PDA

View Full Version : More PT Prayers Needed

Samantha Puppy
10-27-2005, 08:42 AM
This time for my husband. He has a job interview set up for this afternoon. He is happy where he is, but his boss just doesn't appreciate him and therefor he isn't making anywhere near what he should be (he's a mid-level computer programmer and he's only making 52K which is what entry-level programmers make elsewhere). We're getting close to Nug's arrival and on that salary combined with mine, there is no way that I could stay home with the baby - which has been my lifelong dream to do. If he gets a job with the company he's interviewing with today, he will be making about 13-15K more than he currently is which means we'd definitely be able to get by with me working one or two nights a week and a few hours on the weekend... so while I'd still have to work it wouldn't be fulltime and we wouldn't need daycare.

So please! Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers today. We really *really* need this. If the guys today pass him up, he has no choice but to go to his current boss and ask for a huge raise. The money is there, but we're afraid his current boss would either flat-out say no OR agree to give him a huge raise *if* he "sells his soul" to him, meaning the boss would expect him to work 60-70 hours a week... and with a new baby in the house and us adjusting to a whole new family unit, that just wouldn't work. And, well, if the boss just said no, we're screwed - I'd have to work but daycare would basically negate my salary (except for a few thousand) and I'd be absolutely miserable putting my child into daycare...

I really hope this interview works out and Josh gets the new job. Please pray for us!!

Pawsitive Thinking
10-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Josh - you have the "power" of PT behind you! Good luck

JenBKR
10-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Prayers and good thoughts coming your way! Let us know how it goes :)

Felix
10-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you.Good luck!! Keep us updated.

finn's mom
10-27-2005, 10:26 AM
I'll be sending tons of good thoughts his way! Good luck to Josh! I hope he gets this new job!

catnapper
10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Oooodles of prayers coming his way! Good luck!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Praying REALLY hard that the interview will go well, and you will be able to stay at home with Nug - that would be awesome!! (((HUGS)))

krazyaboutkatz
10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Lots of prayers are being sent. I hope that everything will work out. Please keep us updated.

Daisy and Delilah
10-27-2005, 02:31 PM
My thoughts and prayers are coming to you Jaime. Good luck Josh!!! I hope you get the job and all of both of your dreams come true :)

Anita Cholaine
10-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Good luck Josh! My thoughts and prayers are with you... I really hope you get the job, and everything finally works out for both of you and the baby... Please, keep us updated.

Samantha Puppy
10-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Well, Josh just called to say he's on his way home. The interview was at 5 and he didn't call until 6:15... so I'm hoping that they called him in on time and that they really liked what they heard so that the interview was the full 75 minutes. He said it went well and since he's not much of a phone talker, I thanked him for calling and told him I'd like to hear more about it when he gets home.

So keep your fingers crossed! I don't know if they already told him they would/wouldn't like to hire him or if we'll have to wait... but pray for good news!! It won't be the end of the world if he DOESN'T get it - he does like his current job - he just does not want to have to speak to his current boss. He's very generous with some things and very very tight with others - including salaries. So it'd be a crap shoot.

I'll keep you all posted.

finn's mom
10-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Awesome, that sounds promising. I'm having a hard time typing cuz I crossed my fingers as soon as I read your message. ;)

Samantha Puppy
10-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Well, things are looking good! They didn't offer Josh a position tonight but they did basically say that they would be hiring him within the next 4-6 weeks. Josh was really impressed with the company, sees much more possibility for advancement, and was interested in learning the different things he'll need to for future projects (since graduating from Virginia Tech, he's felt like he's hit a plateau and hasn't learned anything/much new, which has driven him nuts). He also said that the people he met with were very impressed with him! :) So it all looks good and while it may not be immediate, it definitely looks about 95% definite he'll be switching jobs. :)

Keep those prayers coming and I'll keep you posted!!!

finn's mom
10-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Very cool! I hope it comes through for Josh!

Oggyflute
10-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Best thoughts and wishes for Josh. I just know that his will be a new and better road to go on for you all. :)