PDA

View Full Version : Bad day at work today

king2005
10-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Nobody today did anything wrong. But a VERY bad kennel manager did a horrible thing on the weekend.

When we first came into the store, there was a horrible puppy smell. Since it was my first day, I didn't know what was wrong. The girl working with me was some what new, but not stupid. However she had no idea why the store smelled so bad. When we walked into the kennel, the smell was deadly!!

It was like someone tossed puppy poo up my nose!

So we scrubbed really hard & the smell just wasn't going away. Customers were complaining & so was the staff. We bathed puppies, & scrubbed like mad.

When the lady that came in for my training arrived at 11, she knew what was wrong. The dip (fired kennel manager) turned off the air filter fan system thingy (all the individual puppy kennels have pipes that suck bad air out & pump good air into the main room).

OMG its a dissaster!! Due to no fresh air & no air circulation all sunday evening, night & early monday morning, ALL the poor puppies have kennel cough :(

We curssed up a storm. There was only 4 sick puppies & 2 of them had kennel cough. Now all 40 puppies have kennel cough & they had it BAD (in my opinion), because when the morning started, no one was coughing. then by 3pm so many were coughing up phlem & looking sad.

We tried out best to make the puppies feel better. The ones that were super ill, were put in little kennels with blankies & toys. The ones that were ok, we let them play in the big room extra long to get them happy. Which worked, they were bouncing off the walls & felt happy.

All the puppies are on meds, so no worries there. Tomorrow were gonna have a special bath day. Everyone is gonna get a through bath & a good clipping.

The store manager was sooo P'ed off she duct taped the switch (its only supost to be off during a cleaning of the system or reparing the system).

We really don't want to go in tomorrow, cause we all know they are all gonna be coughing hard. Poor babies.

We'll do our best to make them comfy & clear this horrid cough up. Tomorrow is also bleach the walls day. We're litterly covering the place in the special bleach mixture & TT mixture to dissinfect everything again. The kennel is really clean, but with this out break, the germs are gonna be on everything. We're also soaking the dishes extra long until this clears up.

Argg, this really killed the day. I did learn a lot & helped out a lot, but having all the puppies coughing killed everyone day.

& no worries, the puppies are inssured, so any sold get free meds from the vet & any additional medical care they may need caused by this out break. Also any that are known to have kennel cough have the option to keep the pup with us until its all better. But we recomend them taking it home & keeping it AWAY from other dogs, because it'll be away from other sick puppies & will get better much faster.

Oh & a vet comes to the kennel once a week, min. & they are on call 24/7 & any puppy needing overnight care goes home with us.

Regardless of this horrid outbreak in the kennel, the store really cares to its puppies, but they store cannot know what a dip will do.

Just needed to share to get it off my chest, its just been a bother to all of us today.