PDA

View Full Version : PET Pet Peeves! What do they do that annoy, gross you out....?

QueenScoopalot
10-29-2005, 07:49 PM
A slight take off on the "pet peeves' threads that have been circulating..though this one is only about pets! I'm starting this because of my peeve.....
I picked up my two legged boy Gabriel (born with stumps for hind legs) and have been wondering for the last few moments what that smell is? His anal sacks went ~*ick*~ onto my clothing. Note the fumes eminating from this thread yet? Off to change my clothing, and await your pet pet peeves!

Lady's Human
10-29-2005, 08:08 PM
My pet pet peeves? There are two, both involving our resident felines. Hairballs on the rug, which both cats are guilty of, and one particular to Pippen, AKA Big and Stupid. He overeats constantly, gets himself sick, and winds up throwing up wherever he winds up after eating.

RedHedd
10-29-2005, 10:46 PM
My pet pet peeve is my little Mitzi mess maker who finds it necessary to fling litter EVERYWHERE when using the litterbox. I have beaches in my hallway and now a broken vacuum cleaner thanks to her "beaches." :rolleyes:

finn's mom
10-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Finn's apparent modesty when going #2. He takes me into the bushiest spots, I can hardly follow him. Ha, but, then other times, he'll go right in the middle of the darn street. :D :rolleyes:

I always hated the hairball thing with the kitties...

Jessika
10-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Dragging out my dirty underwear!! :(

areias
10-30-2005, 12:05 AM
When the dogs completely ignore everyone that comes over that loves dogs. And then when your grandparents or another important anti-dog person comes over, they go nuts.

Those that have large furry dogs-those damn hairballs floating around in the air during shedding season, and the funny looking tufts sticking out from your dogs flanks.

Kfamr
10-30-2005, 02:57 AM
When they lick their butts or sometimes sniff eachothers!

Dogs are so weird. :eek:

QueenScoopalot
10-30-2005, 07:21 AM
When they lick their butts or sometimes sniff eachothers!

Dogs are so weird. :eek:
That's a dogs way of shaking hands lol! ;) Spencer has the tendency to "hump air" every now and then. :rolleyes: I have no idea why...he was neutered at 5 months.

Samantha Puppy
10-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Samantha
~ When it's raining, I have to literally PUSH her out the door to get her to go to the bathroom. Then she tries to trick me by going out of sight for a second and coming back up the stairs like she peed.
~ When the kitties are wrestling, she pouces at them and boofs to break it up. She doesn't realize what entertainment that is!

The Kitties
~ All four love to follow me downstairs when they know I'm scooping. Once the boxes are clean, there is a mad rush for the box and they all dirty it up again - while I'm watching. Kirin once watched me do one, climbed in when I was done and peed, and then watched me go to the other one, scoop and when I was done, he crawled in and pooped.
~ Kirin loooooves to let the entire neighborhood know when he catches his "mousies". Trouble is, he "hunts" the most at night - as in, the middle of - so at 3-4am, Josh and I are woken up by a howling cat.
~ Kimi has a fetish with Josh's glasses. I've lost count how many mornings he's woken up to find them NOT on his bedside table but somewhere else entirely because she snitched them during the night.
~ Kirin likes to scratch random areas on the wall and drag his nails down it, which sounds a lot like nails on a chalkboard.
~ Kirin LOVES being squirted with the water spritzer, so while it's a deterrent for the other three, it isn't for him and he's the biggest punk of them all.

Samantha's pretty good, but the cats are punks.

finn's mom
10-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Reading some of these reminds me of a couple others...Finn will render my undies crotchless if I leave them out. Blech.

He whines if he's outside and we're inside. If he's completely alone, he's fine, but, if he knows we're inside, forget it. ;) It's this horrible, throaty, deep whine, too...not anything like I've heard before.

RICHARD
10-30-2005, 10:41 AM
the friggin 'traveling water bowl'...

