PDA

View Full Version : Guess What We got Today!

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 02:47 PM
We got...Tinks papers!!! :D Yay! Her full registered name is Tinkerbell PixieDust Phillips, and her parents were Telford's Whoppie(Dam) Telford's Parti Buddy(Sire) I think we will also send for the microchip and we are getting the registration with pedigree. Maybe a Pom book, too...Just though I would share! She's my first dog with papers, and I'm excited!

beeniesmom
10-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Congratulations. Very cute name.... sounds fluffy! Like her ;)

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Congratulations. Very cute name.... sounds fluffy! Like her ;)
Lol Thanks I was thinking along the lines of the Disney Character Tinkerbell, because Tink was named after her. So I saw this pic that said just a little Pixie Dust, and I came up with this adorable name! Actually...I spelled it wrong..I have to get in the habit of adding the E at the end...Its ACTUALLY Tinkerbelle PixieDust Phillips :)

CagneyDog
10-26-2005, 03:04 PM
I thought she was from a puppy mill?

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:05 PM
I thought she was from a puppy mill?
She Was...Puppy mills give papers, too...

lv4dogs
10-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Congrats! What a cute name!
I have a Tinkerbelle shirt, now I'll be thinking of lil' Tink everytime I wear it. ;)

Flatcoatluver
10-26-2005, 03:09 PM
very cute name! congrats

Jessika
10-26-2005, 03:09 PM
So did you actually REGISTER her to the AKC or you just got her papers?? Because I have papers for both Jamie and Charlie but I don't see the point in registering either one of them since I won't be breeding them or showing them for conformity. I MAY show Jamie in agility but otherwise if you just have them as pets theres no real reason to register. Its just a waste of money almost lol

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
So did you actually REGISTER her to the AKC or you just got her papers?? Because I have papers for both Jamie and Charlie but I don't see the point in registering either one of them since I won't be breeding them or showing them for conformity. I MAY show Jamie in agility but otherwise if you just have them as pets theres no real reason to register. Its just a waste of money almost lol
We paid $500 for Tink..Do you think we ARENT going to register her? Lol Well, I know if you show a dog, they can't be spayed...Right? Anyways shes not registered with AKC shes registered with CKC (Continental Kennel Club)

CagneyDog
10-26-2005, 03:14 PM
We paid $500 for Tink..Do you think we ARENT going to register her?

Why would you register her? She is a puppy mill dog! How could you show her etc?

Why did you knowinly get your dog from a mill?

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Congrats! What a cute name!
I have a Tinkerbelle shirt, now I'll be thinking of lil' Tink everytime I wear it. ;)
Awww :) I have Tinkerbelle Pj bottoms, a Tinkerbell towel, a Tinkerbell shirt, A Tinkerbell poster...All in the spirit of my dog!

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Why would you register her? She is a puppy mill dog! How could you show her etc?

Why did you knowinly get your dog from a mill?
Well from what we think she may not be a puppy mill dog. But still its the owners fault that Tink has health probs, and stuff. Its the breeders fault, too that Tink was home wormed, and had her first shots not from a vet! ok Anyways...Tink is a purebred...and We just want her registered. No we arent going to show or breed her or anything, but We still want her registered. Oh the lady we got her from was selling the puppies for the breeder. She didnt breed them...Make any sense?

CagneyDog
10-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Make any sense?

Nope.

lv4dogs
10-26-2005, 03:22 PM
I would strongly advise that you don't show her in conformation & the sorts (I'm not even sure if you show a dog in conformation with CKC papers).
BUT you certainly can show her in obedience, agility, etc.... Go for it girl!!
I'm glad you got her registered, then you have titles in front of her show name when she wins the obedience matches!
AND you CAN spay her!!! :D :D :D :D You aren't allowed to show a dog in heat anyways and if you're not breeding her (which you shouldn't) than get her spayed!!!

Jessika
10-26-2005, 03:23 PM
We paid $500 for Tink..Do you think we ARENT going to register her? Lol Well, I know if you show a dog, they can't be spayed...Right? Anyways shes not registered with AKC shes registered with CKC (Continental Kennel Club)

How much you paid means absolutely nothing when it comes to registering your animals. Unless you're going to show her for conformity, agility, or anything of the likes, or you will be breeding her, there is really NO POINT in registering her. IT's just a waste of your money, really! Unless you just want to do it for the "status", which is lame. You should love your pet whether its registered or not (I'm not saying you love her any less, just throwing that out there as a generality).

Oh and you CAN NOT show a neutered male for conformity, not sure about spayed females, but you CAN show fixed males and females in other things such as agility in most cases. :)

And the CKC isn't even a "real" registry as they accept ANY breeds, whether they're accepted or not, and they even accept mixies such as labradoodles, if I remember correctly!

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
I would strongly advise that you don't show her in conformation & the sorts (I'm not even sure if you show a dog in conformation with CKC papers).
BUT you certainly can show her in obedience, agility, etc.... Go for it girl!!
I'm glad you got her registered, then you have titles in front of her show name when she wins the obedience matches!
AND you CAN spay her!!! :D :D :D :D You aren't allowed to show a dog in heat anyways and if you're not breeding her (which you shouldn't) than get her spayed!!!
Well...maybe agility, but I really don't have the time to train her for that...So we were thinking more along the lines of therapy dog. She's perfect for it :D...Jessika We aren't doing this for the status...I know you were just saying that :) (I could care less if shes registered I would love her just as much either way I can't believe people just register for the status :rolleyes: )

Jessika
10-26-2005, 03:29 PM
(I could care less if shes registered I would love her just as much either way I can't believe people just register for the status :rolleyes: )

Are you joking? People buy expensive purebred dogs and then confine them to the backyard on a chain their entire life just for status. People are pathetic.

