PDA

View Full Version : =( Another Betta passed on..

binka_nugget
10-30-2005, 01:23 AM
http://72.29.83.114/~ohvmyvd/October%2023%20-%20New%20Fishes%20-%2005.jpg

Jack died today.

I tried so hard to save this guy. The quality of his water was excellent. I even added some black water extract in hopes of getting him to perk up. I lowered the water level so he could get to the top easily. The temperature in his tank was great. He was being fed awesome food.. I was doing everything I could to save him but I guess that wasn't enough. :( I really wanted him to be the papa of my first spawn (that I was planning to have in a couple weeks!) Ugh.. it's just not my week. I lost my Narcissa girl yesterday.. and then I saw him nearly dead this morning and knew that he'd probably be gone by the time I got home from work. I was right. :(

chocolatepuppy
10-30-2005, 04:49 AM
I'm so sorry Ashley. :( I've dealt with losing one right after the other before, it's really sad. I'm sure it's nothing you did wrong, it just happens sometimes.

crazy_caique
10-30-2005, 07:29 AM
I am so sorry.You did everthing you could it was his to time go.So sorry.My prayers are with you. :(

bckrazy
10-31-2005, 12:03 AM
I'm SO sorry, Ashley :(... you really did do everything you possibly could for him. It must've been shipping that just stressed him out too much. RIP Jack and Narcisssa

ughh, I can't believe Narcissa passed away too. It really has been a bad week for you, but both of them were very happy and well cared for while they were with you. You take awesome care of your Bettas... it really could've happened to anyone. Hopefully all of your babies will be very, very healthy from now on. Have you told Jack's breeder about this? Maybe they'd be willing to replace him with a sibling male for the price of shipping? Hasn't he been sickly since he arrived?

binka_nugget
10-31-2005, 12:14 AM
I'm SO sorry, Ashley :(... you really did do everything you possibly could for him. It must've been shipping that just stressed him out too much. RIP Jack and Narcisssa

ughh, I can't believe Narcissa passed away too. It really has been a bad week for you, but both of them were very happy and well cared for while they were with you. You take awesome care of your Bettas... it really could've happened to anyone. Hopefully all of your babies will be very, very healthy from now on. Have you told Jack's breeder about this? Maybe they'd be willing to replace him with a sibling male for the price of shipping? Hasn't he been sickly since he arrived?

I emailed his breeder but I haven't heard anything yet. I actually picked him up since his breeder is around Vancouver too. I think it might have been the fall that he had when my brother dropped his bag. :( I've had bettas fall to the ground after jumping out of a net so I was hopeful that he'd make it but I guess it was too much for him.

What a horrible week. :(

LuvGold00
10-31-2005, 01:03 AM
So sorry to hear! :(

petslover
10-31-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear about another loss. :(

luvofallhorses
11-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I am so sorry, Ashley. :( {{{hugs}}}