And why do I have to pick up after a dog when horse crap is more voluminous, smelly and just as nasty? :confused:

Kfamr
10-30-2005, 11:12 AM
And why do I have to pick up after a dog when horse crap is more voluminous, smelly and just as nasty? :confused:

I know, I know, I know!

Dogs are carnivorous - they harbor a bacteria called coliform in their gut, from eating meats. (Same with humans who eat meat.) Their 'crap' gets into our water system and causes coliform levels to rise - which is harmful to humans and animals.
Horses eat grains, veggies, etc. Thererfor their 'crap' isn't harmful....well, to the nose it is. ;)

We have one of these - http://www.futurepets.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=DOL2000
Where we dispose of our dog's poop. It apparently turns the crap into a harmless liquid that's "safe" for the environment. (This was a part of my Biology class last year. :o )

anna_66
10-30-2005, 11:45 AM
The only PET pet peeve I have is Bons mout after he eats or drinks.
He has such large hanging jowels that food sticks to it and water runs off of it like a water fall. We have to make sure his mouth is wiped all the time so he doesn't slime us or get doggie pimples (bacteria can grow in his jowels if not kept clean).
Otherwise I can handle everything else:p

Scooby4
10-30-2005, 12:03 PM
One pet peeve is when my dogs or cat get under my feet constantly. They follow me everywhere!!! :eek: I will admit that it can be kind of an "ego" boost to have someone want to follow my footprints but NOT while I am trying to walk in them too!!! :rolleyes:
Second pet peeve... When the dogs or cat does something bad or wrong and then look at me like "I am soo sweet and cute... please love me!!!" :mad: How can you get mad at that? Especially, when they already know they did wrong and they know you know it. :rolleyes: Benji took out a lamp and my piggy bank while I was out. I came home and she didn't greet me. Then I saw the broken glass and she had already gone to the back door waiting to be "tossed out". I laughed soo hard I couldn't be mad.
Third, this is extremely embarrassing :o ... I came home to find my maxipads torn up all over the floor!!! I don't think my date was too impressed... :o Took forever to get the cotton filling out of my carpet.
I love my pets but boy they can cause some real peeves!!! ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-30-2005, 05:03 PM
When Keeva and Winston drink and their last mouthful ends up all over the floor! It seems this a breed trait though as most of the Dobes I dog sit do the same.

caseysmom
10-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Bubba's fur drives me crazy...I will never have another dog with long hair! If he has a messy poop he needs an entire bath, if he throws up he stinks until he gets a bath.

Casey is totally low maintenance.

catnapper
10-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Nicki looooooves tissues. The more "Flavored" the better. She also adores used "feminine products" (even worse once they come back up.) She also HATES when hubby and I cuddle. He calls her BC (birth control!) We might not be doing anything other than holding hands and she barks her head off until we stop.

Allen pees on any blankets that are on the floor. Even if its two minutes, he swoops in and sprays.

Pouncer has a fascination with rolling around in litter -- dirty or clean, he rolls in it.

QueenScoopalot
10-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Pouncer has a fascination with rolling around in litter -- dirty or clean, he rolls in it.
Chip does that too! But he's whacked out of his head anyway. :rolleyes: I find it amusing when he's rolling in freshly scooped potties. :D The iguana often comes out of her tank and wanders around the house...and I come home to the most disgusting slimy mess of lizard excrement on the floor. Imagine trying to wipe up egg whites mixed with lumps of mud? Only good thing is it really has no odor at all to it, but man it's gross to clean up! :rolleyes: The dogs used to feast on the cats crunchy coated tootsie rolls until I moved all the litterpans into the basement. ;)

catland
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
The sound of either Joxer or Strauss barfing at 3:00 in the morning. Its even worse when Joxer is sleeping on our bed. :eek:

joycenalex
10-30-2005, 09:47 PM
after alex gets a drink from the waterbowl, he gets alot of water on the floor, and guess how many times i've found it in my socks?
richard, smelly runny stools can be a sign of poor quality or poorly digested food. maybe a higher quality food, or a change will firm up the stools and make it less smelly. while alexs' stools are still...poop, it's not horrid, just a lousy duty (pun intended) :rolleyes:

