PDA

View Full Version : Won't be on for a while...

moosmom
10-25-2005, 02:34 PM
I'll be back though. I've broken down my computer and am hitting the road early. I'lm at the library right now. I didn't want you guys to worry.

I'll be hitting the road early tomorrow morning with the hopes of making it to CT by Thursday. I hope to have my computer set up sometime this weekend.

I've decided to leave early because of the lack of heat in the building and just about everything else stressing me out. I think the current surroundings have alot to do with it. Once I made up my mind I was moving back to CT, I think that is what did it. I'm sure once I'm on the road with my furkids, I'll feel better.

So, I'm signing off for now. I'll be thinking about all of you hoping I don't go into PT withdrawal. I'm sure I'll be able to use Mark's computer once I get there.

Until next time America!!!

Love and hugs,

Donna, the Shooman, Maya Linn, Mollie Rose and of course, Shortie.

xoxoxoxooxxoox

prechrswife
10-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Have a safe trip!

caseysmom
10-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Drive carefully. This is going to be a positive thing in your life.

finn's mom
10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
how exciting! good luck and be careful! can't wait for an update!

carole
10-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Wishing you and the furkids a very safe journey, and the best of luck in CT. :)

ramanth
10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Have a safe trip Donna! I'll miss you. Sorry I couldn't get out there to see you before you go. But I'll see you next July. ;) :)

PJ's Mom
10-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Good luck and be careful! :)

Lobodeb
10-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Good luck and be careful! If you can, take pictures so we can share your journey with you later!

luvofallhorses
10-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Have a safe trip to and from! :)

moosmom
10-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone!

Well, I finally made it to where I'm supposed to be! I took my time driving. Me and the kits stopped overnight in PA (sorry I couldn't catch up with you Davidp. BOY do you fall asleep early!!). Took a nice hot bath, had a quiet dinner and fell asleep around 9 with all four of them surrounding me. I slept like a baby. Was up at 7:30 and on the road an hour later. I made it to CT at 1:30 pm. Mark and I got our signals crossed. He thought I wasn't coming in until Friday. So, I'm staying at my best friend Susie's house tonight.
I'll have my computer up and running by Sunday.

I got an email from PurrsAbound. Parker is safe and warm in her new foster home. They told me that I did a wonderful job socializing her and that there were no incidents of biting or anything. I'll miss her.

Kimmy,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say good-bye but I promise, I'll see you in July.

I'm beat and am heading off to bed. It is SO good to be home again!!!! :D:D:D

Felix
10-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Glad to hear you had a safe trip.Hope you and your furkids adjust soon.Please keep us posted.

cyber-sibes
10-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Good luck with everything, Donna. Sounds like you made the right choice, Conn. is going to be wonderful for you & the furbabies. Hope you get settled in smoothly. ;)

shais_mom
10-27-2005, 11:38 PM
anyone heard from Donna?

Cinder & Smoke
10-28-2005, 12:12 AM
anyone heard from Donna?

psssst ...

Read BACK a few posts -

She MADE IT "home" - she checked in a few hours ago!

;)

shais_mom
10-28-2005, 12:42 AM
ohhh
I see said the BLIND man!

oops

Barbara
10-28-2005, 04:06 AM
Missed all this by being away for another week.
Donna I'm so glad you arrived safely. I send you lots and lots and lots of best wishes for your new life :)

davidpizzica
10-28-2005, 05:13 AM
Since you won't be on PT for a while, you can call me and I'll relay messages to the rest of PT to let them know how you're doing. Hang in there, sweetheart!

moosmom
10-28-2005, 06:52 AM
I had my first REAL experience last night, sleeping in a TWIN bed surrounded by 4 cats. Talk about contortionist sleeping!!! But it felt SO good and I just passed out!

Mollie Rose gave me a real scare though. I had her in Susie's daughter's bedroom. She has alot of "momentos" in there, including a glass in shiny pieces of blue and white tinsel. Needless to say I found the Divine Ms. "M" chowing down on them. I asked Sue how "full" the glass WAS. She looked at me real funny and said she didn't know. I immediately moved the glass out of Mollie's reach. I said a prayer that I wouldn't have to rush her to the vet. About an hour later I found a balled up hunk of blue and white tinsel mixed with saliva (by accident with my foot, of course). Thank GOD it came out that way!

So, it's now 7:30 a.m. on Friday and I'm off to get cleaning supplies and meet Mark at the apt. I'll catch up with you guys later.

Have I said how good it feels to be home again??? :p

trayi52
10-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Donna, so good to hear you are finally at home, and have arrived safely! I hope this will be your dream come true, which it sounds like it already is!

So happy to have you back online with us, just can't wait to hear more adventures coming from you and your furkids. So get that computer set up, if you haven't already got it set up! Things are going to go great for you now, I just know it! Its just something that has to be, and something that you really deserve!

Love,
Willie :)

ramanth
10-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Silly Mollie! :D

Donna, I'm so happy to hear you arrived safe. :) Just in time for those wonderful Nor'Easters! ;) Bundle up!

*HUGS*

davidpizzica
10-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Donna, I'm SO happy that you're back where you belong! How's Molly Rose? (otherwise known as "tinsel breath"?) I'm also glad that in spite of your feline company with you that you had a good night sleep. Love you, Donna! {{{{HUGS}}}}!

moosmom
10-28-2005, 03:41 PM
My computer is up and running, thanks to Mark. He has a super system that is high speed. I just love it!!! I missed you guys!

Did I mention I needed to clean here?? Well, I found out that he hadn't cleaned the place in a year. :eek: I went out and got bleach, Pine Sol and a whole bunch of stuff. I'm going to IKEA now to look at a small dresser to put my clothes in. I still need to vacuum (he has a "broom vac" that don't do squat) and am going to borrow my friend's vacuum. The kitchen floor is GROSS!!!! :eek: I also realized you can tell alot about a person when you clean their place. His partner who had my room loved strawberry Twizzlers and toothpicks. Go figure.

Mollie Rose is fine. Can't wait to see what the kits have been up to all day. Will stay at Sue's again tonight and bring my daughter Amy back here with me (hopefully to put her to work).

Have I mentioned how WONDERFUL it is to be back home????? :D:D:D

I'm off to buy a dresser!!! TTFN!!

finn's mom
10-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Woo hoo, good to hear you are getting settled! Even if it does mean a lot of cleaning ahead of you. ;) Twizzlers and toothpicks, huh? Interesting mix. :D

davidpizzica
10-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Donna, I think you mentioned it a few times now! Now say "There's no place like home!"

moosmom
10-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Davidp,

I know I mentioned it a few times. And you're right...

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!! :D:D:D

Tonight for supper, I went to my FAVORITE place in Hartford and got a beef cutlet grinder (here they call them grinders, over THERE, if you know what I mean, they call them subs). I was in heaven with every single mouthful!! It just keeps getting better every second.

carole
10-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Donna glad to hear you are happy and settled, don't worry in no time at all you will have the apartment looking like a palace, sounds like you have really missed the place and yup there certainly is NO PLACE LIKE HOME eh? fingers and paws crossed here for everything to go smoothly for you, jobwise etc etc. Take care and enjoy being back home. :)