PDA

View Full Version : Spanish translation please

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Can I please ask one of our Spanish-speaking PTers to translate this for me:

Your payment is still not in my bank account. Please ask your bank to trace the transfer, and also give me the TT number so I can trace it from this side.

Thank You

(I sold one of my MB pens to a spanish bidder on eBay, and he has sent proof of payment, but two weeks later the money is still not in my account! It is proving VERY difficult to resolve as his English is bad and my Spanish is ZERO!!!

Jessika
10-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Have you tried an online translator such as the one at http://babelfish.altavista.com ??

This is what I got when running your text through that translator:

Su pago todavía no está en mi cuenta bancaria. Pida por favor que su banco remonte la transferencia, y también déme el número del TT así que puedo remontarlo de este lado.

Gracias

Now I don't know if that's correct but its a start! :)

Kfamr
10-30-2005, 01:48 PM
If you go and paste their Spanish translation and translate it to English, this is what you get..

"Its payment still is not in my banking account. Request please that its bank overcomes the transference, and also déme the number of the TT so I can overcome it of this side. Thanks"

Those translators aren't always the most reliable. Hopefully someone who speaks Spanish can help. I took 3 years of Spanish but all I can tell you is that your jeans are blue or your cat is black.

Jessika
10-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Of course they aren't always reliable but at least it gives the other person a vague idea of what you were trying to say, you know? I know people who use translators such as that one to communicate with people they've sold stuff too over eBay before, and it works fine.

slleipnir
10-30-2005, 02:26 PM
I personally wouldn't usea translater..it looks unprofessional translated to the point where you almost can't understand it. I know there are people who speak spanish here though... :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-31-2005, 12:37 AM
Thanks guys. I have seen how weird some of the online translator results are, so I prefer not to use them unless absolutely a last resort!

Micki kindly sent me a translation, which I have sent to my buyer - hopefully I can sort this out now!!

Sonia59
10-31-2005, 09:00 AM
Why not sending a PM to our Spanish PT'ers? The only member I could find back is "jackie", but there are probably many more. And Anita cholaine (Argentina)? The sentence is short, it should be a matter of a few seconds to translate it. ;)

Randi
10-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Julie, I showed the translation in Jessica's quote to my teacher, she is from Valencia, Spain. She said it was OK, but more South American than Spanish, which is perfect, as the reciever is Mexican, right? :)

Hope you get the money!

Anita Cholaine
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
I think that translation is ok......I'm not sure about the word Trace, though....
Good luck with all the money thing....

jackie
10-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Su pago no está aun en mi cuenta. Por favor pida a su banco buscarla y a su vez deme el numero de transferencia así yo lo busco por mi lado. Gracias

Sorry I didn't check this earlier! :o

Anita Cholaine
10-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Well... that has more sense.... I'm so bad at translating, that's why I didn't tell you anything sure.... :o

Husky_mom
10-31-2005, 01:11 PM
hi, just to let you know i´m from Mexico, so i speak spanish. and the translation that gave you is pretty much it.

su pago aun no aparece en mi cuanta bancaria, por favor pida a su banco rastree la transferencia y deme el numero de TT (which this i don´t know but i think is number of transaction, if so it would be replaced by "transferencia" o "referencia") para asi yo poder verificarlo desde aca.

Gracias

I really hope this helps