Flatcoatluver
10-30-2005, 09:52 PM
KENDY: Getting into dog food
KESHAW: her anooying crys
KASEY: Growling and hissing at other cats
ZOEY: NOt listing
T>J: scared or everything pounts
ducks: always attacking
fish: none

wolf_Q
10-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Reggie has an obsession with trying to lick Nebo's privates ten thousand times a day. It drives me insane! Nebo gets a look in his eye like he's going to go after him (though he never has) and Reggie will not stop until I yell at him. Gross!! He also is really talented at getting right under your feet and tripping you.

Sydney's barking outside is extremely annoying, she'll just go nonstop...even if scolded she'll stop for a second then start up again. Her garbage habits are annoying too, we have to put the garbages out of her reach (especially bathroom one) because she just loves to chew up toilet paper. She doesn't just chew it up though, she spreads it throughout several rooms...

The only thing I can think of with Nebo is he's a messy drinker, he spills water all over the floor. He also will drink tons and tons of water at a time then run around the house and end up puking it up.

Cookiebaker
10-31-2005, 05:22 AM
Malone: when I'm in a hurry to do something, or be someplace, he grabs something nawtee (off the coffee table or garbage can) and play "catch-me-if-you-can".

Emerson: Whenever I'm bent over to tie my shoes, he stands really close and WIGGLES. I push him away, and he just presses in that much harder. Tieing my shoes can sometimes be a 5 minute ordeal. :rolleyes: And Emerson is a real water slop, too. He will take 2 mouthfuls of water, run around the kitchen letting it all dribble out. Repeat 3 or 4 times, and my kitchen is flooded.

LKPike
10-31-2005, 10:12 AM
frankie teaching jillian every bad thing he learned in his life while with his previous bad owners. fighting the nail clippers, trash diving, agressiveness, and stalking and killing little animals.

ParNone
10-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Murph: Non-stop licking of the Collies ears, if I let him that is. I tell him to stop after about a minute. They don't seem to mind, but I worry about him giving them an ear infection. And if it's while I'm trying to go to sleep, I have to get him to knock if off, cuz I can't sleep with licking noises going on.

Oz: He can't seem to play with Gull quietly. It only bothers me when I'm trying to watch something on TV or work though. He's so loud, you can forget about hearing anything said on the TV. And for working, I can't hear myself think from all the racket, so forget about stringing together coherent thoughts to type up.

Gull: Uses his nose to flip the computer keyboard out of my lap or he comes and lays his nose across it. Most of the time I think it's cute, but every once in awhile, when I'm trying to get some work done, it can be a lil' irritating.

Par...

Cataholic
10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
the friggin 'traveling water bowl'...

Good Grief! If mine travelled any further, it would need a PASSPORT! I have ONE word for it- MONTE! That cat...I swear...if I didn't love him so much, I would have given him the bum's rush a month after I adopted him. :eek: I have never known such a 'bad' cat. He is responsible for every single problem in my household, every single one. :eek: :eek:

catlover4ever
10-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Hairballs on the carpet....they can be within inches of the tile floor and they still prefer to throw up on the carpet.

Gracie and Gabriel who decied to wrestle at 2 am.....any other time would be fine....and it would be really nice if they would wrestle on the floor and not on me while I'm trying to sleep.

Abner.....he has to put his paw into every liquid...water, milk, soda...does not matter...he just has to put his paw into it to see what it is. Mark and I swear that Abner's daddy was a squirrel....because he has to bury his food and his water so no one else can have any.

Smokey, well he is just down right nasty. He peeves me the most.

