PDA

View Full Version : Cat found in the walls of a new home

beeniesmom
10-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Cat Found Built Into Wall Of New House
Rescued Animal Taken To Vet Hospital

UPDATED: 8:25 am EDT October 27, 2005

LOUISBURG, Kan. -- The saying, "If these walls could talk" took on new meaning in Louisburg this week. There, the walls of one house were practically screaming.

A cat was accidentally built into the walls of a new house in Kansas.

"I thought I heard something earlier that morning," a construction worker said.

The homeowner and workers heard the cat making noises.

"We started banging on the walls and bathtub, and (the cat) started again," said homeowner Emily Vano. "Our voices probably triggered him to say, 'I'm here, I'm here!'"

The builder estimated the cat had been stuck in the walls at least three weeks.

"The contractor figured out he was just under the tub and got dry walled in," Vano said.

Workers tore a hole in the wall, made some cat calls, and the scared, tired and thirsty animal crawled out.

"Poor little thing. So sorry we built you into the house," Vano said.

Vano took the cat to a veterinary hospital, where he's being called Hal, because he was found just before Halloween. The homeowner hopes the cat's owner will come forward.

lvpets2002
10-27-2005, 11:01 AM
:( Oh how so sad this baby got stuck in the walls for three weeks; but so glad :) that the workers cared enough to get the kitty out & to a vet.. :o

catnapper
10-27-2005, 11:03 AM
What an amazing story. Poor little guy.

krazyaboutkatz
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear that this happened :( but I'm so glad that the cat was rescued in time. :)

catmandu
10-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Thats how the SPCA got started in England,when workers wouldnt take the time to let a trappred Cat,out in a similar situation.
A Minister was passing by,and he was so angered,that he set the wheels in motion,to start that Society.
I pray that Hal is well,and will soon have a Furr Ever Home.

Soapets
10-27-2005, 06:33 PM
What a terrifying thing for that cat to have gone through. I am glad they found him and got him to a Vet., and that he is now being properly cared for.....

Deb

momcat
10-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Poor little Hal! Three weeks is a long time for him to be stuck like that and probably scared out of his mind! Glad to know Hal was taken to a vet once he got out. Sounds like he just might be a stray. I hope he does well and finds a great furever home very soon.