PDA

View Full Version : Eldest! (book) ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey all!

For all you Alagaesia fans...;)

I know I'm slow, but the library was backed up for holds on Christopher Paolini's newest book, Eldest, and I just finished it yesterday!! (we have also been REALLY busy!) Wow, very well written...I thought it was really good. I think I liked the first book of the trilogy, Eragon, better though, I don't know why. Also, the ending of Eldest was totally different than what I expected...makes you feel kind of sorry for Eragon. :( I'm not going to say anymore for those of you who haven't read it. ;) But it will be interesting to read the last book of the trilogy in a few years! :D And the movie Eragon is coming out next year!! Exciting! :D;) But anyways, have you guys read it yet, and how did you like it??:)

-Katie

finn's mom
10-26-2005, 02:26 PM
I've been wanting to check out that whole line of books...how many are there now? They're all the same characters or just the same kind of stories? I'm interested in reading them, though, so, thank you for not giving too much away! ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I've been wanting to check out that whole line of books...how many are there now? They're all the same characters or just the same kind of stories? I'm interested in reading them, though, so, thank you for not giving too much away! ;)

There are two books in the trilogy now: Eragon, and now Eldest. ;) It's a continution from book 1 to book 2 about Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, and their conquest to overthrow the evil leader of "Alagaesia," Galbatorix. There's new characters in Eldest, but for the most part they stay the same. Boy, I'll tell ya Kari, they are GREAT books, and I highly recommend them!! :D

flamepony12
10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm usually a super fast reader, I finished The Da Vinci code in about 3 days... haha. I started Eldest about 2 weeks ago, though, and I'm not very far. :\ I don't know why, maybe it's just not as appealing as Eragon was... but maybe I just need to give it a little more time.

elizabethann
10-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I have about 100 pages left of ERAGON. Very good book. Can't wait to read ELDEST.

finn's mom
10-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Boy, I'll tell ya Kari, they are GREAT books, and I highly recommend them!! :D

Cool, I'll add them to my list! :)

chrissycat21
10-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Eldest was great! I can't wait for the 3rd one!

There is going to be a movie? I had no idea! I hope they don't ruin the books with the movie, though.

flamepony12
10-27-2005, 08:10 PM
There is going to be a movie? I had no idea! I hope they don't ruin the books with the movie, though.

I wonder how crappy they're going to make the dragon look. >.<

Karen
10-27-2005, 08:23 PM
I read Eldest this summer, and thought it was really good! I have not read Eragon, and should. But I'm hoping with all the advances in computer graphics, they can make the dragon(s) right!

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Eldest was great! I can't wait for the 3rd one!

Exactly!;) Either movies make the books look better or worse...and I hope they do a good job on the dragons, and make them "realistic" if you know what I mean!!:rolleyes: ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-28-2005, 10:33 AM
I read Eldest this summer, and thought it was really good! I have not read Eragon, and should. But I'm hoping with all the advances in computer graphics, they can make the dragon(s) right!

Oh Karen, I think Eragon is probably better than Eldest, so you gotta read it!!:D That's my preference though!;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-28-2005, 07:05 PM
*bump* Anyone else??;)