PDA

View Full Version : Live From New Haven, Connecticut...

moosmom
10-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi everybody!!

I am finally in my place! My car is empty, the cats are in my room settling in nicely. I'm not going to let them out into the rest of the place until I've finished cleaning it. They're happy in my room so long as I'm there to sleep with at night.

The cleaning is a work in progress, let me tell you! I wanted to get my room set up and uncluttered as much as possible, so the first thing I did was clean it and MY bathroom. My daughter Amy and I went to a place called IKEA yesterday. I couldn't believe all the stuff they had!! I got a dresser for $60!! Unfortunately, you have to assemble it. But I'll try and do that tomorrow after I call the temp agency.

I'm realizing now that I left alot of my hang out clothes behind in plastic bags I just didn't see (sometimes when you want to get out of somewhere in a hurry like I did Michigan, big black trash bags become invisible). Oh well, I needed new underwear anyways. Yeah, I know, TMI.

The vacuum cleaner Mark has is awful!! It's one of those broom-vacs. Picks up NOTHING!! Amy sold me her Hoover upright with attachments for $20 cuz she wanted an excuse to buy a new one. It works great!!! She bought a brand-spanking new Hoover bagless.

Today Amy and I went to a Pet Expo. I saw alot of my rescue and cat show buddies who were trying to convince me that I needed to either get back into rescue or to foster. I politely told them that after doing it for over 10 years, I need a break, as I'm burned out. They just shook their heads.

Well, it's 7:30 and I'm off to bed, believe it or not. I'm exhausted. I'll check in tomorrow.

Tootles!!

joycenalex
10-30-2005, 09:41 PM
sleep sweet, and don't get just white undies tomorrow.

Karen
10-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Welcome home, Donna! :)

shais_mom
10-30-2005, 10:57 PM
welcome Home Donna! :)

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Awesome, I love IKEA! It's got to be one of my all-time favorite stores, they sell really good quality items, usually for pretty inexpensive. I wish there was one closer to us here. I'm glad to hear that you and your kitties are settling in!

moosmom
10-31-2005, 09:01 AM
I let the crew out this morning to case the joint. That is AFTER I went around to make sure there were no more poison mouse traps. They LOVE the upstairs loft!! I broke out the quality "nip" Kathy sent with me and they all got totally obliterated!!

Finn's Mom,

There is nothing like IKEA!!! I bought some rubber ice cube trays in different shapes. The plastic blue ones always crack. They have some really neat stuff there!! The warehouse is right around the corner from my apartment. How convenient is that??

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Finn's Mom,

There is nothing like IKEA!!! I bought some rubber ice cube trays in different shapes. The plastic blue ones always crack. They have some really neat stuff there!! The warehouse is right around the corner from my apartment. How convenient is that??

Geez, I envy you! :D I'll have to come up there one day to visit you and IKEA! When I lived in Germany, we would go to them all the time. I was so happy when I realized they had them in the US. I think the closest ones to us right now are Atlanta and somewhere in Virginia...I plan on making a trip to one of them when I get my own place, though...It's worth the trip!

Randi
10-31-2005, 09:26 AM
It's good to hear you're settling in in your new place and the kitties are comfy with it too. :) Now, when you've finished cleaning, you'll realise just how much stuff you need from Ikea. :D Get some food for the kitties and yourself before you go there again! ;)

I bought my first furniture in Ikea back in 75.

Good luck!

gini
10-31-2005, 09:36 AM
Donna, welcome home! I hope your new life will be all that you hope for.

I just talked to my brother yesterday, and he is so excited that a new Ikea is being built in his area in Mass. He said they will even have underground parking so you can load up your car with ease - instead of outside in the snow.

I am sure he will be their first customer!

QueenScoopalot
10-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Glad to hear your trip back home went well Donna! Also happy to hear the furkids are settling in well. :) You sure move fast lol! I Googled IKEA and here's their online site..nice looking stuff! ;) http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/