PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ooph! Panic Attack...

AmberLee
10-30-2005, 01:02 AM
I've been down lately and it seems everything is a reason to beat myself up. One among many things is the realization that I've been talking about writing a novel for over 10 years now. In a fit of ... I don't know what motivated me ,,, I signed up for this year's National November Writer's Month (NaNoWriMo) contest. Between November 1 and November 30, we each commit to writing a novel of 50,000 words. It need not be a GOOD novel, but it must be written. And now I'm having a panic attack.

Aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee! What was I thinking????

catnapper
10-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Good for you! This will moticate you! I too have two or three novels in my head that I'd love to put down on paper... the concepts are great.... I am just not a literary person. What a Inned is to tell the story to someone and have them write the novel! :D :p

Randi
10-30-2005, 06:14 AM
But Amberlee, you're such a good writer!! You can do it! :) You just have to decide what. ;)

Best of luck!!

trayi52
10-30-2005, 06:34 AM
Amberlee, you know you can do it! Me? I would not even know where to start, you have the talent, so, I say go for it!

Willie :)

smokey the elder
10-30-2005, 06:50 AM
A piece of advice that the late Marion Zimmer Bradley used to give aspiring writers: the only way to success is to put the seat of the pants onto the seat of the typewriting chair. :) Good luck!

catmandu
10-30-2005, 08:50 AM
Cat Detectives are very good seller,you just have to think of something that hasnt been done.
How about a Pet Squad,with a Cat,Dog,Bird Hmaster,Monkey,Horse each contributing thier strengths to solve crimes.
Inspired a bit by the Freddy the Pig stories of my youth.
Or a girl,that can become a Cat.
Or can communicate with All Cats,like Aquaman does with his Finny Pals.
A Found Cat Hotel Novel,you could have the rights,free.

Killearn Kitties
10-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Good for you! Yes, scary perhaps, but I'm sure you can do it, and I'm sure it will be a good novel!

Barbara
10-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Amberlee, the first thing I noticed about you was your writing! In the mini blinds thread. I thought you were a professional journalist. Good thing to throw something in the water and to have to swim after it ;)

Randi
10-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Amberlee, the first thing I noticed about you was your writing! In the mini blinds thread. I thought you were a professional journalist. Good thing to throw something in the water and to have to swim after it ;)
Not to mention ...... Bedtime story (http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?t=8544&page=1&pp=40&highlight=bedtime) :D

RedHedd
10-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Good for you! I know the hardest part is just getting started .... like you said, it doesn't have to be good, but I bet it will be .... so open up Word and start typing! :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Start with an outline! That always helps me when I am faced with a blank sheet of paper!

AmberLee
10-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks for all your support, all!

We're not allowed to start writing till Tuesday early a.m., one minute after midnight actually.

But we can outline and I've started... :eek: :D :eek:

rg_girlca
10-30-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you have been feeling down lately. I pray that writing your story out will make you feel more chipper.
From reading the bedtime story it is quite clear that you have the talent for writing. I'm sure once you start, it will all go very smoothly.

momcat
10-30-2005, 01:26 PM
In the words of my former high school English teacher, Mrs. Desmond:

Columbus took a chance and look what he found!

Go for it and good luck!!!!!

lizbud
10-30-2005, 04:23 PM
I would hate to have to write with a deadline. Why don't you just try to
find a quiet spot, light your favorite scented candle & invite your muse by
pouring a small glass of good wine. :) Best of luck. I know you can do it. :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2005, 10:44 PM
AmberLee, I've always thought that you have a very creative mind, a wonderful sense of humor, and you're also able to express yourself with words extemely well. :) I know that you can do this. Good luck. :)

gini
10-31-2005, 10:55 AM
They always say that the hardest part about writing is the first blank piece of paper - or blank monitor screen in your case.

Take a deep breath - calm down - let your creative thoughts come to the forefront - and GO FOR IT!

I bet you will have to do some editing because you will scream past 50,000 words in a heartbeat!