PDA

View Full Version : T.j. is rushed to the emergency

Flatcoatluver
10-23-2005, 09:52 AM
This mourning t.j had allrgic reaction to his shots he got yesterday. He is shaking his head and his face is swelling and everything. Hopefully he will be ok. My dad rushed him to he emrgency room since the vet is not open for 3 hours. God I am so nervous, the vet said that he could die from the reaction :( :( :( Please keep t.j in you prayers

sammy101
10-23-2005, 10:12 AM
i'm so sorry :( I hope he pulls through.I'll be praying for him
{{hugs}}

KYS
10-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Poor t.j. and how scary..
Sending prayers that T.J. will be ok.

k9krazee
10-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Prayers are on the way for TJ :( I hope everything will be okay, poor guy.

cyber-sibes
10-23-2005, 10:38 AM
prayers going out for TJ - hope he recovers quickly!

Flatcoatluver
10-23-2005, 11:17 AM
ok update, here it is, i ended up meeting my dad at the vet, and here is some news good and bad, the good goes first, he dosn't have to have shots for 3 years since he is allergic, the bad is the doctor gave us lots of medicine, and she told us if we wouldn't of came in t.j might have had complications tonight, and would no longer be with us. Still hopeing for all you prayers for a speedy recovery.

dogzr#1
10-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Prayers being sent for T.J- hope you have an easy and speedy recovery:)

Sudilar
10-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery! Hugs.

Roxyluvsme13
10-23-2005, 12:59 PM
OMGOSH! Poor T.J.! Sending good thoughts and prayers, and hoping for a speedy recovery :(.
(((HUGS)))

Flatcoatluver
10-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for your support and prayers t.j is getting another dose of his medicine at 3:00. It gets him exahusted, so he will be sleeping 24/7

chocolatepuppy
10-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh no! Prayers on the way for TJ!

poofy
10-23-2005, 04:54 PM
How scary..So glad you got him in there in time..was this his 4-1 shots..I know he will be ok..take care..PJ

Ginger's Mom
10-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh poor T.J. I hope he is feeling better tonight, and that the medicine is helping him. Good thoughts going out for you and T.J.

Flatcoatluver
10-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh poor T.J. I hope he is feeling better tonight, and that the medicine is helping him. Good thoughts going out for you and T.J.
he is doing much better, he is really drawsey and we tried to feed him and he threw up, i wish he would keep stuff down, he is skinny to begin with anyway

jesse_3
10-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Oh no! I'll be praying for a speedy recover and that his food starts to stay down..(((((HUGS TO YOU BOTH)))))

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

K9karen
10-24-2005, 12:31 AM
The reaction took a lot out of him. I'm sure when the meds kick in and he's feeling better, he'll eat and be back to normal. Poor sweetie. Prayers that TJ recovers in no time flat.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-24-2005, 06:52 AM
That sure scared so much.... :eek: . We had same problem with our cat Inka 2 years ago. She got medicines because she was coughing a lot. We almost lost her.... :eek: .

lv4dogs
10-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh my how scary that must of been. I'm glad to hear he got fast treatment & is on his way to recovery. Hope he recovers fully & soon for that hunting trip! hugs!

Flatcoatluver
10-24-2005, 02:14 PM
aww thanks for all the support everyone!! Those prayers must be working he finally started eating normally and he kept it down. We also got some medication for incase he has a worm in him taking all his nutrition out, being a skinny dog, the doctor thought he had a worm. Once he eats normal will give him some medication for that too. thanks again everyone!

k9krazee
10-24-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm glad hes feeling better! Keep it up TJ!

wolfie
10-24-2005, 02:34 PM
How scary! I am glad he is doing better now.

Do you know what shot he had the reaction to?

LuvGold00
10-24-2005, 02:36 PM
good thoughts heading your way!

Flatcoatluver
10-24-2005, 05:28 PM
How scary! I am glad he is doing better now.

Do you know what shot he had the reaction to?
were not quite sure, i am thinking it the kennel cough shot, becuase he has never had a alergic reaction to shots before and the that was his first kennel cough, the vet said that we don't have to get him shots now for another 3 years :eek: But every 6 mounths we have to give a kennel cough.

Cinder & Smoke
10-24-2005, 07:34 PM
that was his first kennel cough ...

But every 6 months we have to give a kennel cough.

WHY? http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

Why are you now giving him the Kennel Cough shots?

Vets around here will give them on request ... but Doc Mike suggests that
the vaccination isn't totally effective - there are many different "strains"
of kennel cough and they can't all be prevented with the shot.

Kennel Cough is not a serious or fatal disease ... yet it sounds like his reaction
to the vaccination against it might have been fatal ...
Way too big a risk for me to "try it again"!

/s/ Phred

Karen
10-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Tell TJ he's in my prayers. I have had bad allergic reactions, but nothing as bad as his. I will tell you though that recovering from one is exhausting, so it could be a day or so before's he's back to being good ol' TJ!

new mom to a veiled
10-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Awwwww poor TJ :( I hope he's feeling better soon.

areias
10-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Aww T.J..that's horrible. :( I hope you feel better, I'm glad that you're ok though!

Flatcoatluver
10-24-2005, 11:18 PM
WHY? http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

Why are you now giving him the Kennel Cough shots?

Vets around here will give them on request ... but Doc Mike suggests that
the vaccination isn't totally effective - there are many different "strains"
of kennel cough and they can't all be prevented with the shot.

Kennel Cough is not a serious or fatal disease ... yet it sounds like his reaction
to the vaccination against it might have been fatal ...
Way too big a risk for me to "try it again"!

/s/ Phred
Yeah but its cheaper to give them the shots then to have him get it and then have to give him antibiotics, and our vet said in some extrame cases it can be deadly

ramanth
10-25-2005, 08:27 AM
How's TJ doing? I can totally relate to how you're feeling. Kia had a seizure as a result to an injection and nearly bled to death internally.

Many healing vibes for TJ.