PDA

View Full Version : Jumper the clown

wayne0214
03-24-2002, 07:15 PM
Practically every night when I go to bed, I will call out to Jumper and the others, "lets go to bed, cats". He comes running upon the bed, and instead of laying down for the night, he gets wired for "220 volts" and begins a show of antics that makes me laugh. Chasing his tail, and hind legs, doing flips, moving at lightening speed, he attacks anything that moves including my hands and feet under the covers. This "clowning" lasts for about 15 minutes every night. I don't know if he is happy that I'm in the bed or whether he is excited because of the approaching sleeptime for me and my furkids. Any ideas?

AmberLee
03-24-2002, 10:14 PM
I've no idea, but it sure sounds cute. Jumper really sounds like a little love-bug. What fun!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2002, 12:32 PM
LOL :D

I can't really help much, but Peanut does similar, only not when it's bed time. When we first come home, she's always happy to see us. If we bend down and pet her or pat her butt (my two really seem to like the butt patting), she gets all excited, and all we have to do is turn toward the bedroom and she's off like a rocket, into the bedroom and UP and the bed. She will then do similar to what you described, and we need to follow her in and play with her and pet her and tell her what a sweatheart she is, otherwise a few minutes later she'll come out by herself, all depressed and pouty. :rolleyes: I think it's because they are happy and because they know it's a time for attention.

I bet if you completely ignored Jumper the antics would soon stop, but what fun would that be? :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-25-2002, 10:39 PM
HA HA HA
Tinky does that too. She will attack EVERYTHING that moves under the covers and runs out of the room than back in and ponce on the bed. It is so funny I wonder why our furrbabies are doing this?

wayne0214
03-26-2002, 05:01 AM
It is like Tubby & Peanuts Mom says, they are obviously elated over something. But what is baffling is why going to bed is such a happy thing to them because Jumper get all the hugging and scritchies he wants during the day. When I awoke early this morning there was 6 furkids surrounding me. It made it difficult to turn over or to get up. But they are learning to understand what "get up" means, because when I say this they all begin to move and get up themselves.:D

...........wayne

sasvermont
03-26-2002, 05:12 AM
Wayne,

Jumper has you trained and programed. Seems that the cat likes to play with you on the bed. My two Abys love to play in/on the bed and when I try to make my bed, I have two furry monsters giving me all the help I can handle. They just love to play, play, play. Now that Graemer is back to his usual self, he too is playing again.

I think you may have found a common time to play with Jumper and he/she remembers it each night. Smart kitty. But aren't they all?

:cool:

wayne0214
03-26-2002, 05:56 AM
sas, you are correct in stating about making the bed up. When I did this last Saturday and the "big 4" (Jumper, Fawn, Snow Cat, and Tigress) were constantly "helping" all the way. The main problem was keeping Fawn from being covered up with the blankets as he is always in the middle of whatever I do around here, even being on the workbench outside, he doesn't appear to be fearful of power tools either!

.........wayne:)

yumyum6970
03-26-2002, 06:30 AM
YumYum does that too and she loves to play with your feet under the covers when they move..she will attack them. So they (her sister and she) aren't allowed in our bedroom while we sleep. :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

sasvermont
03-26-2002, 07:29 AM
I can't even go into the bathroom without the cats. They always follow me, no matter where I go. Sometimes its just one cat....but never no cat! I dog sat this weekend, so I had a three critters following me around all weekend. Yes, some hissing did take place!

:D

purrley
03-26-2002, 07:41 AM
:D :D Sasvermont - I can relate - I got 4 shadows myself:D :D