PDA

View Full Version : Are you going Trick-or-Treating??

Toby's my baby
10-30-2005, 03:10 PM
I was just wondering how many of you are going trick our treating. .. ? Are you bring your kids, friends, family members, pets... ??

:)

carole
10-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Yes my daughter and all her friends are going trick and treating tonight, It is Halloween here in NZ tonight, they will do the local neighbourhood , then my hubby and I will take them over to see her Nana and get some goodies and do the area there as well, we follow them around to make sure they are safe,Halloween is relatively new here in NZ, maybe five years or so,but yes the kids have a great time.,hopefully I can post pics of them this year as I have the digi camera this time around. :)

gkristian
10-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Halloween isn't that big here in australia....we do get a few kids knoking on out door each year, but that about it

sammy101
10-30-2005, 03:23 PM
yes! I'm going with one of my friends,and were both dressing up as a girl from the Renaissance time. :)

Karen
10-30-2005, 03:37 PM
I will be handing out candy, and Miss Hoppy may or may not help me greet trick-or-treaters. If she decides to be out on the porch with me, I hold her for the little kids to pet - then have to remind them to take candy, too, as they get mesmerized and forget all about it otherwise!

Samantha Puppy
10-30-2005, 03:46 PM
No, Josh and I will just pass out candy this year. Next year, one of us will take Nug around just to the 20 or so townhouses on our street. :) I'm already thinking up possible costumes for him!!

chrissycat21
10-30-2005, 03:55 PM
I will if I can think of a costume between now and then. If not, I'll probably take my little sister and Snowy and make my sister share her candy. :p

k9krazee
10-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Not this year....Jack's first class of obedience is tomorrow night during prime trick or treating hours!! This will be my first year not going out, I stopped trick or treating a while ago but I would usually walk with my sister and cousins.

cali
10-30-2005, 04:38 PM
me and Happy are going to my friends house and we are going to hand out candy, and if its not to cold then me, steph and Happy will all go trick or treating with my friends little sister.

neko1
10-30-2005, 05:12 PM
No, we're actually going out to dinner so that we don't have to be home.

Toby's my baby
10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Sounds fun everybody! I am not going trick-or-treating either, this is my first or second year not going. I will be home to hand out candy though, but i doubt anybody will come. In all the years that i ahve lived at my house, we have never had anybody come trick-or-treating here. But, maybe some of the kids that me and my sister babysit will come. . ..

wolfie
10-31-2005, 08:26 AM
No... I'm 20. :p And actually, I'm working anyway.

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 08:36 AM
Happy Halloween everyone! I have gone to Halloween parties the last four or five years, and, love that! This is the first year in a long time, I don't have a specific costume, and, only briefly dressed up Friday night to go to a party. I don't remember the last year I actually went trick-or-treating, though, but, I do remember the last time I passed out candy to a lot of kids. I lived with my husband (now, ex) in Olympia, Washington, and, we got a lot of trick-or-treaters. I think it was about 9 years ago. Since then, I can't remember ever getting very many kids coming by...not in Olympia, Virginia, Texas, or here...it's just not as popular anymore, from the looks of it. People are scared nowadays. :( Ever since that urban myth about the razor blade in the apple...oy. But, we have candy here, just in case. ;)

RobiLee
10-31-2005, 08:38 AM
I will be sitting on the porch passing out candy. I loved trick or treating as a child and I enjoy passing out the candy as an adult. I just love seeing all the kids in their costumes. They are so cute!

I was just telling Anna that Katie and Tori are always on the chair and up in the big picture window and it is quite a site and the kids love it...adults too! Always lots of oohhhing and awwwing and pointing...lol. We have even had a few trick or treaters ask if they can come in to pet them. The pups love the attention!

Samantha Puppy
10-31-2005, 08:45 AM
How could I be so stupid? Do I really need to "start thinking" of a costume for my son for next year? NO! He should be a chicken nugget!!! LOL So now all I have to do is somehow find a baby-sized nugget costume...

... Anyone got any ideas?

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 08:47 AM
How could I be so stupid? Do I really need to "start thinking" of a costume for my son for next year? NO! He should be a chicken nugget!!! LOL So now all I have to do is somehow find a baby-sized nugget costume...

... Anyone got any ideas?

Ha ha, you'd be better off probably making one. ;) Or having one made. I just pictured soft, pliable wire holding the material in shape, your baby's face peeking out from a hole...and, little dipping sauce buckets for shoes...ha ha! Or even a chicken nugget box with a nugget hat. :)

k9krazee
10-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Ha ha, you'd be better off probably making one. ;) Or having one made. I just pictured soft, pliable wire holding the material in shape, your baby's face peeking out from a hole...and, little dipping sauce buckets for shoes...ha ha! Or even a chicken nugget box with a nugget hat. :)

That would be adorable...lol!!!!!

carole
10-31-2005, 03:29 PM
Well the girls had a blast, a lot of fun, it is only really taking off in NZ now, I had no callers but next year I am going to make sure I do by inviting them in with glowing pumpkins or something on the gates , a few houses had this so the kids knew they were wanting some Halloween visitors, they got lots and lots of sweets, and even some money, a good time was had by all, I enjoy seeing the kids walking the streets all dressed up as well, bit of a novelty still here. :)

dogzr#1
10-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Nope, I'm not going to trick or treat. We don't celebrate Halloween.

Samantha Puppy
10-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Note to self: I have one year to become resourceful and creative so that I can create a nugget costume for Nug. (NO dipping sauce necessary though - Wendy's nuggets don't need it! LOL)

Flatcoatluver
10-31-2005, 06:36 PM
everybody's plans sound so much fun!

finn's mom
10-31-2005, 06:37 PM
(NO dipping sauce necessary though - Wendy's nuggets don't need it! LOL)

You're so right! They are awesome...although I do end up still getting ranch. :) That comes from six years in Texas, though...they put ranch on everything! :)

Kfamr
10-31-2005, 08:12 PM
I took my friend's little sister, switched between Ki & Nala, and some friends came along too.

Samantha Puppy
10-31-2005, 09:14 PM
You're so right! They are awesome...although I do end up still getting ranch. :) That comes from six years in Texas, though...they put ranch on everything! :)

I love ranch on everything too and I was born and bred in Maryland. I put it on fries, pizza, etc. Just not Wendy's nuggets. I don't want to do anything to alter the wonderful, perfect blend of spices that make up my legal crack fix. :)

caseysmom
10-31-2005, 09:25 PM
I have 2 teenagers so no offense to the teens on here but half the teens that came trick or treating smell like pot :eek: