Hey! I have a few tips on cool cat toys:

1: A small or large glitter ball [My cat loves 'em!]

2: A string with a catnip mouse on it

3: A palm from Palm Sunday

Hope you can go far with these toys!
Jme3 ;)

Former User
03-24-2002, 12:36 PM
Hey, and welcome to Pet Talk! Nice ideas! Our cats go even for a string without catnip mouse... they can have so much fun with a piece of string:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-24-2002, 12:45 PM
Crumpled up paper balls are a big hit at my house (next to stolen grapes that is).

WELCOME TO PET TALK Jme3. Hope you love it as much as I do.:)

LoudLou
03-24-2002, 01:12 PM
WELCOME TO PET TALK ! Thanlks for the cool ideas... our Meezers love crumpled up paper balls.... they play with those a lot since their brother Louie has the very BAD habit of stealing all their toys.:rolleyes:

yumyum6970
03-26-2002, 06:33 AM
EEEWWW we tried the crumpled up paper last night and well yum yum loved it but she liked to bite at it and eat it.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Ila
03-27-2002, 07:51 AM
Welcome to Pettalk!! This a a great site. Hope you will like it . Great toy ideas. You will learn a lot about other pet toys here I am sure of that.

Harley
03-28-2002, 06:54 PM
My big boy Bo especially gets excited about raw, whole green beans. They're very cheap - just a few cents for 4 or 5 beans. Of course, you'll get a few odd looks from the grocery clerk...:confused:

David_M
03-29-2002, 01:51 PM
I'm going to try the glitter ball. It may work for the new kitten we're getting. Btw: The string can work without the catnip mouse, but that is a good idea.

Osker-boy
03-29-2002, 02:14 PM
TRY THIS IDEA This worked for me you need

a piece of string [not to long]

a slinky [a small one like you get in those 50 cent machines at Publix]

a bell with a hole at the top

tye one end of the string to the slinky and the other to the bell or a catnip toy. hold the end of the slinky and when the cat goes for the bell or the toy jerk your hand up and the thing at the bottom will go up and then down like a bouncing sort of way. My cat loves it

04-14-2002, 07:19 AM
casper and Kitty 's mommy told me that her cats love to play with a doggy rope . I bought one in bright colours ; BUT ... Sydney had ONE look at it and continued to play soccer with his mice collection !!! So Niina , there 's another toy here for your sweeties !!!!;)

Former User
04-14-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by lut
casper and Kitty 's mommy told me that her cats love to play with a doggy rope . I bought one in bright colours ; BUT ... Sydney had ONE look at it and continued to play soccer with his mice collection !!! So Niina , there 's another toy here for your sweeties !!!!;)

Thanx, but better leave it for Sydney, he will eventually start playing with it. Casper and Kitty didn't even have a look when we gave that rope toy for them, but now they love it and have got 2 of them! They don't play with them all the time, they have occasional attacks when they just try to get all the ropes out of it, and sometimes, they don't pay any attention to the toy. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2002, 12:01 PM
Plastic caps off soda bottles and spools, without the thread of course, are also a big hit with my boys. Chester loves bottle caps best and bats them everywhere. :)

Nomilynn
04-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Another thing that really works well is a rolled up ball of tin foil. That might help with for YumYum.. it won't get all soggy that way. As long as it's not too tight and they can still pick it up with their teeth - it seems to have a bouncy quality and it works really well! :D

Logan
04-15-2002, 11:55 AM
The ring off of the milk jug is a big hit with Butter. He loves it when we open a new jug of milk! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2002, 02:46 PM
How 'bout a plain old rubberband? Peanut just loves them. She'll pick it up in her mouth, then throw it up in the air and bat it around for a little bit, then pick it up and throw it up in the air again. I guess I don't give her enough of them because Terry had never seen her do this until the other day. He was mesmerized watching her, and awed that she picked it up and threw it to entertain herself.

Gee, one measly little rubberband kept them both entertained and quiet for awhile. :D

Nomilynn
04-20-2002, 12:17 AM
Be careful with rubber bands.. Bassett LOVES to eat them! Every time she sees one, she gets this sneaky look on her face, and very... very... VERY.. slowly creeps up to the band.. (hoping I won't see her of course) and then SNATCH! It's gone.. literally.. until she gets rid of it in the litter box. She has eaten at LEAST five that I KNOW of.. what a goof! :rolleyes:

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-20-2002, 12:23 AM
Tinky loves a balled up pair of socks........ she pounces on them and carries them around in her mouth like they are her prey...... She looks so cute when she carries around a thick pair that is bigger than her I'll have to get a pic......... ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-22-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Be careful with rubber bands.. Bassett LOVES to eat them! Every time she sees one, she gets this sneaky look on her face, and very... very... VERY.. slowly creeps up to the band.. (hoping I won't see her of course) and then SNATCH! It's gone.. literally.. until she gets rid of it in the litter box. She has eaten at LEAST five that I KNOW of.. what a goof! :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek:

I never even considered this. Normally she will eventually get bored and leave it lay, but I'll make sure and put it away next time when she's done with it instead of leaving it lay in the hopes she'll find it again and start playing again.....never happens. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning!

maxx's mom
04-25-2002, 12:07 AM
Q-tips and pipe cleaners are a big hit at our house!:)