PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

davidpizzica
10-24-2005, 07:14 PM
We might have snow (that four letter word) in Pittsburgh overnight and into tomorrow. They are calling for the rain we're having now to change into rain and snow showers! I'm not rady for this yet!!

chocolatepuppy
10-24-2005, 08:04 PM
David, we might get a rain/snow mix here tonight also. Only, I love snow! :p

GoldenLuv
10-24-2005, 08:08 PM
that is a very very bad word SNOW YUCKIEEEE

Karen
10-24-2005, 08:09 PM
I am jealous! Want snow now! We haven't even had a frost yet!

buckner
10-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I want snow!! It's so cold here we deserve some snow, I'm jealous!

It's funny because here, we had several months of summer, 2 days of fall, and now winter.

Desert Arabian
10-24-2005, 09:24 PM
We had sleet here the other day in Wisconsin, I was praying it would turn into snow- but sadly it didn't. I hope we get a lot of horrednous blizzards this winter!!!

rg_girlca
10-24-2005, 09:26 PM
They are calling for the "S" word for this thursday and friday.
But that could all change. Oh I hope, I hope.
I'm not ready for that yucky white stuff yet either.

Logan
10-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Karen, based on the weather report I just heard, you might get a lot more rain before you see snow. Hope it won't be too bad!!!!

Make us a snowman, David! I'm jealous!!!!! :p

Logan

moosmom
10-25-2005, 07:34 AM
What?????? :eek: :eek: I don't want to drive in that stuff!! Please tell me it ain't so!

cloverfdx
10-25-2005, 07:46 AM
How exciting David, enjoy it if you ended getting some of the white stuff ;).

davidpizzica
10-25-2005, 08:41 AM
What?????? :eek: :eek: I don't want to drive in that stuff!! Please tell me it ain't so!
I'm afraid so, sweetheart! Right where I live we're getting mixed rain and snow showers, but just east of Pittsburgh, winter advisories are up and right now they have 3" on the ground in the Laurel Highlands area. IT'S TOO EARLY!!!

JenBKR
10-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Yep, we have LOTS of the white stuff on the ground now. Several inches. The weatherman said this morning that the snow should be gone by Thursday though. I'm not quite ready for snow, it's way to early!! What happened to fall???

davidpizzica
10-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Yep, we have LOTS of the white stuff on the ground now. Several inches. The weatherman said this morning that the snow should be gone by Thursday though. I'm not quite ready for snow, it's way to early!! What happened to fall???
Jen, Pittsburgh jumped from summer into winter with NO fall!!

kuhio98
10-25-2005, 10:32 AM
WOW! I can't believe you guys got snow in Pennsylvania before we got it in Anchorage, Alaska. :eek: What is going on with our weather?

JenBKR
10-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Jen, Pittsburgh jumped from summer into winter with NO fall!!

I know!! Fall is my favorite season, but it doesn't seem like the leaves ever completely changed :( It's the heavy, wet snow too, the kind that's fun to play in, but usually we get the fluffier snow early in the season. It's strange to see the (somewhat) colorful leaves covered in white!

LuvGold00
10-25-2005, 01:29 PM
We just got over an inch of snow here in Southern New Hampshire! My Dogs don't know what's going on. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Please don't feel the need to share the snow with us!!!
We just had a light frost last night for the first time this fall. Don't want no snow no how no way!!! :eek: :D

Catsnclay
10-25-2005, 02:09 PM
:confused: Snow?? What is that??

I'm still in halter tops and shorts with the windows open....maybe have to close them to put the a/c back on this afternoon when it gets too hot (we are still in the 90's here!)

Snow, I think I remember that, it's white and cold and wet.right? I remember as a kid my mother getting on all the "stuff" we could hardly move, go outside play for a few minutes, then have to come in because we had to go to the bathroom......such an ordeal to play in the snow when you are a kid! :rolleyes:

Anita Cholaine
10-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Awww.... I'm jealous..... We never had snow here, and I think we'll never have....:(

davidpizzica
10-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Please don't feel the need to share the snow with us!!!
We just had a light frost last night for the first time this fall. Don't want no snow no how no way!!! :eek: :D
Connie, we were lucky in Pittsburgh, just a lot of rain, enough to make Noah jealous! However in the mountains just to the east of us, they received 3" to 6" of snow!

Lady's Human
10-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Anyone who wants snow can have our share. Over the next few days we're supposed to get 3-9" of "miXed percipitation", in other words airborne slush.

joanofark
10-25-2005, 04:43 PM
It's funny because here, we had several months of summer, 2 days of fall, and now winter.

Ditto!

I know, It's crazy here in KY!! :eek:

I want snow, and a white Christmas!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Connie, we were lucky in Pittsburgh, just a lot of rain, enough to make Noah jealous! However in the mountains just to the east of us, they received 3" to 6" of snow!Looks like you lucked out, huh? :D

Gosh, our leaves are just starting to fall now. Don't need to shovel snow and rake leaves at the same time. I do remember going Trick or Treating on Halloween in the snow though when I was a kid. :eek: :D

Uabassoon
10-25-2005, 05:00 PM
I want snow! I've only seen it twice. Last year I went home for Xmas and it snowed for the first time in 92 years! It was so cute seeing my grandparents so excited because they had never seen snow before.

davidpizzica
10-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Looks like you lucked out, huh? :D

Gosh, our leaves are just starting to fall now. Don't need to shovel snow and rake leaves at the same time. I do remember going Trick or Treating on Halloween in the snow though when I was a kid. :eek: :D
Connie, about 5 years ago, Pittsburgh had a terrible snowstorm on Halloween. Dumped 6 to 8" of snow on us! No trick or treaters that year!

Vermontcat
10-25-2005, 05:59 PM
We've had heavy rain and wind here all day.
It is supposed to change over to snow overnight and we are due to get a couple of inches tonight and tomorrow.
It's too early for snow, I'm not ready for it yet!

JenBKR
10-26-2005, 08:02 AM
The snow's melting. I'm just not ready for snow yet. I live close to the mountains, so sometimes we get hit pretty hard ;)