PDA

View Full Version : Big Dogs, Small Dogs, BOTH!

Roxyluvsme13
10-23-2005, 06:05 PM
I was just wondering if everybody likes big dogs or small dogs best? I like both its REAlLY hard to pick. Tink I can carry and dress up like a baby doll and pamper alot. Roxy I can hug and play rough with, and pamper her, too of course :D. I like both....But I guess I like big dogs more. They don't have those shrill yappy barks lol :rolleyes:
So Which one Do you like better? and Why?

Anita Cholaine
10-23-2005, 06:44 PM
I like both..... I have, actually, a small dog with the soul of a huge dog!! Anita really thinks that she's a rottweiler :rolleyes: .........

Flatcoatluver
10-23-2005, 06:48 PM
I like big dogs the best, but i know i like will end up moving out and getting a toy poodle or a west highland white terrier

luvofallhorses
10-23-2005, 08:20 PM
I love all dogs! :)

k9krazee
10-23-2005, 08:34 PM
I love all dogs! :)

Ditto!

Roxyluvsme13
10-23-2005, 08:41 PM
I really like all, too...I have my likes and dislikes of both..:)

jesse_3
10-23-2005, 09:07 PM
I like all doggies and puppies too!:D

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

cali
10-23-2005, 09:38 PM
medium to large. I like having a small dog to cuddle with but thats it, so I use my moms little dogs for that, but I like my dogs medium to large, I like to be able to see my dogs without having to do a double take lol I also dont like it when my moms little dogs tuck themselves behind me if I lean forwards breifly then get pissed when I lean back not realizing that they are there lol

sammy101
10-23-2005, 09:44 PM
i like both,but i LOVE having a big dog to cuddle with.I like large/xlarge/giant dogs. :)

chocolatepuppy
10-23-2005, 10:32 PM
I love all dogs, but right now am happy with my big girls! I could easily see me down the road with a smaller dog or two! :D

finn's mom
10-24-2005, 01:40 AM
I've had a small dog and have a big dog, now. I love them both. Bruno was very cuddly, and, would play so cute! He would run laps around the yard and play with squeaky toys and would suck on his blanket and follow me everywhere. He was a mix between a cocker spaniel and a long haired dachshund, but, basically looked like a larger-than-normal doxie. He was about 18 pounds. He was small, but, very much a dog. Not just a lap dog, although he was that, too. Finn is all of that, as well, but, has the lab qualities, too, of really loving the water and being a great retriever. He can obviously play harder than Bruno could, but, I don't really play that roughly with him, because he just has no idea he's over 70 pounds. He's very much a lap dog, also, though, going back to the fact that he doesn't know how big he is. ;) I hope to one day have several dogs, of all sizes, and, a couple of cats, too! :D

vinjashira
10-24-2005, 05:35 AM
I've always had small/medium dogs and I love them but I hope one day I have a big dog, my favourite breed, a german shepherd :)

buttercup132
10-24-2005, 05:47 AM
i like both big and little big dogs are better if you want protection(or look it ) and little dogs for cuddling but both are good for each when i an im getting a great dane and a chinese crested i love being able to dress up little dogs :D

DogLover9501
10-24-2005, 07:25 AM
I love all dogs, but I am more of a big dog person :)

slleipnir
10-24-2005, 07:57 AM
I would prefer big dogs for myself, but I like small dogs too.

PJ's Mom
10-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I love dogs of all sizes, but the smallest dog I've owned is Peej who weighs about 35 lbs. I'm really a large dog person, I guess. :)

Well, I'm large but I like large dogs. That's what I meant. :D

lv4dogs
10-24-2005, 11:18 AM
I love all dogs. I guess I'd prefer to have big dogs as pets, more larger breeds suit my lifestyle more than most smaller dogs besides I would just spoil a little dog to death. I don't even think I'd be able to teach a small dog to sit, I'd just want to cuddle them all the time. lol

k9krazee
10-24-2005, 02:15 PM
I like both and have both...Small dogs are the best to cuddle on the couch with or carry around, Kyra is the smallest dog I've ever owned at 8 pounds. I really don't see myself in the future with any smaller dogs, more medium/large/xtra large...I think Jack is the ideal size for me, hes only 45 pounds, 21 inches tall, perfect couch/bed size but is still large enough that I don't trip on him consistantly (well not usually).

