PDA

View Full Version : Tink...Not Again...:(

Roxyluvsme13
10-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Yeah...since urgent advice is needed heres the link to Tink's latest problem :(
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1306117#post1306117

Dot
10-29-2005, 09:54 AM
For such a tiny dog who has already had health problems in her short life, I would not hesitate one minute to get her to the vet's. Whatever is causing the bleeding, early diagnosis could be critical to a successful outcome! Preventing dehydration is good, but is not going to treat bleeding.

Be sure to take a good stool sample with you when you go to the vet's.

Roxyluvsme13
10-29-2005, 10:01 AM
The problem is we can't go to the vet!!! My mom doesnt get her paycheck till Friday, and at the moment, we cant afford another $200 vet bill....

Jessika
10-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Most vets if you ask will allow you to post date a check. That way she can still receive treatment without paying right away. :)

Roxyluvsme13
10-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Most vets if you ask will allow you to post date a check. That way she can still receive treatment without paying right away. :)
We dont have checks, and they wont let us pay later. :(

Jessika
10-29-2005, 10:59 AM
You don't have checks?? I suggest your mom request some because if you have a bank account you SHOULD get personal checks as well...

Well I suggest you work something out with your vet then. I'm sure they've dealt with this type of thing before. They should help a sick animal no matter what and this is just me but if my pups were ill or hurt I don't care if I had teh money right then to take them to the vet but I would do it regardless and worry about money later. NOW I'm not saying you should do that but you should REALLY look into other options as far as vets go if your current one won't even accept payments or postdated checks, especially considering how many times you've been there in the past month

Roxyluvsme13
10-29-2005, 11:02 AM
We dont have a bank account, they wont let my mom get one, the only one we have is mine for my college money, so yeah...Its only a small amount of blood, and at least we can rule out Parvo...and its kinda bright...

Kfamr
10-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Poor Tink. :(

CathyBogart
10-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Talk to another vet, most of them will be willing to work something out.

Roxyluvsme13
10-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Talk to another vet, most of them will be willing to work something out.
We only have 2 vets near us, and the other one is more expensive than this one, and we had a bad experience with them. They arent friendly at all...thats why we switched to this vet. Maybe we should call them though...

Jessika
10-29-2005, 11:10 AM
We dont have a bank account, they wont let my mom get one, the only one we have is mine for my college money, so yeah...Its only a small amount of blood, and at least we can rule out Parvo...and its kinda bright...

...how do they NOT let you have a bank account?? Then find another bank. Banks don't do background or credit checks for just the basic basic account. As long as you make an initial deposit when you sign up they really don't care. ANYone can get a bank account! :(

Anyway maybe I'm just used to living in an area with 203498029384 vet clinics (even here in the "country" there are like 5 in my area) but even if you have to drive a little bit I would look into other vets that maybe able to help you out.

Roxyluvsme13
10-29-2005, 11:13 AM
...how do they NOT let you have a bank account?? Then find another bank. Banks don't do background or credit checks for just the basic basic account. As long as you make an initial deposit when you sign up they really don't care. ANYone can get a bank account! :(

Anyway maybe I'm just used to living in an area with 203498029384 vet clinics (even here in the "country" there are like 5 in my area) but even if you have to drive a little bit I would look into other vets that maybe able to help you out.
IDK..but we dont want a bank account and its not going to do any good now!!! we dont have enough money to put in the account...

Jessika
10-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Just saying in the future it MAY be able to help you out since a lot of clinics accept post-dated checks as form of payment so if something like this were to happen again in the future to you guys and you didn't have the money right then and there you wouldn't worry about not getting her treatment because you could just post-date a check.

If I didn't have that option I swear Charlie NEVER would have been able to go to the vet :(

Roxyluvsme13
10-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Just saying in the future it MAY be able to help you out since a lot of clinics accept post-dated checks as form of payment so if something like this were to happen again in the future to you guys and you didn't have the money right then and there you wouldn't worry about not getting her treatment because you could just post-date a check.

If I didn't have that option I swear Charlie NEVER would have been able to go to the vet :(
yeah....ill talk to my mom about it :(