PDA

View Full Version : Bye everyone, till next weekend...

kobieeli
03-23-2002, 09:10 PM
Well, hub and I are off to the Portland, Oregon area starting tomorrow and we won't be back until next Sunday. We'll hopefully have fun sightseeing and doing some spring skiing, although it'll be soooo hard to fully enjoy ourselves without the furkids. (Hub said this evening as we were packing, "Hmm, I wonder if Kobie could fit in my carry-on, and Eli could pose as an assistance dog...")

This is our longest trip away from them, and the last time we left them behind was for just one weekend almost a year ago. Hub's parents live only a mile away, though, so Kobie and Eli will be well looked after; they usually get taken over to the grandparents' place to play with their own dogs and romp in their one acre yard. Still, we've been spoiling them rotten today in preparation for leaving, and we're looking forward to getting absolutely mauled with doggy glee when we come back! :D

Karen
03-23-2002, 09:18 PM
Do have fun, and bring back treats for them - not that they'll need bribes!

Though it reminds me of my dad's dog - be careful they don't get too spoiled ... when he brings his dog out to visit my "aunt" (one of those no-relation, lifelong friend of the family aunts), the dog pouts for a day when they arrive back at home. Dad is not in the habit of cooking extra bacon for the dog's breakfast, feeding her "left-over" steak ...

LoudLou
03-23-2002, 09:52 PM
I am sure they will have fun at their Grandparents. Louie alway goes to my Mom's when we have to ga away and he come comes home Spoiled Rotten! Well, Have fun and like Karen said bring 'em back some goodies!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2002, 11:14 PM
Have fun but don't forget to bring them each a souvenir.:)

jackiesdaisy1935
03-24-2002, 09:08 AM
Everyone has got to get away once in a while, as long as their Nana and Poppa are looking after them, nothing to worry about.
Have a great time and then anticipate the wonderful reunion on the way back. Have a great, fun trip.
Jackie

*LabLoverKEB*
03-24-2002, 01:34 PM
I hope you have a wonderful, fun, and safe time in Oregon! We'll miss you!!!

Sarah & Sadie

Former User
03-24-2002, 03:05 PM
Have fun!!! And have a good Easter!

aly
03-24-2002, 11:36 PM
Have fun on your trip!! Try not to worry about the pups too much, they are in good hands. Oh what am I saying? I know you'll never stop thinking about them, but still have a GREAT time!!

Freckles
04-02-2002, 02:14 PM
How was the skiing on Mt. Hood?