PDA

View Full Version : how does this happen!?

sammy101
10-28-2005, 08:36 PM
:eek: :eek:

Cat Found Built Into Wall Of New House

Rescued Animal Taken To Vet Hospital

UPDATED: 11:30 am CDT October 27, 2005

LOUISBURG, Kan. -- The saying, "If these walls could talk" took on new meaning in Louisburg this week. There, the walls of one house were practically screaming.

A cat was accidentally built into the walls of a new house in Kansas.

"I thought I heard something earlier that morning," a construction worker said.

The homeowner and workers heard the cat making noises.

"We started banging on the walls and bathtub, and (the cat) started again," said homeowner Emily Vano. "Our voices probably triggered him to say, 'I'm here, I'm here!'"

The builder estimated the cat had been stuck in the walls at least three weeks.

"The contractor figured out he was just under the tub and got dry walled in," Vano said.

Workers tore a hole in the wall, made some cat calls, and the scared, tired and thirsty animal crawled out.

"Poor little thing. So sorry we built you into the house," Vano said.

Vano took the cat to a veterinary hospital, where he's being called Hal, because he was found just before Halloween. The homeowner hopes the cat's owner will come forward.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.click2houston.com/family/5187316/detail.html

Lady's Human
10-28-2005, 08:44 PM
After spending a lot of time and energy to get a cat (Pippen, AKA big and stupid) out of our house when we were moving, I understand completely how this can happen. Pippen found his way under the floorboards, and was determined not to leave. It took my Dad and Father in law two weeks to coax him out of where he was and get him out of the house. They finally had to resort to a havahart trap baited with fish.

JenBKR
10-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Poor kitty! :eek: I can understand how it can happen too, they can get into tiny spots and hide really well. I wonder if they found the owner yet. Poor little thing!

finn's mom
10-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Poor thing, that's cool that they rescued him...!

.sarah
10-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh my gosh! That's crazy! Poor thing :(

Van10
11-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Poor baby! :eek: It's a good thing they got him out in time.