PDA

View Full Version : Entranced

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
It's fall here, and there's a chill in the air, so Terry has had the fireplace going a few times in the last few days, and we've discovered that CJ is totally enamored with the fireplace! :eek: As soon as Terry lit it, CJ immediately went over and plopped down in front of it.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pdd762ac1ab6926fadc81d8f49b560798/f1bfa0c0.jpg

Looks like the same picture, but his head is facing a different direction, following the movement of the flames. He seemed to be fascinated with the flames.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pa5ef4759cd8e44135d5a88baa2a0fc6e/f1bfa0b2.jpg

He seemed to want to almost crawl right in - thank goodness for the screen! - so I pulled him away and put him on his favorite chair. Sneaky little guy waited until I went upstairs and then went right back to the fireplace, but at least he was a little bit away from it this time, so I left him there. Eventually he must have gotten too hot because he did move, he just didn't move soon enough to please me. I felt his fur and it was hot to the touch :eek: so at least he realized he was hot. ;) :rolleyes:

Here are a few pics I took without the flash. I thought they turned out kind of neat so I thought I'd share.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/p39ab8c8994be451801a6334c8e222c90/f1bfa0a8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/p133b8b84e773196ab614802c7645a148/f1bfa09a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pbc1b5b2a747792a8b7c35bcea7efbbf0/f1bfa08b.jpg

(somehow the tulips don't really add anything to ambiance of these pictures :rolleyes: )

ramanth
10-25-2005, 03:47 PM
:D CJ's a pyro. :eek: ;)

I wish I had a fireplace. I'd curl up in front of it too! :D

kuhio98
10-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Awww, CJ looks very comfy and content there. Pepper is our fireplace lover. We have a stone hearth that gets very warm. She lies there all blissed out . Unfortunately, the wood pops and sparks every now and then and she takes off like a rocket but she always (eventually) comes back. :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Those are autumnal tulips aren't they????

Give CJ a pipe and an easy chair! Then he can gaze thoughtfully into the flames and remember when.....

orangemm
10-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Smart boy, that CJ! I'd be there, too. Binky likes our fireplace, too. He's always hanging around it. Good thing we're putting another one in on our porch!

Best seat in the house, CJ!! :D :D

kimlovescats
10-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Great pictures! Ah, to have a fire going! My hubby is convinced (thanks to my Dad) that all the heat goes up the fireplace, so we "conserve" and don't get to use ours! :rolleyes:

Randi
10-25-2005, 04:07 PM
As close as he can get, but still on the carpet. :D How nice! I bet he'll be there all winter! :) I'm sure if I had one, Fister would be there too, he's right under the lamp next to my keyboard - his own little sun. :)

lvpets2002
10-25-2005, 04:19 PM
;) Awee how so sweet you are CJ & smart boy getting to the home front of a warm spot..

catmandu
10-25-2005, 05:48 PM
This year,is not only going to be the year of the enclosed Porch,but the Electric Fireplace,for the Found Cats!
This is going to be the best year,the Found Cats,have ever had.
And we are glad that CJ,is enjoying the warmth.
Can The Found Cats,visit until Ours arrives?

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Great pictures. :D CJ sure looks comfy and cozy. :)

Killearn Kitties
10-26-2005, 03:12 AM
Flames are fascinating, CJ, are they not. It is only reasonable that you will try to find some comfort after mummy stopped feeding and watering you and made you visit the vet! You enjoy that warmth, sweetie.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-26-2005, 03:42 AM
I love the pics without the flash! So cosy :D :) !
My cats love our fireplace too! Look:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cats%20&%20fire%202.jpg

Just be careful with the scratch-tower. Last winter we put ours right in front of the fire. Although it is a closed fireplace, the tower got fire anyway! We saw it in time (the smell :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) and put the whole tower outside. That was VERY scary!!! :eek:

Lightning SuperCat
10-26-2005, 04:34 AM
Oh he is so handsome! I love the pics without the flash, I love how the fire glows and lights everything up!
I bet Lightning wishes we had a fireplace! CJ looks quite comfortable! :D

trayi52
10-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Hmmm, I love a fireplace too, don't blame you, CJ, I would be curled up next to it too! Hopefully, I will at least have a gas log in my new house.

Wonderful pictures, Debbie!

Willie :)

Logan
10-26-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm assuming your are gas logs, Debbie, since everything is so clean! Am I right? But then you have the tools.........

He looks so happy there. Mimi LOVES our fireplace, too, and I built a fire the other night when I had all those girls spending the night and she was in heaven in the middle of those girls and in front of the fireplace.

Logan

catnapper
10-26-2005, 08:56 AM
CJ, you silly boy, have you never met a fireplace before? You do look VERY handsome in the firelight. But then again you look handsome any time.

We have a fireplace but never use it, but will this year... it'll be interesting to see the kitties reactions to it! :D

RICHARD
10-26-2005, 02:18 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p43af74410500b0f7cb8a94f077a8c1c8/f6535faa.jpg

Did someone say FIRE????

CJ,

keep your distance and T&P?

I know the feeling of HOT FUR. under my hand. :eek: ...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm assuming your are gas logs, Debbie, since everything is so clean! Am I right? But then you have the tools.........

The tools are only for effect, Logan, yes, it's gas. I came from a home with a "real" fireplace - wood burning with popping logs like Kuhio and all. It took me a long time to reconcile myself to a gas fireplace, but like all new fangled things, I now love it! No cutting, hauling and stacking of wood, no mess, no mice in the wood pile, no clean up - just put the lit match in the fireplace, turn the gas on and walla, fire!

Kim, unless you have the fireplace specially set up to blow heated air into the house (my dad did this), yes, all the heat goes up the chimney. When we had fires at my parents' place (before my dad's air blowing invention), the rest of the house would be freezing cold with heat only within about two feet of the fireplace. The gas one we have now is a little more efficient than that, but it's certainly more efficient to turn the heat itself on....but sitting with your feet on the heat vent doesn't quite have the same calming effect that sitting with your feet on the hearth does. ;)

Soapets
10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
What a cozy scene! CJ is a smart kitty to find just the right place to stay warm and enjoy the visual effects. :)

Deb

Barbara
10-28-2005, 05:27 PM
CJ- you have the flame markings in your face- so it's no wonder you are addicted to fire! I'd love to have a fireplace but as we don't have the space for it, Filou has to sleep on the heating- and he can get very hot too (I wonder sometimes whether he is well done already ;) )

momcat
10-28-2005, 07:17 PM
CJ looks so happy and content in his spot by the fireplace... he's the picture of content. Such a sweet guy ;) :) :cool:

Vio&Juni
10-29-2005, 04:01 PM
If I were CJ, I'd be there too :)