PDA

View Full Version : Peej's eye doctor appt.

PJ's Mom
10-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Peej went to the eye doctor this morning and for once, he got a good report. His eye is as stable as it can be and while he's only got about 50% of his vision left in it, it's still responsive to light which is a good sign, and he's down to only one drop of pred. acetate once a day. At least for now, there's no talk of removing his eye. He's doing so well, that his doctor doesn't want to see him again until February. :)

Glacier
10-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear the good news! Hope he keeps doing well.

poofy
10-24-2005, 01:08 PM
That is great! Hope it keeps getting better. :D

beeniesmom
10-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh thank goodness.
I always think about your Peej and how hard it must be to have him lose his sight in that eye.
I hope for the best!

CagneyDog
10-24-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm glad his appointment went well. :)

lv4dogs
10-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Good news is always the best news. Glad to hear he's doing well.

Ginger's Mom
10-24-2005, 04:52 PM
I am glad to hear that the appointment went so well. Fingers crossed that he will remain the same.
You mentioned that he only needs his eye drops once a day now. I assume from that it was twice before. How was he with that, was it easy to give it to him?

Logan
10-24-2005, 05:11 PM
What a good boy you are, PJ!!!!!!! :) I'm so glad he got a good report, Dawn!!

Logan

PJ's Mom
10-24-2005, 06:17 PM
You mentioned that he only needs his eye drops once a day now. I assume from that it was twice before. How was he with that, was it easy to give it to him?

When his eye was at its worst, he was taking his eye drops 4 times a day. I keep his eye drops right next to the cat food bowl, so right after he takes a drop, if he's good, he gets some cat food. His regular vet said as long as he doesn't get too much cat food, it's ok as a treat and he likes it, so why not? :D

He's really good about his eye drop. He used to sit with his back to me so I couldn't reach his eye, but he's really good now. He knows I don't give up. ;)

I always think about your Peej and how hard it must be to have him lose his sight in that eye.

He handles it much better than I do. It makes me sad when we play with the laser and he can't see it on his left side. But, he doesn't care and as long as he doesn't hit his head on the wall when he turns to chase it, he still has a good time. :)

It's really nice to have some good news for a change. :) Thanks for the nice comments about my boy, everyone. :) :)

chocolatepuppy
10-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Glad to hear the good news! Give Peej a hug for me will ya? :)

anna_66
10-24-2005, 08:50 PM
What a wonderful report from the vet, I bet you couldn't be happier Dawn:D
Hugs and kisses for your sweet boy!

luvofallhorses
10-24-2005, 10:09 PM
I am glad his appt. went well. :) and I hope he continues to do well. :) Hugs and kisses to you Peej! :)

Vette
10-25-2005, 02:30 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/clap.gif :D

petslover
10-25-2005, 06:51 AM
That is good news. I am glad to hear that. Hugs to you and Peej