PDA

View Full Version : African Pygmy Hedgehog Diet

Blackfly
03-24-2002, 03:00 PM
My little hedgie is currently on a very healthy kitten food that was recommended by the breeder, and hes doing very well on it, but for some reason, he wont eat meal worms, which i understand is a favorite of hedgehogs, and i thought this was strange.
Am i the only one with a non insect eating insectivore :confused:

Former User
03-24-2002, 03:08 PM
He is adorable!!!!! :)
I can't answer your question though, just wanted to welcome you to Pet Talk! Enjoy! This is a great place!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-24-2002, 03:14 PM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!
I can't answer your question either. You have a cute little buddy though. I hope to see many more pictures.:)

Karen
03-24-2002, 03:16 PM
He's little - his tastes are still developing! Try again in a week or so, maybe he'll like them then!

One of our rabbit's favorite treats is a kind that someone originally gave her as a gift, and she completely ignored it. Months later we tried again, and since then, they've been a favorite!

Blackfly
03-24-2002, 03:33 PM
Thanx, i will try again, and he is adorable, isnt he :)

luckies4me
04-14-2002, 01:40 AM
Oh my goodness is he cute. He looks like my Guiness. One word of advise though. He should not be eating catfood, no matter how good of a brand it is. He needs to be fed a hedgehog diet. There are several available at pet stores. He should also be getting crickets, meal worms, wax worms and some wet cat food should be ok but only as a trat. I feed mine Science Diet Kitten food, the wet kind. Also be careful that your hedgie does not get too cold because they can go into hibernation and die. If you like more information let me know. He is a cutie!;)

weewok
04-30-2002, 08:46 AM
Cute hog! I was just wondering if you were giving your hog large or small mealworms. My hedgie, Elliot, only eats smaller mealworms, not the large ones. They wiggle and scare him.

sasvermont
04-30-2002, 08:58 AM
Oh my what a sweet little face. The diet sounds out of my league, but the face is something I could look at forever! Welcome to Pet Talk!

:)