PDA

View Full Version : Owie meowmie

catnapper
10-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Pouncer is looking as pathetic as I've ever seen him. You can easily tell my little hissy boy is feeling utterly miserable. Meowmie feels AWFUL and is dying for him
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/sickie.jpg

You can tell whiuch paw is hurt just by the way its curled under -- the back one partially covered by his tail. Poo widdle baby.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/sickie1.jpg

He's been on the bed since I gave him a pain pill and hasn't moved. He still won't let me touch his paw, but thats ok, I don't want to -- I'll leave that to the professionals.

It all happened so fast! Mom was in the room, I walked out to get something ot show her, I heard her scream, heard Pouncer scream, then mom scream again that she was bleeding. He got his paw caught on some furniture and was hunging upside down from the paw. I am glad my mom was there to help him, even if she did get hurt in the process. Can you imagine if nobody was home and he hung upside down from his paw for hours???? :eek: :eek: :eek: My mom just called and is more worried about him than she is about her hand.

jenluckenbach
10-30-2005, 05:04 PM
Pouncer, dear, you look so sad. :( Don't worry, we will have your paw fixed up real soon.

lizbud
10-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Poor Pouncer. :( It's not just the pain, but the humiliation of hanging like
that when he only meant to jump. :o Hope he gets a good evaluation at
the Vets tomorrow.

catmandu
10-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Pouncer and Scrappy Angels are with thier little Protege now,helping him feel better.
Pouncer is giving him,a lecture about looking before you leap,funny considering the accidents she got into,in her youth.
We are all praying for Pouncer.
Pouncers roomates will bring Pouncer back a Kitty Bag,from the Party.

momcat
10-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh Pouncer, you look so sad. It's good that you let Meowmie give you a pill to help you feel a bit better. Just take it easy and I hope you can see the whitecoat very soon. Please be a good boy at the whitecoat's. They know it hurts but they only want to help you feel better by making sure you're not hurt too bad. Groucho sends you feel better purrs and headbumpies. Please get better soon sweetie! Feel better smoochies and scritchies sent just for you. Would you ask Meowmie to let us know what the whitecoat says?

Uabassoon
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Poor Pouncer :( How scary for you, him and your mom. I hope he heals up quickly.

prechrswife
10-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Poor baby... :(

Felix
10-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Aww pouncer..I hope your feeling better soon sweet baby boy!!It breaks my heart looking at you so sad :(

Soapets
10-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Oh, poor, poor Pouncer! You look like you're trying to be really brave, and concentrating on trying to NOT feel the pain that must be present. You hang in there (OOPS! :eek: I'm sorry! I didn't mean that! I mean you just keep on being brave) and you'll be feeling better in no time! PLEASE let the nice Dr. look at your paw tomorrow, and whatever else needs to be checked to figure out what's going on with your urine, and PLEASE be good and cooperate with any treatment and/or medicine that you are given. You HAVE to go through those things if you are going to get back to being your old self again!

In the meantime, I hope you get lots and lots and lots of scritchies and belly-rubs and treats---as many as you want, when-ever you want!

And to your Meowmie, we are keeping you and Pouncer in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know what happens!

Deb

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Poor Pouncer. :( I hope that his paw heals quickly and that it's not too seriously hurt. Get well soon Pouncer.

orangemm
10-31-2005, 04:42 AM
Poor little guy, he looks so miserable in that picture; you know he has to be hurting if he just lies there so quietly.

Sweetie, the vet will make it all better, just try to be a good boy. It will be over soon and you will be on the road to recovery.

Lots of scritches and headbumpies................... :) ;)

catnapper
10-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Well, the vet will be able to "squeeze us in" around 10:30 today. Which roughly translated means: I'll show up up 10:15, watch twenty people enter and exit the exam room and maybe be in with the vet before 12:00. In the meantime Pouncer will be sitting there in a carrier getting more and more stressed and unhappy as the clock ticks. But it is something we HAVE to do.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-31-2005, 08:13 AM
That lovely head of yours needs a great big kiss - MWAH!

Donnaj4962
10-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Poor little Pouncer. He looks so sad. But he knows it was no one's fault... accidents happen! He probably also feels bad because he hurt his grandmeowmie as she was trying to help him. Buthe was so scared, he didn't jnow what else to do!

Hope everyone feels better soon! Let us know what happens at the white coats!

jenluckenbach
10-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Hey, the good news about the wait is that his bladder should be full and they should be able to get the urine sample right away.

Good luck Pouncer! I will be waiting for a full report.

catnapper
10-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Well, MEOWMIE is back from the vet's - Pouncer is still there. He needed to be sedated to take xrays. Yup, the vet thinks its broken, just how bad? Poor Pouncer. How many of his 9 lives has he used up so far?

Good grief... how expensive will this bill be? :eek:

Sonia59
10-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Poor Pouncer :( It looks terribly painful. Prayers for a good recovery, and many head kisses to Pouncer. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-31-2005, 12:20 PM
OUCH !!!!! Let's hope that he doesn't fight the vet to much....

kuhio98
10-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Poor Pouncer, poor meowmie and your Mom! I sure hope you are all doing better soon. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Lisa

jenluckenbach
10-31-2005, 12:31 PM
Poor Pouncer. Poor YOU!!!

That boy is such a trouble maker, isn't he?? ;) :p (j/k)

catnapper
10-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Poor Pouncer. Poor YOU!!!

That boy is such a trouble maker, isn't he?? ;) :p (j/k)
YES, he is! Its so weird for me to see Pouncer in one spot, and then still in that same spot hours later (even minutes later... Pouncer never sits still.)

The vet asked me what I feed him. I told them that everyone gets a mixture of weight management and hairball control food. Wieght management because everyone but Pouncer is fat... then I realized why he's the only one of my kitties without a weight issue -- its because he never sits still! He ALWAYS on the move, climbing, jumping, chasing, pouncing. I get exhausted just from watching him sometimes.

I don't know how many times a day I say "Pouncer! Get down!" "Pouncer! Get out of there!" "Pounce... stop that!" "Poooouncerrrr.... leave her ALONE!" Two minutes before he fell off my computer hutch, he was stomping on the printer (and he fell off :rolleyes: ) while I was printing something from the computer that mom needed.

I think Pouncer's new nickname will be Mr. Graceful. Because he's NOT.

The vet still hasn't called. I will call them at 2:00 - they told me to do so if I haven't heard from them by then. Its just past 1:30 now. This has been a looong afternoon.

lisalee
10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Poor Pouncer, he looks so loveable. I sure hope he feels better soon! :)

catnapper
10-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Ok.... just spoke to the vet. MY widdle boy has indeed broken two toes, but they are not displaced, so he just needs to be splinted for 6 weeks. I'll take him back every two weeks for a re-evaluation and new splints.

They are still trying to get a urine sample from his for urinalysis.... stubborn boy refuses to pee. I could have told them that he wouldn't! So now they have to take it from him whether or not he wants to! :eek: ;)

One last bit of news: The vet is completely unconcerned about the rabies issue. I just need to "quarrantine" him for 10 days. Which basically, all I have to do is keep him like normal, and if new people come over to the house, keep him away from them. :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh my! I think that is the most pitiful I've ever seen poor little Pouncer! :(

I'm glad it's something they can fix relatively easy. I'm just curious to see how long that splint stays on him though, especially once he starts feeling better and is up and about again. ;)

jenluckenbach
10-31-2005, 02:17 PM
OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!!

When will that boy ever learn?!? :eek:

Good luck with the urinalysis. Fingers crossed here.