PDA

View Full Version : getting another foster dog(husky)

lute
10-26-2005, 04:49 PM
i was at work last night and my friend was talking about how she just had a couple weeks left to find her husky a home or her dad was going to shoot it. she has to get rid of the dog because he keeps killing her mom's chickens. i was upset to hear that this husky's life was in danger so i went to see this dog......i should have known better. :rolleyes:

his name is Kodie and he's comming to live TEMPORARILY at my house as soon as trudy goes to her new home. i would hate to see him die. he's had such a hard life already :(

he's black and white with one blue eye and one brown eye. the tips of his ears have been chewed off by flies. :( he's kinda skinny, but only needs some good food. he's been chained up in their backyard for all 5 years of his life. never been on a leash. his color is way too small on him. he's got the cutest little freckles on his nose. he's gonna be a challenge, but we'll get him adoptable and into a forever home as soon as we can. i'll post pics as soon as he gets to my house.

Flatcoatluver
10-26-2005, 04:51 PM
aww what a sad story!! atleast he is going into your arms, his story is heart breaking

luvofallhorses
10-26-2005, 05:11 PM
poor guy! :( I can't imagine how someone could shoot a dog! :mad: I am glad he's going to be in your hands soon.

cyber-sibes
10-26-2005, 05:32 PM
i am so glad to hear you're going to take him in and work with him! This is sad, way too many huskies get tied up and ignored, but then to threaten to shoot him because he acts like...a husky? :eek: Looking forward to seeing pictures of Kodie.

sammy101
10-26-2005, 05:44 PM
aw thats sad :( poor guy. thankyou for saving another deserving dog!Cant wait for pictures

Ginger's Mom
10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
That really is so sad. I think it is great that you can take in these needy dogs and assist making them adoptable to suitable families.

lute
10-26-2005, 07:20 PM
That really is so sad. I think it is great that you can take in these needy dogs and assist making them adoptable to suitable families.

thanks. i really hope i'm making a differance.

anna_66
10-26-2005, 07:56 PM
How terribly sad that they were going to shoot him:(

I'm so glad that your there to take him in and give him a shot at a good life:D
I'll be looking forward to seeing some pictures of Kodie.

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Aww what a sad story :( Glad you are going to make the dog adoptable! :)

Toby's my baby
10-26-2005, 08:26 PM
That is so sad! I am glad he is going to be in safe hands soon!

bckrazy
10-27-2005, 01:21 AM
:( That poor Husky boy. If I lived closer, I'd adopt him in a second. It's amazing how ignorant people can be!! My question is, how was he killing chickens while he was chained up? Were they dumb enough to leave roaming chickens around a Husky?

Good for you for taking him in!! That is awesome, hopefully you won't fail fostering 101 ;) hehe

lv4dogs
10-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Kudos to you!!
Why don't people research the breed more?? :mad:
A husky+free roaming chickens=death.

Sounds like he's gonna need some vet care. I wish you the best of luck. Hope he finds a loving forever home!

pitc9
10-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Ohhhh Black & White AND Bi-Eyed..... {heart melts}
Good for you!! I hope he fattens up quickly and his ears heal up... poor boy!!

lute
10-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Why don't people research the breed more??
i ask myself this all the time! people see them as cute little puppies and don't think twice about what they will be like when they grow up.

Were they dumb enough to leave roaming chickens around a Husky?
yup! the chickens were just running around by where they have him chained up. they don't have enough common sence to fence in the chickens.

hopefully you won't fail fostering 101 hehe
i've fostered dogs before, but never a husky. i've told my parents to make sure i don't get too attatched. :D