PDA

View Full Version : Omg Omg Omg

catnapper
10-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Pouncer got his paw caught caught on the high hutch in my office, and was dangiling upside down with his paw caught in the door of the hutch. My mom tried to help him, which got her bitten BAD. Blood everywhere, immediate swelling. We rushed her to the emergency room, and she'll be ok.

Problem #1: the vet messed up their records. I SWEAR he's up to date on rabies, they swear he is not. Without the rabies on record, they'll either quarrantine him for 10 days, or make mom get the rabies shots.

Problem #2: I think his back paw is broken. Its swollen for sure, and he won't let me touch it to look at it. He's currently hiding under the bed, and I'm no fool to go in under the bed after him. We DO have the appointment Wednesday for the vet to look a him for crystals, but he'll NEED to go tomorrow instead.

OMG OMG OMG.... what else can go wrong?????

Barbara
10-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh no!!! I am so sorry for your mom and poor Pouncer! He is really a boy who gets into mischief!

I suppose it is a legal thing with the rabies. How could an indoor kitty like Pouncer carry rabies?

In getting him out under the bed only patience will do. I hope he'll come out if you can give him the impression you ignore him!

I hope both will be ok.

Randi
10-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Oh no!! Poor Pouncer! :( No wonder he's upset. Is there any way you can get him to take a painkiller - perhaps in his food? I do hope the vet can see him tomorrow.

You certainly don't need extra problems concerning rabies shots! If you're sure he's had one, they must trust you!! If not, perhaps you mother should get one.

I hope nothing is broken and he'll be fine in no time, and your mother too. :)

Felix
10-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Wishing you all the best.Please keep us updated.

Sonia59
10-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh no! :( I hope Pouncer and your mom will be OK! What a scary story.

caseysmom
10-30-2005, 12:02 PM
The Vet should have mentioned this during appointments that he was not up to date...thats awful, perhaps your vet can vouch for him being an inside kitty.

