PDA

View Full Version : New record for worlds tallest dog

sammy101
10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
I just watched on CNN that there is a new world record for the worlds tallest dog. The dog is a harlequin Great Dane,and when he stands on his back legs, he's over 7 feet tall :eek: :eek: Big boy! I'm looking for the story right now.
Edit- K i found the story

Gibson (http://www.kxtv.com/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=13874)

A Grass Valley dog named Gibson is the "Greatest Dane" of them all.

The three-year-old Harlequin Great Dane claims the distinction of being the tallest dog in the world. A crew from the Guinness Book of World Records came from London for a photo shoot with Gibson, who'll be included in the next edition.

"Gibson has been a record holder for some time now," explained Guinness media coordinator Betty Halvagi. "What we do is every year look at the book and see what kind of interesting records and record holders we can photograph."

Gibson stands over 7 feet tall when upright, but the official measurement is taken from paw to shoulder. The dog measured 42.6 inches in the summer of 2004 when the world record was certified, but his owner said he's still growing. "I've had Danes since 1981," said Sandy Hall. "I've never seen anything like this."

Hall calls Gibson "a gift," and enjoys sharing her dog with others. He's made several national television appearances, including NBC's "The Tonight Show" and CNN's "Larry King Live."

Gibson is also a certified therapy dog that visits hospitals and nursing homes around Northern California.

"Personally, I think it's his size that's the attraction," said Hall. "But after you get to meet Gibson it's his spirit that overtakes you."

Ginger's Mom
10-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Wow! :eek:

Toby's my baby
10-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Wow, he is huge, not sure if I could survive a hug from him!