PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I actually placed one!!

Glacier
10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Actually two dogs!!

A few weeks ago I got an email from a woman looking to add a couple dogs to her recreational dog team. I'm the regional contact for a couple different rescues. She wanted dogs that were already somewhat sled trained and who could adapt to living as house dogs. So I did some checking on her and I am quite sure she'd be a good adoptive owner. Made a few phone calls, got a few more from mushers looking to place dogs...there are always lots of mushers trying to get rid of puppies around here, but this girl actually wanted adults! Last week I heard of two sled dogs, females, already spayed(practically a miracle around here), four years old, have some training. A fairly well known musher was giving them away as they just weren't working out for him but he thought they'd be perfect for a rec. team. The two dogs go to their new home tomorrow! He's even delivering them!! :D :D

See I don't keep them all!!

cyber-sibes
10-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Yeah! I got a little worried till I read all the way through, I thought "Oh no! Who's gonna get shipped out? :eek: " What a relief it wasn't any of your current pack! Congratulations, what a great feeling it must be to match those two lovely dogs with the perfect situation!

caseysmom
10-27-2005, 10:26 PM
I saw the title and I thought you took first place in something....which of course you do anyway :D

finn's mom
10-27-2005, 11:14 PM
That's awesome! :)

Cinder & Smoke
10-27-2005, 11:31 PM
:D :D

Yeah ... cuz you never HAD theses two! :p

But we'll give ya credit - CONGRATS - Nice Job!!

:D

Glacier
10-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah ... cuz you never HAD theses two! :p

I have discovered that is the trick! As long as I don't foster or let them set paw in my house, I have no problem finding them a new place to live! Well, finding the right place might take awhile, but other than that!

captain
10-27-2005, 11:42 PM

OMGoodness - that comment made me laugh!!!!!
Ditto the comment from Phred!!!!!

Well done!!!!! :D

Cinder & Smoke
10-27-2005, 11:59 PM
I have discovered that is the trick!
As long as I don't foster or let them set paw in my house,
I have no problem ...

:rolleyes:

And it only took HOW MANY to figure that out????

(talk about * s l o w * learner) :p

:D :D

Oggyflute
10-28-2005, 04:22 AM
Well done mate. :D

Ginger's Mom
10-28-2005, 05:45 AM
:D Must admit this made me laugh out loud too. Congratulations Glacier, you do so much for the dogs up there.