PDA

View Full Version : My Dad Is Having Knee Surgery...Positive Thoughts And Prayers, Please.

RobiLee
10-25-2005, 06:00 AM
My dad is having knee replacement surgery this morning. I'm on my way to meet my folks at the hospital but I couldn't leave without asking for some PT positive thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Thanks Everyone! :)

joycenalex
10-25-2005, 06:52 AM
My dad is having knee replacement surgery this morning. I'm on my way to meet my folks at the hospital but I couldn't leave without asking for some PT positive thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Thanks Everyone! :)
prayers going up! good luck dad,((robin))

davidpizzica
10-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Robilee, My prayers are with your dad this morning. If you have any questions about total knee replacement, ask me. I had a total knee replaement last August and I know exactly what he is going through. Also prayers go out to you and the rest of your family.

Daisy and Delilah
10-25-2005, 08:34 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with your Dad, Robin. I'm facing possible knee surgery mysef. I hope all goes well today for him and the rest of the family too. ((((HUGS))))

ramanth
10-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Positive thoughts!! :D

shais_mom
10-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Prayers sent Robin! :)

Cinder & Smoke
10-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Wishing the best to Bionic Dad!

:)

Lobodeb
10-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Ask and ye shall receive!

Good luck to a successful, uneventful surgery and a quick recovery!

wolf_Q
10-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Positive thoughts being sent his way. I hope it will all go ok for him. My dad has had multiple knee surgeries including a total knee replacement as well.

luvofallhorses
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Prayers on the way! Please keep us updated.

Anita Cholaine
10-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Sending good thoughts for your dad...... I'll have a knee surgery on december I think (not a knee replacement) Hope everything goes well!:)

Ginger's Mom
10-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Good thoughts and prayers going out for your Dad. Hope everything went well today.

finn's mom
10-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh, wow! I hope his recovery is a speedy one...

Holly's mom
10-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Good thoughts and prayers coming your dad's way, Robin! Hope all has gone well for him today.

My dad had a total knee replacement this past June and now he just had a hip replacement the end of September, both on his right side. He's doing great, my mom said it's so nice to see him get out of his chair in the living room and not be groaning in pain. He'll be on crutches for about another month, and then he should be almost back to normal, going up and down stairs, etc.

Good wishes and a speedy recovery for your dad! :)

Karen

Chica
10-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Don't worry about the surgery. My brother-in-law had it done a couple of months ago. He was doing fine 2 weeks after the surgery. No mor pain in the knee!!!Your dad will do fine!! ;)

anna_66
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten to talk to you, but I've been thinking about your dad and the family all day.
I hope all went well with his surgery. And again tell him HI from me:D
Love ya!

RobiLee
10-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Thank you so much everyone! The surgery seemed to go well and dad had an easy time in recovery. He got to rest today and the real work will start tomorrow when they start getting him up.

Thank you so much for the well wishes. My family and I really appreciate it. :)

Nomilynn
10-26-2005, 03:24 AM
My dad has had both of his knees replaced and I am amazed at the difference. I only wish he had done it sooner! He is practically back to when he was in high school again, and his range of motion in both knees is what his doctor called "unheard of." I hope your dad is feeling well and is up trotting around soon!

davidpizzica
10-26-2005, 04:22 AM
Thank you so much everyone! The surgery seemed to go well and dad had an easy time in recovery. He got to rest today and the real work will start tomorrow when they start getting him up.

Thank you so much for the well wishes. My family and I really appreciate it. :)
Robilee, the nurses had me walking (if you can call it that!) an HOUR after my surgery! They said "try walking to the door" I looked at the nurses and said "You're kidding!" I almost made it! I'm SO glad I had it done. I'm doing physical labor, I'm bowling and without pain and limping. I wish your father good luck in his healing and physical therapy.

trayi52
10-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Glad to hear the surgery went well. I will continue to send prayers to your dad and your family that he continues on the road to recovery.

Willie

Logan
10-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Robin, I'm so glad he came through the surgery ok. I'm sure he'll be just fine!

Logan

ChrisH
10-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Robin, so pleased to hear your Dad's surgery went well. Sorry that I am too late to say prayer for that but am sending prayers out now for his full and speedy recovery.

Chris

Pawsitive Thinking
10-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Hope your Dad continues to improve!