PDA

View Full Version : bad news about old blue

davidpizzica
10-30-2005, 01:04 PM
I might have to get rid of Old Blue, my 1994 olds cutlass surpreme. I think I may have blown the head gasket. I filled the overflow tank this morning and went to the flea market. I came out and saw a lot of coolant on the pavement and coolant leaking under the gasket I limped it home and parked it. I'm going to have my brother look at it and we'll go from there.

finn's mom
10-30-2005, 01:13 PM
:( that sucks.

davidpizzica
10-30-2005, 01:17 PM
:( that sucks.
What really sucks is that the car is 12 years old with only 71,500 miles!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh no! Not old blue! Maybe it's just a hose or something that is dripping down and making it look like it's coming from the gasket??

Fingers crossed!!!

davidpizzica
10-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Oh no! Not old blue! Maybe it's just a hose or something that is dripping down and making it look like it's coming from the gasket??

Fingers crossed!!!
Connie, I thought it was that too at first, but I took a closer look and saw it coming out from under the head. I hate to give her up, but it looks like I may have to!

Killearn Kitties
10-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh David, I hope not! Fingers crossed for Old Blue!

carole
10-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here for ole Blue as well, sorry to hear of your car troubles my friend, head gaskets are mighty expensive things to fix, here's hoping it is not that and something easy fixable.

moosmom
10-30-2005, 05:44 PM
David,

I got your voicemail message about ole Blue. Unfortunately, (ahem!! ;) ) I tried to call you and your line is BUSY!!! Jeesh!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's nothing major. Anything good at the flea market???

Lady's Human
10-30-2005, 08:32 PM
David,

If it IS the headgasket leaking, one thing you may want to have someone TRUSTED try is to very, very carefully re torque the head bolts. If it has cast iron heads that can sometimes help (depending on whether the gasket is still seated in place). If it has cast aluminum heads you may have to get rid of the car, normally aluminum heads crack when they warp.