PDA

View Full Version : celebrating your dog's birthday?

lute
10-27-2005, 08:16 PM
do you celebrate your dog's birthday? if ya do, how? Gracie has a 1st b-day comming up in Dec. and i don't know what to do. i need some ideas. :)

Jessika
10-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Jamie's is coming up in January and I plan on having a party and inviting all her puppy friends over for cake!! :D

chocolatepuppy
10-27-2005, 08:35 PM
We celebrate both the dogs and the cats birthdays! We have cake, a special meal, treats, and presents, of course. ;)

buckner
10-27-2005, 08:39 PM
December is definitely a hard month to celebrate outdoors. You can't go to a park or go for an extremely long walk because it could be too cold.

Maybe you could just pamper her all day? Take her to the petstore, let her pick out some toys and treats, maybe something more than that? Get her a present aside from the ones she picks out. :P Take her home, celebrate by giving her one of those stupid funny looking hats and cake! Dogs love cake. Give her glamour time by dressing her up in ridiculous outfits and taking pictures so all of us can enjoy it.

I'm sad to say I haven't done anything "over the top" for Daisy on her birthday. It's usually us allowing her to do things she normally doesn't get to do, and tolerating her stealing the bed and such. She steals the bed on a regular basis, but I boot her to the foot of it. :P And giving her more love and kisses than she normally gets (which she hates, lol..). She also gets more of our dinner than she normally does.. she's such a porker.