PDA

View Full Version : we had a close call!!!

lute
10-30-2005, 06:44 PM
yesterday afternoon i took Gracie and Kodie(foster dog) to the park to run. i take them here everyday because it's the only fenced in area close to my house. we were there for a total of 2 mins before the dogs found the torn down part of the fence. i hollered for them, but of course noticing that they were loose ignored me compleatly.

i jumped in my car and followed them up the hill. after losing sight of them i called my dad. he started searching and my brother started on the search too. we even had the police out looking for them. i asked everyone outside their houses if they had seen them. nobody had seen them which made me think i had lost them forever. :( :( :(

we looked for a good 2 hours and every once in a while i had to pull over and cry for a minute. a about 9:30 my dad called and said "good thing i REALLy love these dogs. i actually ran and caught Gracie." i screamed and drove over to see her. i passed the house and i noticed a man sitting there with Kodie. i hugged the stranger and thanked him multiple times.

the night turned out ok. even though it's a day later and everyone is home safe i'm still a bit shaken.

Flatcoatluver
10-30-2005, 06:47 PM
aww good that gave me a little scar i am glad there home safely

.sarah
10-30-2005, 06:50 PM
That sounds horrible. I don't know what I'd do if that happened to my dogs. I'm glad they're okay.

poofy
10-30-2005, 07:32 PM
that was a terriable scare, I wouldnt like that at all, even though I live in a area with no fences and let sammyj walk with no leash, im always on watch for any change in his attitude..thank the lord his training has kept him close all the time..I only put im on a leash if we go off the property..whew..close for you..

Toby's my baby
10-30-2005, 07:38 PM
That sounds awful! I am so sorry you *and kodie and gracie* had to go through that! I'm glad everyone is home safe! Did you tell the city or whoever that the fence was down so nobody else had to go through that??

lute
10-31-2005, 10:45 AM
That sounds awful! I am so sorry you *and kodie and gracie* had to go through that! I'm glad everyone is home safe! Did you tell the city or whoever that the fence was down so nobody else had to go through that??

yes, i did. i told the sherrif when i saw him the next day.