PDA

View Full Version : Checking In

NoahsMommy
10-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey guys! :)

I'm just checking in. I haven't been around as I'm still moving my things to CiCi's and haven't had the time yet to figure out my own internet and cable. We have to have a handy person come and install a cable thingy in the wall, and then I can get internet and cable. I'm really looking forward to that. As soon as that happens, I'll be around all the time! yay! :)

I've been pretty well. I'm eager to get all my stuff in storage and have that off my mind for a few months so I can focus on getting well so I can get back to school.

My pain has been worse and my body has been really, really tired. I'm usually in bed BY 8:30-9:00 on weeknights, so I'm getting enough sleep. I just had a blood test today to check on my anemia. I may need to restart my iron transfusions.

I have my initial appointment with my pain management doctor on Thursday. I'm REALLY looking forward to that. I feel my pain getting stronger as I'm working fulltime and the meds aren't as strong as they've been in the past. I'm thinking positively that he'll have some good answers for me.

Anyway, work is going pretty well. Had a not so great day today, but at least the dreaded Monday is over. ;)

I hope everyone is well! I miss you all...as well as your furkids (feather/scalies too!). I try to check PT and LJ each night using Phil's computer (CiCi's hubby)...but I've been so tired, I just go straight to bed.

Miss you lots!!

Love, Kelly :)

catnapper
10-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Great to hear from you Kelly. I'm soory to hear that you've been so tired - it does sound like you are anemic gain. I sure hope you can get that settled. I also hope the pain management doctor has some good things for you.

finn's mom
10-24-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that your body is having a hard time of it, but, it sounds like your spirits are up. And, that's the key to getting better!

K9karen
10-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Kelly, I'm ready for a new body too! :rolleyes: I'm thrilled that you're able to work through the pain. Bless you. I know it's tough and stress makes it worse. I hope the pain management doctor can help. With all I have to do with the house etc. I decided that the 4 walls will be here longer than I will, so I also rest when my body says to. Being in constant pain sucks. But like you, brave friend, I'm going to beat it too, dam it, if it's the last thing I do.
Lots of good wishes and Hugs always!

shais_mom
10-25-2005, 12:34 AM
love you sweets and Happy Birthday

petslover
10-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Hey Kelly.
I am glad you are almost settled in to your new place with your friend. I hope your pain starts to ease. Thanks for checking in with us.

moosmom
10-25-2005, 07:21 AM
Kelly,

Take care of yourself. Glad you checked in with us!! Hope things get better for you. Miss talking to you.

Love,

Donna

Daisy and Delilah
10-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks for checking in Kelly. Take it easy today and enjoy your birthday as much as possible. I can't wait until you're pain free, have your energy back, and your life is nothing but the best. You deserve to have the best life available :) Take care and keep us updated :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I thought of you today Kelly. I had to do my pre-admission testing for my surgery. While waiting to be called I could see they had 4 girls checking in patients. The one girl nearest to me sounded so sweet. An elderly gentleman (alone) was checking in and it appeared he was a bit of a character. She immediately went along with his joking and was so sweet and helpful and I could just imagine how much easier her attitude made it for him. Her soft sweet voice and easy laughter reminded made me think of you, which made me think of all the patients you check in everyday and how their day is made easier by having you check them in rather than a cranky, irritable person. It's funny how my opinion of the hospital went up because of her pleasant attitude, and it made me think of how my opinion of the hospital would have gone down if she had been cranky and irritable and short with this cute old man. It may seem you have a lowly position in the big hierarchy of the hospital, but you have the opportunity to put peoples' fears at ease and start their hospital stay off on the right foot, so you have a very important job.

Ok, ok, enough with that. ;) Glad to hear things are moving along and hope everything goes well with the pain person. :)

prechrswife
10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
It's good to hear from you. Take care of yourself, and check in when you can.