PDA

View Full Version : This makes me sick......

shais_mom
10-24-2005, 01:09 AM
This totally makes me sick to my stomach.
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1
On my Yahoo browser it let me watch the whole segment from the show but I am not sure if you can do this from this site.

moosmom
10-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Unfortunately, I can't bring it up. What's it about or do I dare ask??

catnapper
10-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Thats just horrible :mad: I can't even come up with something to say right now :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Karen
10-24-2005, 09:01 AM
It is a story I have seen all over the national media, twin blonde-blue-eyed teenage girls, 13 or 14, who have records and do concerts promoting white supremacy. They are homeschooled, in California, by white-supremacist parents.

finn's mom
10-24-2005, 09:16 AM
I haven't seen these girls specifically, and, don't need or care to, but, I did see a program once on tv about a community that held those beliefs and they had little toddlers performing and singing about it. And, it was just scary to hear what they thought about things. I don't know that I have a problem with them feeling how they feel (even though I completely feel as opposite as you can get), but, I just wonder if it will ever be commonplace and out in the open, and, how many crimes are committed because of those beliefs. It makes me so sad to think that there are so many people that share those beliefs. I don't have a problem with not wanting to marry and have children with someone who isn't within your race, even though I'd marry any race if I fell in love with them. And, expressing your opinion is one thing, but, telling other people that their's is wrong is wrong. And, I wonder how polite they are when expressing their opinion, and, how vocal and/or physical they are about it. :( Blech, this is such a touchy subject, I just hope it doesn't get a lot bigger than it is, but, I have a bad feeling it will. :( My quote in my signature speaks loud and clear...The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world.

JenBKR
10-24-2005, 09:57 AM
So sad. I can't understand racism, and I guess I never will. :( The fact that anyone thinks that they are better than anyone else makes me so :mad: :mad:

moosmom
10-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Was this the segment about the white supremicist twins that sing racist songs??? I saw that. That's despicable. Those parents should have those kids taken away!!

shais_mom
10-24-2005, 11:09 AM
yes Donna that's what it was about. Normally I stay away from controversy and the dog house period but this was too much for even me!

try www.google.com
with singers lamb lynx gaede

Edwina's Secretary
10-24-2005, 03:08 PM
A "home-schooling stay-at-home mom" who is no longer living with the father of the two girls.

On what does she live??????

cocker_luva
10-24-2005, 03:58 PM
thats disgusting. being rascist is a waste of time. its really offensive to be and i take it personally because although im white, my family also has black and mexican people in it!

popcornbird
10-24-2005, 04:30 PM
And what is so special about being white anyway? :rolleyes: I can't stand racists. There's no difference between people of different skin color. Sheesh. We're all human beings, all have the same feelings, and are all equal no matter what our color. I totally can't stand racists. What if THEY were born into a family of another color? Is being white something THEY decided at birth? Ugh...I hate such individuals. I hate them.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Those parents should have those kids taken away!!

I agree that this is sick and I feel sorry for the two young girls, but fortunately - or unfortunately depending on how you see it - we live in a free country where we are free to teach our kids our values, whether the rest of the country agrees with them or not.

The thing I hate the most about hate and racism is when you see these values passed on to the kids. These kids are blank slates when they are born and learn their values from those around them. Hopefully, as these girls mature, they will see the error of their ways. In the meantime, it's up to the rest of us to make sure that our kids (or those we come in contact with for those of us who don't have kids) learn how wrong hate and racism is.

I feel like cocker_luva that hatred and racism is a waste of time. Just think of all the good that could be done in the world if all that hate was redirected. It's sad, just sad, but they do have the right to believe what they do.

**Edit** PS - Sara, good to see you in the Dog House again. ;)

Corinna
10-24-2005, 05:28 PM
T&P you took the words right out of my mind.

lizbud
10-24-2005, 06:02 PM
These sad, misguided folks probably think of themselves as Christians too. :(

Lady's Human
10-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Liz,

Hold onto your socks......

For a change I agree with you. In the army, racism is not allowed to rear its ugly head, and when it does, it is eliminated as soon as possible. If you are a member of an extremist group and it comes up in a background check you are liable to be discharged immediately unless your commander thinks there's a damned good reason to keep you around.

Last time I checked, it's less than one percent of the genome that separates us. There's only one race, the human race, and we're all the same damned color on the inside.

shais_mom
10-24-2005, 11:32 PM
actually the mom insisted they weren't Christians they were something different - a "U" word

and also the mom homeschools them HER version of things..... so they get a screwed up view of history also....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-25-2005, 10:41 AM
There's only one race, the human race, and we're all the same damned color on the inside.
I heard a little different version of this that I'm think you (Lady's Human) can relate to since you're in the military. We all bleed red.

finn's mom
10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
actually the mom insisted they weren't Christians they were something different - a "U" word

and also the mom homeschools them HER version of things..... so they get a screwed up view of history also....

What's the U word, I wonder? Ugly? Because that's what racism is. Blech.

A lot of people would say that we all get screwy versions of history, though... I've never known really how I felt about that, though. Whether I could really believe everything I read. ;) But, I know what you mean, she could basically teach her kids that the sky is red, and, they'd grow up thinking that way. They're sponges, and, I'm just sad that they're soaking up such hatred already.

Lady's Human
10-25-2005, 04:33 PM
T+P, I'll leave the usual colorful military language out of this, but the normal quote on race in the military goes something like this:

We all wear green and bleed red. Shut up and move out.

senorita02
10-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Both their parents need to be killed! lol

Isnt there something child services could do, how can they be allowed to bring there little babies up on hate?
I am surpised someone hasnt killed the parents, people are crazy enough!

jackie
10-26-2005, 09:02 AM
I am surpised someone hasnt killed the parents, people are crazy enough!

I was thinking the same thing. I hope no one does though, the last thing America needs is more racial clashes. :(

senorita02
10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah i know, but how does he get away with driving around with a swastika on his truck and on his belt??

if i saw a man doing that i would cringe! I wonder if people say stuff to him all the time?

Pit Chick
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
He wouldn't get away with driving around with that kind of stuff here. White folks have become a minority in Houston now, so you can bet he wouldn't make it down the street without causing a riot and rightly so. I can't stand extremists of any race, KKK, Black Panthers, etc. It's one thing to be proud of your race but to hate or bad mouth other races is not necessary. I thought this country was actually getting passed all that nonsense and was the land of opportunity and tolerance for everyone.

I don't discriminate, I hate everyone. ;) :D :p LOL, just kidding.