PDA

View Full Version : Keegan is feeling better!

shais_mom
10-27-2005, 01:36 PM
I thank God for the acupuncture treatments and the chiropractic adjustments. She is feeling so much better. Her limp that she has now is really from the Hip Dysplasia she was diagnosed with last Spring. She is responding well to a therapy of Wobenzym enzyme, glucosamaine, asprin or durlactin for pain relief and coconut oil - all ok'ed by the vet of course.
Some of the pics are blurry b/c she was moving so fast - she was so excited to be playing with her tennis balls.
She isn't 100% b/c of the HD - she won't ever be again. She is slow to get up sometimes. But I am just so thankful of having my happy girl back. :)

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9Qas2bFs1b3Y

Cinder & Smoke
10-27-2005, 01:53 PM
:D

Looks like the Big Red ZOooomie Dawg is Back in Action!!

Tennie Balls - beware!

Ginger's Mom
10-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Glad to hear that Keegan is feeling better and to see her looking so happy. I know she is glad to have her tennis balls back. :)

anna_66
10-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Staci, this is the best news ever! I bet your girlie girl is so happy to be able to run around and chase her most favorite thing...tennis balls:D
Hugs to you big red!

Logan
10-27-2005, 04:04 PM
I loved seeing your pictures, Staci!!! And I am so glad that Keegan is better. That is the BEST news in a long time!!!! :D

Jamieejo85
10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Aww I am so glad to hear that Keegan is feeling better! Off to check out the pics now........................ :D

luvofallhorses
10-27-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm SO glad she's doing better, Staci! :) What a relief that must be! :D Hugs to you sweet Keegan! :)

poofy
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
that is wonderful news so glad she is responding to treatmen and doing good.. :D

shais_mom
10-27-2005, 11:55 PM
bump
:)

popcornbird
10-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Glad to see Keegan feeling happy and so much better! :D

RobiLee
10-28-2005, 04:39 AM
This is wonderful news, Staci. I'm so glad that Keegan is feeling better. I loved the pictures and Keegan looks so pretty with all the colorful leaves around her. Give her a big hug from me!

ramanth
10-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Great news! You get those balls Keegan! :D

tricollie4me
10-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Aw, so glad she's feeling stronger and happier! Love that cute pink nose (smooooch)!

jazzcat
10-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm so glad she is feeling better. Great pictures too! She looks so pretty and happy in the leaves.

lizbud
10-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm so happy that Keegan is feeling so much better. She looks so happy
now that she's active again. :)

wolflady
10-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Awww! I'm so glad that Keegan is feeling better! She certainly looks like a very happy dog! She's gorgeous!

**hugs**

cyber-sibes
10-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Star & Sherman say "whopee! We're gonna chase you around at the next pic-nic!" Glad to hear she's feeling better.

pitc9
10-28-2005, 02:43 PM
I love this picture... like she's saying "A girl can never have to many tennis balls!!"
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b5ce06b3127cce985494a9adb100000017109Qas2bFs1g

KYS
10-28-2005, 08:19 PM
I am so happy for you.
Great news.
((HUGS))

shais_mom
10-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Yup Keegan is doing MUCH better then I am right now.
I got a stress fracture in my foot about 3 weeks ago and have been dealing with it since then - well today I refractured it and now am off work for at least 4 days. Its gonna be a long weekend. :(

RobiLee
10-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Well that really sucks, Staci. I guess the only thing to do is try to relax and enjoy the time off. I hope your foot heals up ok.

Cinder & Smoke
10-29-2005, 12:01 AM
I got a stress fracture in my foot ...
well, today I refractured it and
now am off work for at least 4 days.
Its gonna be a long weekend. :(

:eek:
OMG! - OUWCHIE!! :(

Sorrie, but it's fur your Own Good ...

OK Keegan ... round up ALL of Mom's Toys an put em up an outta sight!
An make sure she tucks up that bad foot when she's movin around ...
jest use the good (OMG!) ONE! :p

Did you bring home a set of Crutches??
It's supposed to be "almost nice" outside this weekend ...
With a set of "sticks", you could both go out an
limp around together. :cool:

Sure hope you heal up Quick!!

BIG {{{HUGS}}}! ;)

Ginger's Mom
10-29-2005, 06:00 AM
OK Keegan ... round up ALL of Mom's Toys an put em up an outta sight!
LOL. Oh Keegan, revenge is sweet, isn't it?
Sorry you broke your foot, Staci, I hope it heals quickly and properly.