CagneyDog
10-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Well what was your reason for registering her then if it wasn't status? :)

Now I may be wrong because that the conversation we had on the chat was a few weeks back but I recall you saying that you couldn't afford a pen or kennel etc for Roxy, but yet you can afford 500 bucks to register Tink and there is not even a reason to register her :eek: :confused:

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Are you joking? People buy expensive purebred dogs and then confine them to the backyard on a chain their entire life just for status. People are pathetic.
Thats terrible! :( Why spend so much money on a dog, then tie it up the rest of its life...

lv4dogs
10-26-2005, 03:34 PM

Now I may be wrong because that the conversation we had on the chat was a few weeks back but I recall you saying that you couldn't afford a pen or kennel etc for Roxy, but yet you can afford 500 bucks to register Tink and there is not even a reason to register her :eek: :confused:

She paid 500 for Tink, not to register her.

CagneyDog
10-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Thats terrible! :( Why spend so much money on a dog, then tie it up the rest of its life...

like Roxy......

lv4dogs
10-26-2005, 03:35 PM
like Roxy......

Didn't we just get done with a sickening post on this subject? It's done & over with, it's time to move on.

Flatcoatluver
10-26-2005, 03:36 PM
why don't you just drop the situation with roxy

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:37 PM

On the chat I said we cant build a kennel, because we dont own our house/land. Roxy chews through plastic crates, and we dont like the others...IDK why we are registering Tink! Its because we can I guess! :confused: As soon as she was described on the phone We fell in love with her...and...Registration comes in handy!

Jessika
10-26-2005, 03:40 PM
How does registering your dog come in handy? lol.

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:40 PM
like Roxy......
Read THIS post!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1303276#post1303276

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:41 PM
How does registering your dog come in handy? lol.
Shes uniquely identified? lol

Jessika
10-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Shes uniquely identified? lol

Then get her microchipped??

Tons of dogs are rescued or adopted from shelters every day and they don't have to be registered to be "uniquely identified". O_o

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Then get her microchipped??

Tons of dogs are rescued or adopted from shelters every day and they don't have to be registered to be "uniquely identified". O_o
Shes getting microchipped, too :)

lv4dogs
10-26-2005, 03:54 PM
I'd register my dog even if I wasn't showing him (if it was a pure bred). Why? because I can. Besides a lot of the registries offer products with registration that can come in handy.

Kaige for AKC reg. I got a year subscription to a dog magazine, a puppy package, free ID tag. For his ASCA I get another magazine (years worth), package, rights to vote in the ASCA and a few more things too.

Why is it lame? I mean you love your dog why not. It makes a nice tribute for the wall or an addition to a scrapbook or the like.

Just me I guess.

beeniesmom
10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
I'd register my dog even if I wasn't showing him (if it was a pure bred). Why? because I can. Besides a lot of the registries offer products with registration that can come in handy.

Kaige for AKC reg. I got a year subscription to a dog magazine, a puppy package, free ID tag. For his ASCA I get another magazine (years worth), package, rights to vote in the ASCA and a few more things too.

Why is it lame? I mean you love your dog why not. It makes a nice tribute for the wall or an addition to a scrapbook or the like.

Just me I guess.

I so agree with you Sue!

I am so sorry everyone here is grilling you, ROXYgirl ...
I don't understand why they can't be happy for you.
You are trying your best to bring Roxy indoors. It doesn't depend on you...
You are right to be happy for your new addition Tink.
I registered my dogs with the AKC for the same resons as luv4dogs.
Enjoy your new dog.

Flatcoatluver
10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
I know there purebreds, you have a right too! T.j is registered but we weren't going to show him. If briana wanted to register her dog, we should be happy for her, pt is supposed to be a fun place to go on and talk about the animals we love, but people always critizing for something as little as this is dumb!

Flatcoatluver
10-26-2005, 03:58 PM
I so agree with you Sue!

I am so sorry everyone here is grilling you, ROXYgirl ...
I don't understand why they can't be happy for you.
You are trying your best to bring Roxy indoors. It doesn't depend on you...
You are right to be happy for your new addition Tink.
I registered my dogs with the AKC for the same resons as luv4dogs.
Enjoy your new dog.
well put from iv4dogs and beniesmom

CagneyDog
10-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh ok.
well I hope you can convince your mom to let her be inside everynight :)

Jessika
10-26-2005, 04:00 PM

I said it was lame only if you were JUST doing it for status.

sammy101
10-26-2005, 04:03 PM
agree'd with beeniesmom and lv4dogs.
But congrats on getting her papers.Her name is so cute!! :)

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
agree'd with beeniesmom and lv4dogs.
But congrats on getting her papers.Her name is so cute!! :)
I love her name, too! I think I'll try to get a new pic and post it...Have to find camera and batteries!!

Anita Cholaine
10-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Congrats!! That's a cute name:D I love it! Semd some hugs to her and Roxy....

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Congrats!! That's a cute name:D I love it! Semd some hugs to her and Roxy....
I will! and Thanks! :)

Chica
10-26-2005, 06:40 PM
I think she has a really cute name. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Roxyluvsme13
10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
I think she has a really cute name. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! ;)