PDA

View Full Version : Underwear Thieves!

Jessika
10-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Does anyone else have this problem?? I swear its the most frustrating (and embarassing!!) thing Jamie does!! Well I know she has a fetish with socks. Dirty, clean, it doesn't matter she'll find them from ANYWHERE and play with them.

Now she has a new fetish!! Getting into the laundry and getting out my dirty underwear!! I've had to pick them up and put them back in the laundry THREE TIMES so far today! It's so embarassing too! What if I have company over and she does this, LOL Lucky for me I'm home alone right now but you never know when she'll strike..

I tried spraying some bitter apple spray on top of the laundry to maybe make her not want to do it anymore :(

caseysmom
10-27-2005, 04:59 PM
bubba is the underwear thief in our house, I have a closing closet thing in the laundry room that keeps it under control most of the time, but by chance if he gets a hold of a pair, they get drug out for all the world to see :o

chocolatepuppy
Lacey does the same thing! :o

finn's mom
Oh, yeah, Finn loves the undies. Blech. Flip flops and panties. Those are his favorite treats. ;) I have learned (the hard way) to keep those particular items hidden especially well.

k9krazee
10-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Micki and Jack are the underwear theives of the house...sometimes Kyra. Yup, we keep them all locked up in closets (the underwear...not the dogs) but there was a time where we found crotchless panties around the house :o , or some seriously slobbered ones!

Jessika
10-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Well I have a "closet" but.. well we live in a "mother-in-law" house, so its extremely small, everything is in one room and the only other door in the house besides the front door is the bathroom door. Our "closet" door is a shower curtain :lol: I know its really lame sounding but our laundry basket is a big tupperware storage container in the closet because we don't have a washer or dryer haha so I can't really close a door to keep them out or anything :(

I'm glad to know I'm not alone, though!!

Ginger's Mom
10-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Ginger cannot resist pantyhose. She loves pantyhose!

anna_66
10-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Well I was going to say a laundry basket with a lid, but it sounds like you don't have too much room. I'd definitely make room for one if I were you, wouldn't want any "unmentionables" ending up in the living room :eek: ;)

Roxyluvsme13
10-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Wow....I never knew dogs were undie thieves!!!! :D I don't know if Tink or Roxy are, I sure hope not!

cocker_luva
10-27-2005, 09:28 PM
i had this problem only when jess was a puppy.

Jessika
10-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Well I was going to say a laundry basket with a lid, but it sounds like you don't have too much room. I'd definitely make room for one if I were you, wouldn't want any "unmentionables" ending up in the living room :eek: ;)

I was thinking of investing in one for the future, most definitely. I don't think it would be as big of a problem if we had a washer and dryer, you know? Otherwise we go once a month or so and the clothes just pile up and any "normal" sized hamper just wouldn't be big enough LOL

To give you somewhat of an idea of how big (or small) my place is here are some pics I took when I moved in six or so months ago (I know the furniture is ugly, but it came fully furnished, who can complain! And the computer is now thankfully on its own desk and not hogging up the whole table!):

view from the front door:
http://dontstay.zoto.com/img/24/57e779ce36bb2b1a93c0c4fb2f18e036-.jpg (http://dontstay.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.0.57e779ce36bb2b1a93c0c4fb2f18e036-_CAT.0/date_uploaded-desc/0-30)

The closet:
http://dontstay.zoto.com/img/24/aeda055d098b67929bc4a6cb30d13112-.jpg (http://dontstay.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.0.aeda055d098b67929bc4a6cb30d13112-_CAT.0/date_uploaded-desc/0-30)

caseysmom
10-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Just buy some pretty undies....wouldn't want my white cotton grandma panties ending up in the middle of the living room :eek:

sammy101
10-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Just buy some pretty undies....wouldn't want my white cotton grandma panties ending up in the middle of the living room :eek:

i was thinking the same thing. :p
Kodies stolen some underwear before :o

beeniesmom
10-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Hehehe!
Both of mine are major sock thieves!

Cessa's Mom
10-28-2005, 08:24 AM
LOL!!! That is way too funny!!!! I guess I should consider myself lucky.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Haha, I have that problem too. One time I had taken the hamper into the livingroom and I was sorting clothes on the floor. Justin was taking the dogs outside and Nova on her way out the door snatched a pair of my panties and ran outside :eek:. Justin ran after her and quickly got them.
Luckily she is small and can't reach the hamper, but when I'm sorting laundry- watch out!

senorita02
10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Senorita is a total sock and slipper theif!
She will take socks right off your feet, or out of the drawer or laundrey basket, but she is too cute and i let her, once in a while Face will join in, but mostly its Miss Rita...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/DSC00387.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/ritaslippers2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/facer05/sorry.jpg

She even likes to wear them LOL

Christiansmommy
10-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Harlee is the Queen of stealing underware, socks, ties, shoes, pretty much anythng but dog toys!!!! :rolleyes: She listens well, though, when I tell her to "drop it"...and will typically go get a toy of her own to play with afterwards...but I am CONSTANTLY cleaning up stray socks and any other laundry items laying ALL OVER both floors of the house. Anyway...I can TOTALLY relate!!

Oh, and tissues are taken out of the bathroom trashcans and shredded!! Time for a closed lid trashcans in the bathrooms! Silly doggies!! She is going through the terrible 2's right now, lol, at 8 months old :)

Lobodeb
10-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Maggy used to do that, too. She would pull them out of the little holes in my hamper! I had to put a piece of cardboard inside the hamper to block the little holes.

Can you get one of those pop up hampers that you can hang on the wall?

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/230/22469104104C.JPG

bark_some
10-28-2005, 10:07 AM
My work friend Jay has that problem with his 9 week old german shephard puppy. He says 'he'll get over it'. But I think it's his pup's HOBBY!

tricollie4me
10-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Bijou is a sock girl -- she has no preference for tiny toddler socks or daddy socks, she'll steal every last one she can. Unfortunately, she tends to eat them (the toddler ones, anyway) and so we have to be super careful about keeping socks out of her mouth (and belly!). My house has never been so tidy since getting Bijou!!

Jessika
10-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Oh, and tissues are taken out of the bathroom trashcans and shredded!! Time for a closed lid trashcans in the bathrooms! Silly doggies!! She is going through the terrible 2's right now, lol, at 8 months old :)

Oh gosh Jamie does that, too!! I don't think there's anything she DOESN'T do!! I can spray the top of the bathroom trashcan religiously with bitter apple spray and I know she does not like the taste but she'll shred 'em anyway!!! :(

A popup hamper might do but we'd need like five since we only make it to the laundromat once a month or so with HJ's busy schedule, and by that time a LOT of dirty clothes accumulates... lol

k9krazee
10-28-2005, 02:41 PM
I bought a tall laundry basket with a lid because my room had a closet with beads instead of a door but Micki would pull the underwear out from the holes and Jack would just open the lid. Since then I've moved into a different room with a closet door. I even forget to close it most of the times but it seems they have pretty much grown out of their underwear stealing days...thankfully.

We had to also buy trash cans with the lids becasue they're all a bunch of trash stealers...but Jack figured out how to step on the lever and open it :rolleyes:

kelli1843
10-29-2005, 11:59 AM
LOL, mine love to roll in laundry. Special fun is playing tug of war with mama's nylons or even bras. As you can see, when caught, they are picture of innocence........

Jessika
10-29-2005, 12:01 PM
LOL oh man they have quite the haul there!!