Tucker and her atomic snots...she sneezes all the time and it is just nasty. No amount of antibiotic can help her. :rolleyes:

Mystic and her smelly behind and Tigger who will not settle down on side of you until she walks in a circle for what seems like forever....just LAY DOWN!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Peanut - at home she's the perfect little girl, I love her to bits and she can do no wrong! However, in the motorhome..... :rolleyes: She must drink with her paw, which is not a problem at home with the carpeting - the paw is dry by the time she hits the tile floor, but in the motorhome, the tile floor is about all there is, so she takes a drink, then proceeds to walk from the back all the way to the front and she leaves little wet paw marks the entire way. :rolleyes: But that's not the worst of it....uUsually the litterbox is in the shower, but for about an hour in the morning it needs to come out so we humans can take a shower - sorry Peanut, we can't just lick ourselves clean like you can. She will not use the litterbox all morning, until the second I take it out of the shower! Then she's in it, and out of it, then back in it, then out of it, then it's time for the big dig, then, without going at all, she's out of it, then it's time for a drink....so the paw is wet...then she's back in, then out and tracking not only wet paws all over the tile, but clumpy litter too! She is in and out so many times in that hour it's completely ridiculous, and when she's done the floor looks like a tile lined sand box, which we then have to step on with our wet feet as we get out of the shower. :rolleyes: Finally she'll slow down with the in and out, but she won't totally settle down and leave the litterbox alone until we're both out of the shower and I've got the litterbox back in the shower stall. Then she wants nothing to do with it! :rolleyes: :mad: :)

Whew! Glad I got that off my shoulders. :D

CJ - the only thing I really don't like that he does is his meowing while we're driving in the motorhome. At home he is a little goofball and if anything, I would like him to be a bit more cuddly and sleep with me, but those aren't really pet peeves. His meowing while we're driving though, is enough to drive me insane! :)

ramanth
11-01-2005, 08:41 AM
When Kia will sit either in front of the TV or in the kitchen and whine loudly. She'll have food and water in her bowls. She doesn't want to go out or play, just wants to stare at me and whine.

Ugh!

IRescue452
11-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Pepper- she's so old that she shakes like a cold chihuahua, it drives me nuts.
Sonny- meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow his rendition of the cat food commercials, and when you want him to come by you to get pet he'll walk up to you and stop a few inches too far.
Autumn- the puppydog eyes she gives me when I leave for college, she fetches a toy and quickly snaps her head away when you reach for it, she has a real high pitched bark when she's frustrated at me and when she knows I'm hiding the ball behind my back
Morty- always hisses when I shut the closet door its like the door has a sound effect
Depot- begs for food with this great big wide open mouth like a baby bird

RICHARD
11-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Make me lazy....... ;) :D

http://www.pooper-scooper.com/california.htm

Lobodeb
11-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Maggy: When we're outside, she barks NON STOP! I don't know if she's "announcing" that we're outside, but she just barks...AT NOTHING! She also likes to lick. And lick and lick and lick. And it's not a quiet lick, its a loud slurping lick. She'll do this in the middle of the night. So, if she's licking my husbands leg, I hear "slurp, slurp, slurp" until I tell her to stop. She'll also lick the sheets a leave a big wet spot. She also doesn't know how to respect mine and my hubby's "private time." She thinks that we have to throw her ball while we're trying to have our "quality time" together.

Payton: COUNTER SURFING I cannot empasize this one enough. Counters and cats don't mix in my house. Payton doesn't care. All my counters have sticky tape on them, and even a scatmat (thank you Kuhio). But he'll just go where there's no tape of mat. I think what urkes me more than anything is that he outsmarts me.

Sammy: He sheds something aweful. That doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that he will only come and rub on my legs if I have black pants on AFTER I've taken the lint brush to them. Here he comes, all sweet, meow, head bumpy, meow, black pants are now white and orange again. He also will meow at me like a starved maniac for food, BEFORE he checks his dish. He'll act like he hasn't eaten in months, but there's food in his bowl! :rolleyes: