PDA

View Full Version : Diggin', Digging', Diggin'

Glacier
10-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Besides running, one of a husky's great talents is digging!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/muskwadiggin.jpg
Muskwa is very advanced at digging. He likes to use his nose and teeth too, not just his paws!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/earlesuper.jpg
Earle supervising and patiently waiting his turn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/earledigg.jpg
Earle likes to go for depth in his holes!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/dirtymusky.jpg
Using your nose to dig often causes a dirty face!

Sonia59
10-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Indeed, Muskwa is very good at digging! Lovely pictures, your dogs are so beautiful! :)

poofy
10-24-2005, 01:04 PM
I had to laugh, that is so cute, love pictures of them.. :D

cyber-sibes
10-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Huskies are such multi-talented dogs. Muskwa and Earle demonstrate an especially fun cooperative activity... tag-team digging - I love it! Good boys!

Queen of Poop
10-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Silly boys. Nice to see them having such a good time.

Lobodeb
10-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Between Muskwa and Kasha, you sure have some dirty noses over there!

It's ok, dirty noses need love too!

Your dogs are so gorgeous!

Logan
10-24-2005, 04:15 PM
How funny!! :) Now I'm wondering if my Honey is part Husky? :confused:

finn's mom
10-24-2005, 04:42 PM
They are so gorgeous, their faces are incredible!

elizabethann
10-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Your husky's and my Fenway would make the best of friends! Why just the other day, Fenway dug up all my sisters bulbs!

Cute pups!

:) :D

Ginger's Mom
10-24-2005, 08:00 PM
:D I love it ''tag-team digging." Very cute!!! I never noticed how blue Muskwa's eyes were before. They are both very handsome boys, dirt and all.

anna_66
10-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Ahhhh the holes of a husky...we know allllll about that here;)
Roxey said she would love to be on a tag team with one of your
guys (or girls):D

wolf_Q
10-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Cute pictures! Muskwa and Earle look very happy to be digging! Nebo has never dug a hole in his life, can you believe that? :eek:

Cinder & Smoke
10-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Nebo has never dug a hole in his life :eek:

He musta cut class that day!
Diggin 101 is usually covered in Puppy Skewl!

Bowser says to send him over ...
Bowz holds a PhD in Advanced Diggin! :rolleyes:

He can get 6" down in average soils faster than I can say "STOPPIT!!"

;)

Karen
10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
How funny!! :) Now I'm wondering if my Honey is part Husky? :confused:

Oh, no, she's all Golden! The most prolific digger of whom I have ever heard was a Golden named Buffy who belonged to one of Paul's cousins. He was known for leaving 6-foot-deep pits in the neighborhood, which unfortunately included a golf course!!!! The golf course people never caught him in the act, but it was pretty obvious which family in the area had the most excavations in their yard!

boxer_babe
10-24-2005, 09:50 PM
WOW! their names should be digger1 and digger2!

Glacier
10-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Cute pictures! Muskwa and Earle look very happy to be digging! Nebo has never dug a hole in his life, can you believe that? :eek:

Never!!??? Not even one??? :eek: You better send him up here. He needs some husky lessons! The Sibes will be glad to teach him digging techniques. Heyoka, the malamute, will throw in some "how to kill small trees" lessons for free!

When we sold our house down South, we had to bring in 3 loads of topsoil to fill in the holes in the backyard. We only had 2 huskies at the time. The entire yard was a moonscape! They have as many holes now, but more room to spread them out. Goldie dug one that she can actually go right into, turn around and come out head first! I have to get a pic of that! Raven is a tunneller. Her pen is full of underground hiding spots. Franklin digs "human traps"--narrow deep holes right in my path--just right for breaking an ankle in the dark!

ramanth
10-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Kia digs on the rare occasion. Like if she's left outside and is bored, she'll dig a small hole. :D

Now I have that meerkat song from the Lion King: 1 1/2 stuck in my head. LOL!
:eek: :D

dukedogsmom
10-25-2005, 12:44 PM
How funny! I'm wondering why they didn't start two holes so each one could dig their own. Looks like they are really enjoying themselves.

pitc9
10-25-2005, 01:21 PM
LOL!! The last one... of Muskwa and "what are YOU looking at" ears has me cracking me up!!!

lvpets2002
10-25-2005, 01:50 PM
:o Oh yes can I relate to that digging with my dogs.. It is constant in my back yard with my three babies.. But of course your babies are much cutter digging.. ;)

luvofallhorses
10-25-2005, 08:10 PM
LOL! Jenny and Buster would love to dig with them! ;) :D

cyber-sibes
10-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Never!!??? Not even one??? :eek: You better send him up here. He needs some husky lessons! The Sibes will be glad to teach him digging techniques... The entire yard was a moonscape! ......"human traps"--narrow deep holes right in my path--just right for breaking an ankle in the dark!
Nebo, you better take Glacier up on her offer, huskies have a reputation to keep up, you know! sometimes the kennel looks like a bomb practice range...Star digs dens, Sherman just digs...everywhere! I know his broken toe is better cause I found a new hole two days ago. Glacier, I hope you don't mind, Im posting this purely for instructional purposes for Nebo's benefit: picture of Sherman from last spring :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/endsup.jpg
SO DIG, NEBO, DIG!

wolfie
10-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Aww, I love the dirt-face! :D

Glacier
10-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Glacier, I hope you don't mind, Im posting this purely for instructional purposes for Nebo's benefit: picture of Sherman from last spring :eek:

LOL, great pic. I have a couple pics of headless dogs too!

Lobodeb
10-26-2005, 09:44 AM
LOL, great pic. I have a couple pics of headless dogs too!

Share 'em! Share 'em!!!

PLEASE. PRETTY PLEASE! :D

wolf_Q
10-29-2005, 06:30 PM
LOL no Nebo is not allowed to look at this thread. I'm glad he doesn't dig, my parents would not be happy with their yard landscaped! :o He does however prune all the trees. ;)

.sarah
10-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Ahh that's like my dog Mandy. She's a champion digger. She's dug holes in our above-ground pool liner plenty of times. I'll always wonder why my parents won't build something around it to prevent that.

dogzr#1
10-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Astra also really likes to dig. She dug so much that the neibors dogs came through one time :eek: but we covered up all the holes already!