PDA

View Full Version : Is your pet afraid of people in costumes?

ramanth
10-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Is your pet afraid of people in costumes?

Kia isn't fazed at all by mine and Andy's costumes. She'll even tolerate wearing a few herself. :)

Zam could care less. Logan, he's usually hiding anyway if anyone visits, so I'm not sure about him.

Jessika
10-28-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure really. This will be Jamie AND Charlie's first Halloween with us. I can't see Jamie being afraid but Charlie is skittish around people in general, costume or not. :)

k9krazee
10-28-2005, 02:29 PM
If the costume doesn't include a scary mask or a funny hat their usually okay. Once somebody's face is tampered with the Hoodlums get mighty upset and terrified. It doesn't help that my brothers know this and will put on scary masks and chase them around the house :rolleyes: Shadow hates it when normal people put on baseball hats lol.

This will be Jack's first Halloween so we're not sure...

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh gosh, Blaze is SO TERRIFIED of trick-or-treaters, I couldn't express it enough!! he won't come to the door on Halloween, and if he's outside, he barks his head off in fright!:( ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-29-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't actually know, I've only ever had 1 trick-or-treater at my house though I've lived her for 5 years. We only have a couple close neighbors and none of them have kids. We only had Bitsy, Charlie, and Buster then and I don't remember how they reacted to that one kid. That was our first year here.

I know the cats would all hide, because they do that whenever someone new comes over. Buster would run and hide too, because he is afraid of all new people. I'd guess that for Bitsy, Charlie, Nacey, and Nova it would depend on the costume. If some little girl came to the door dressed as a princess they'd all probably run over to her to be pet. However if someone came to the house dressed as Darth Vader or something they'd probably either run away or bark out of fear.

Interesting thread.

bark_some
10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
He loves to join the fun! I take him trick or treating when I bring my neice!!

.sarah
10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Mandy is terrified if someone even wears a hat! Nova doesn't give a flip lol.