cocker_luva
10-24-2005, 03:46 PM
i love the big bully breeds the best!

poofy
10-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Love them all..all of my family has big dogs, except me, I have small one and getting another one that will be smaller than Sammyj,I love to play with the Pitbull and rottie at my brothers next door..they are so sweet, I just dont think you should keep dogs tied up, like the do.. :(
but i love having my little one's not much for dress up, but love to cuddle..I think i miss having babies around..lol..lol.. :D

Ginger's Mom
10-24-2005, 05:17 PM
I love all dogs. I think some of my favorite breeds are larger dogs, but I personally will never have a large dog (I don't think I could handle a dog that I couldn't pick up if I had to). And who could resist some of those small and medium sized dogs, they are sooo cute and charming. Yeah, I love them all. :D

Corinna
10-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Medium to giant

wolf_Q
10-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I like all dogs, but for myself I prefer medium-large. (40-70 lbs approx)

cyber-sibes
10-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Definitely more of a big dog person. I want a dog I don't have to bend down to pet. The sibes are perfect - around 50 lbs. I like all sizes, but yappy dogs are really annoying. So I guess that I like QUIET dogs best, whatever size they are!

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I prefer medium to large dogs...toy dogs just aren't for me, even though they're cute and I like them... but I could never really own one though! :)

shutterbug0303
10-24-2005, 07:17 PM
I have a variety of sizes - from small to x-large....

I've always thought I was a "small dog person" but nothing beats sleeping with a dane! :D I will always love my baby girl (Chloe) and will probably have a Pap or Pom in the future, but for now, I'm definitely a LARGE (ok, well, x-large) breed fan.

Roxyluvsme13
10-25-2005, 02:57 PM
I have a variety of sizes - from small to x-large....

I've always thought I was a "small dog person" but nothing beats sleeping with a dane! :D I will always love my baby girl (Chloe) and will probably have a Pap or Pom in the future, but for now, I'm definitely a LARGE (ok, well, x-large) breed fan.
Poms Are Awesome :)

Suki Wingy
10-25-2005, 03:18 PM
I prefer medium and up but if I meet any dog that exhibits intelegence I like them.

ParNone
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I have both and love both. If I did a tally though, I could probably come up with more advantages to having a small dog. Small dog doesn't automatically equate to lap dog, with no desire to do anything. Both Murph and Maddie were very playful and without a doubt tough enough to hang with the big dogs.

Most of the advantages of Oz and Gull over Murph and Maddie, are breed related, not size related. Course that goes both ways. M&M have just as many breed related advantages over the Collies too.

The only size related advantage that I can think of is that I feel really safe with Oz and Gull. I take them out walking at night and know nobody will mess with me. And nobody's getting in my backyard without me knowing about it. I never worry about somebody breaking in, while I'm home anymore either.

I was gonna say with those long legs they're much more proficient at frisbee. But I've seen tons of JRTs that are awesome at frisbee too. IMO, small dogs are vedy underrated. You can get just as much dog in a nice small package. :)

Par...

petslover
10-25-2005, 04:55 PM
I love all dogs, but my heart is with little dogs. I have had big and small dogs which I have loved ALL of them , but I prefer small dogs.

Chica
10-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I LIKE ALL DOGS!! I LOVE ALL DOGS!!!! AND KITTIES AND CATS. ALL ANIMALS!!!! ;)

areias
10-26-2005, 03:45 AM
I like all dogs. The smallest dog I've ever owned, however, was a 40lb Beagle mix. Larger dogs fit my lifestyle. However, I do plan on getting a papillon. They are big dogs in little bodies. I like the idea of carrying my dog. :D

And don't say that you need a small dog just to cuddle. The bigger the dog the bigger the cuddles! Me and my german shepherd fell asleep on the loveseat together a couple of nights ago... :cool: