soup books but the fact that you actually got to see it in person is just awesome!
WOW!
Good for you Souraya!

LoudLou
03-25-2002, 01:44 PM
:) :( :) That is a wonderful heartwarming story! You are truly blessed for having been a witness to such a great story! Made me smile AND cry at the same time!

anna_66
03-25-2002, 01:50 PM
What a wonderful story, it gave me chills all over! Thanks for telling us:D

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-25-2002, 01:53 PM
Yes, I had this warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside as I drove home. I don't know if the boy would have seen the puppy if I hadn't taken it out. I was actually going to go later on during the day, but decided to go ahead and go at that time. Perfect timing!

I truley believe that the puppy will help this child out. I know that the puppy's happy go lucky attitude and the way he handles his disability will build the kid's self confidence.

nsweezie
03-25-2002, 02:18 PM
Oh what a story! Sometimes everything in the universe comes together at once to create a moment like this.
I think that you are right about the self esteem of the little boy improving. I saw a TV show the other day about a little dog that was paralyzed, and used a doggie wheelchair. He was super happy, and loved to run around. His owner used to take him to rehab centres to visit with children in wheelchairs, and the dog would make the kids so happy. One little boy said the dog was his inspriation to try harder.

Gio
03-26-2002, 03:54 AM
I personally believe that there is more than just coincidence in this story. The boy and the puppy were meant to be together. It seems that the puppy just knew. I'm also sure that this dog will help the little boy immensly. I'm so happy for both of them! :) :) :)

jackiesdaisy1935
03-26-2002, 09:11 AM
Oh Souraya, what a wonderful story. Some things are meant to be, you in the right place at the right time, the boy and his parents coming out at the right place and right time. This puppy full of love for this boy. I'll bet you were singing to yourself on the way home a song that goes something like this "Oh what a wonderful morning, Oh what a wonderful day". Those are the stories that make working in a shelter worthwhile.
Jackie

ellensy
03-26-2002, 09:59 AM
*sniff* *sniff* what a wonderful heartwarming incident. thanks for sharing.:)

Sudilar
03-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Miracles happen. :)