ChrisH
10-29-2005, 09:34 AM
So glad to hear Keegan is feeling so much better. :D The album pictures are great, loved looking through it and seeing your beautiful girl having so much fun. :D

Sorry to hear about your foot :( hope it heals real fast.

Chris

Cincy'sMom
10-29-2005, 10:54 AM
So good to hear Keegan is feeling better!! She looks so happy!

Sorry to hear about your foot :( Take it easy this weekend!

Albea
10-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Staci, it's great to read that Keegan is responding so well to the acupuncture. Please give her a big hug from me.
I hope that Carina's treatments will also start to show some signs of improvement; she only had one so far.

shais_mom
10-29-2005, 06:48 PM
My parents just performed a Rescue mission.
Rescuing Keegan from ME!
She won't come back when called and was galavanting around the neighborhood and THEN Kloe escaped and Joined her. :mad:
They just seem to know when you are out of commision don't they?
ggrrr
So Keeg is on her way to my parents house and the cats are both safely in here with me for the duration.
I will miss her but I was just soooo frustrated with her - I guess that makes me a bad mom but that makes me a bad mom with a fractured foot! :(

Cinder & Smoke
10-31-2005, 10:35 PM
Sooo ... How's MOM's footsie doing??

How did you make out at the Foot Doc's place today?

Hope you DON'T go back to work till the Foot Is Ready -
unless they'll give you a desk job for a while. :p

Feel Better Soon!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

{{{Hugs}}}

shais_mom
10-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Desk Job! in my dept!?
HA!!!
The doc released me to go back tomorrow. If the pain is too great I will have to call him and either see him again or go from there.
I have a big ol' Klunky boot on aka - bledsoe boot. The bottom is like a rocker and hard to get used to. I have to have a pair of high soled/heeled shoes or I act like my leg is 4 inches shorter. I have to wear this for 4 weeks maybe 6.
I went and picked up Keegan and she is snoozing quietly.
I think Kloe is happy to have her home - Mom's boring! ;)

jesse_3
10-31-2005, 11:34 PM
I am so glad that Keegan is doing better! Now for you, that must really suck! I'm so sorry to hear that(((((HUGS))))) Get better soon!

Steph and the gang-we're all wishing you well!

Cinder & Smoke
10-31-2005, 11:34 PM
I went and picked up Keegan and she is snoozing quietly.
I think Kloe is happy to have her home - Mom's boring! ;)

Snoozing Quietly??

:p

She's plotting her next NawTee Dawg Caper!

Back to GranPaw's or Bust!

Corinna
10-31-2005, 11:47 PM
You have no Idea how it made my heart fly to see and hear this great report. Maybe mom should try some of keegs meds?
Keep getting better you too.

K9karen
11-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Were you trying to steal Keegan's thunder, girl? Seriously, I hope you heal quickly. That shoe is soooo attractive! :rolleyes:
Keegan looks as gorgeous as ever! What a face! What a smile! What big teeth! I'll bet she's thrilled to be rolling around in smelly leaves and chasing her "tennies"! Cody had HD forever and it rarely stopped him from doing anything. He'd rest when he needed to, then it was back to usual! (He loved his nightly hip/back massages!) Huge Hugs to both of you!

Cinder & Smoke
11-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I have a big ol' Klunky boot on aka - bledsoe boot.

The bottom is like a rocker and hard to get used to.
I have to have a pair of high soled/heeled shoes
or I act like my leg is 4 inches shorter.
I have to wear this for 4 weeks maybe 6.

:eek:

Is THIS the contraption you're wearing?? >>>
http://www.bledsoebrace.com/products/lotop.asp

Otta tie some BELLS on that to *WARN* the FurKids that BigFoot
is commin and to clear a path!!

Daisy and Delilah
11-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Glad to hear Keegan is feeling better Staci but not glad to hear that you have a stress fracture. I've had three of them to date and they're no fun. I missed alot of work because of them too. I hope you can stay off of it as much as possible. That's the only cure I think. Get well and take care. (((HUGS))) I'll keep you and Keegan in my thoughts and prayers. :)

anna_66
11-01-2005, 09:24 AM
What? Your hurt now? My goodness Staci, just had to be in the spotlight too didn't you ;) :p
How on earth did you get hurt? Must be a real pain in the rear wearing that lovely boot. Hope your back feeling better soon.

shais_mom
11-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Yepper That's the boot I am displaying.
well of Course I had to make everyone know that Keegan was feeling so good she wouldn't come back to Mom!