AmberLee
10-30-2005, 12:16 PM
OMG is right!

~~~ soothing vibes to Pouncer ~~~ and ~~~ healing vibes to Pouncer AND your Mom ~~~.

And :rolleyes: to your vet's paperwork. Sheesh. Do you keep your records, can you document it from your end?

CalliesMom
10-30-2005, 12:22 PM
:( Poor Pouncer, your mom, and you! It just seems as if you can't catch a break and I'm so so sorry to read this. I hope the paw is fine and hopefully, you can get an earlier appointment!!

Soapets
10-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh no! :eek: I hope your mom is ok, and I sure hope Pouncer is ok, too!

Does he have a rabies vaccination tag? When my pets get rabies shots, they get a tag with the year engraved on it, and we also get paperwork stating the date, the lot number, etc., so if there is ever any question we have proof on hand.

I sure hope things quiet down for you, and that things can be worked out soon!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated!

Deb

shais_mom
10-30-2005, 12:45 PM
aawww Kim I am so so sorry for you. You are having a horrible month!

Kirsten
10-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Oh no, that's horrible news!! :( Hope Pouncer and your mom will be alright!

Doesn't you have some kind of vaccination card that's documenting Pouncer's vaccinations? Hope you can clear this up and he doesn't need to go into quarantaine!!!

Pouncer, please come out from under the bed, so you can get a proper treatment. You need to see a vet asap!!!

Best wishes to you, Kim, your mom and poor little Pouncer! Lily is sending lots and lots of purrs to take the pain away from him.

Kirsten

orangemm
10-30-2005, 12:56 PM
That must have been a harrowing experience for everyone involved; your mom, because she was trying to help Pouncer, Pouncer, because he was hurt and scared, and YOU, for having to deal with it all!

I don't know what to tell you, just know that we're all thinking of you and hoping for the best...........for everyone!!!

((((hugs))))

momcat
10-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh Kim! You've got to be very close to your breaking point right now and it's easy to see why. Poor Pouncer, I hope his little paw isn't broken and his injury isn't serious. Another cast kitty in your house doesn't sound like a good situation. Do cats in your town have to be licensed? If so, they'd have records of his rabies shot because cats can't be licensed without written verification from a vet. How is your Mom? Prayers that her injury clears up with no complications. It's disturbing that the vet can't verify Pouncer's shot, hope that gets straightened out quick and in a hurry! And, most of all, what can we do for you? You have many friends here ready and willing to help!

rg_girlca
10-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Oh Kim, how my heart is breaking for you for all that you have had to deal with lately.

I'm glad that your Mom got prompt medical attention and that she will be okay.

Poor Pouncer. Gosh I pray that it isn't broken. That must have been so scary to see him hanging like that.

I'm with Momcat, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you Kim.

I know this is easy for me to say, but hang in there girl, we are all here for you.

((((((HUGS))))))

catmandu
10-30-2005, 01:54 PM
We hope that your Mom,and Pouncer will be all right.
Is there a test that they can do,on Pouncer so your Mom will not have to go through Rabie Shots.
Especially the old ones,in the pit of the stomach.
We pray that everything will be all right.

prechrswife
10-30-2005, 03:23 PM
:( I'm so sorry this has happened. I was going to ask the same thing that some of the others have--do you have a copy of his vaccination records? We get the tag and a printed certificate to prove rabies vaccination. I hope everything works out okay.

catnapper
10-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Well... sorry I've been out all day since posting this. Mom is home, she filled her prescription for antibiotics, and says its just now startig to hurt... she didn't believe me that cat bites hurt like ths.... I told her to wait til tonight when the full pain kicks in.

As for the rabies certificate... I TRY to keep a record of all the vet bills, and rabies tags. It seems this is one receipt I lost :o I just CAN NOT understand HOW Allen is up to date on rabies, but Pouncer is NOT, when they both go to the vet for their yearlies TOGETHER. I am going to have to tear apart my files to find it. I have it....somewhere.

I spoke to the rescue and they've all been bitten by ferals where it was impossible ot determine rabies, and they think the hospital is just over reacting and covering their OWN butts since they didn't insist mom gets the rabies shots then and there. I only hope my vet also thinks its no big deal. This boy never steps paw outside. When I open the door to the outside, he hides BEHIND the door. I could leave the back door wide open for 24 hours and he'd still be sitting in the house. How an indoor only kitty could contract rabies in beyond me. They will most likely want a 10 day quarrantine - even if at my home. If any cat's been watched like a hawk, its Pouncer. I've been watching him for a week now to make sure he's peed and doesn't have a full baldder. No change in personality... unless you count him acting NICE lately ;)

I just now saw Pouncer for the first time all day.... he's obviously in serious pain. He just limps around growing at everything. He refused wet food. I was petrified to try getting a pain pill in him, but he took it without too much fuss. Of course I can't get hold of the vet til tomorrow morning. You better believe I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning with the vet changing his appointment to tomorrow. They BETTER TAKE US~!

Barbara
10-30-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh Kim, I am glad we are updated but the outcome still is not satisfying :( Poor Pouncer! And your poor mom. Hope all of you will be able to spend a more or less quiet night!

orangemm
10-30-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm praying that you will find the receipt...I'm the same way as you when it comes to finding the exact receipt I need. It's ALWAYS somewhere that I don't normally put all my sales slips and ALWAYS the last place I look.

I cannot imagine what your mom is going through; it cannot be pleasant. Hope they gave her some pain pills, too.

And, Pouncer doesn't sound happy, either; poor guy, not able to tell you what's wrong.

Hugs to you all! (((((hugs)))) AGAIN! :(

caseysmom
10-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Kim...hopefully he just bruised his foot. You have had a lot more experience with cats than me but I remember once my rb gigi was hiding under the bed hurt and we had no idea what happened to her. We still let her go outside at that time and I was sure she had been hit by a car, she would not move at all.

I took her to the vet and it was a bite from another cat, she got regulated to the indoors after that...the point of my rambling is when cats are hurt they can really let you know about it and the injury may not be as serious as you think, I am hoping its just a bruise.

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about Pouncer and your mom too. :( Hopefully his leg isn't broken. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. I also hope that your luck changes as well because you've had too many bad things happening in your life lately. Please take care.

DogLover9501
10-30-2005, 07:24 PM
:eek: :( Kim, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.

I hope that everything works out for the best. {{{{Hugs}}}}

lisalee
10-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Kim, I'm sorry to hear this about Pouncer. I hope he is okay and everything turns out alright for both of you.

AlleyCat
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about poor Pouncer !! (The pictures were cute, though.) I hope everything works out okay with the rabies situation. I hope Mom is okay too!

prechrswife
10-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the update. Poor Pouncer is just having a rotten week, isn't he? I hope the vet can see him tomorrow.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-31-2005, 03:51 AM
Poor Pouncer... poor mom.... AND poor you, Kim!!
Extra hugs from Belgium!!

Mad Mags Moo
10-31-2005, 04:04 AM
Oh Kim, what a time you guys are having. Big hugs to you and that boy Pouncer. Hope your mum is doing ok.
Take care, thinking of you

Kirsten
10-31-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Pouncer is in pain! :( Hope he will see his vet very soon. Boy, he's getting into trouble all the time! :eek:

Kirsten