PDA

View Full Version : Sudoku anyone??

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-23-2005, 06:07 AM
My new hobby is "SUDOKU" ! I found it by accident, and since then I am highly addicted.... :D . It looks like this:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/sudoku.gif

You must add the missing numbers. But: only one same number in every horizental row, in every vertical row, and in one square. Try it, it is mightly difficult, as there is only 1 solution. But once you've got the hang of it, it is fun!!

Anymore sudoku-fans here on Pet Talk???

jenluckenbach
10-23-2005, 06:20 AM
It looks highly addicting!!! Where do you get the puzzles?

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-23-2005, 06:26 AM
It looks highly addicting!!! Where do you get the puzzles?

I find a "fresh" one every day on the internet! It is in Dutch of course, but that doesn't change the puzzle ;) . I also bought a little book full of these puzzles!! Yeah!!!

This is the link: http://www.hln.be/hln/alg/pag/hln_index.jsp?p_page=fun&p_cat=sudoku1
Find the red frame saying: "Speel de sudoku van vandaag". Click! You can also print it out
Have fun :) ;) (onder this you can click for the solution of yesterday)

Randi
10-23-2005, 06:56 AM
I came across it recently, it's on the back of a newspaper here every day. Yes, you can get really adicted to it! :D

Here's another link: http://www.soduko.org/sudoku-play-online.php

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanks for this link Randi!! He he, I can get MORE addicted now :D

ps.wow, the example there is a mighty difficult one.... :o

jenluckenbach
10-23-2005, 07:48 AM
I came across it recently, it's on the back of a newspaper here every day. Yes, you can get really adicted to it! :D

Here's another link: http://www.soduko.org/sudoku-play-online.php

WOO HOO!!!! I did it!

Randi
10-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Wohoo Jen! :D I'm new to it too. ;)

I know there's one where you can put the numbers in (2 in one field and small size) until you know which one is right. I'll find it!

Edit: Here it is: http://www.lovatts.com.au/sudoku/sudoku.htm

buckner
10-23-2005, 08:46 AM
I student aide for my old precalculus teacher and she has these puzzles EVERYWHERE. She gives them to me as I finish them and they're so addicting. I can sit through Humanities and English and never have to listen to a single world the teacher says. :P

jackie
10-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Hahaha, i have seen these in the paper before, but I never got what I was supposed to do. :o

finn's mom
10-23-2005, 12:54 PM
I love those! I just did my first one about a month ago, it took me a long time! It was fun, though, gave my brain a good workout! ;)

Barbara
10-23-2005, 02:02 PM
If you enter "daily sudoku" into Google, you get enough so that you never have to buy a book ;)

cyber-sibes
10-23-2005, 03:17 PM
OMG, my husband spends HOURS and HOURS playing that! He's a math prof, and he really loves puzzels, he thnks this is the best. The computer claps & cheers when you get it right, so now I clap along with it!

AmberLee
10-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey, great! I LOVE Sudokus* and wasn't aware of either site.

I've recently finished a booklet of them and was looking for new ones.

Thanks, all!

* I started playing them years ago when they were called Number Place or Number Place Squares by Dell. I read an interesting article about their name change in Japan, before they really became popular. I wonder if I can find it again?

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-24-2005, 10:23 AM
* I started playing them years ago when they were called Number Place or Number Place Squares by Dell. I read an interesting article about their name change in Japan, before they really became popular. I wonder if I can find it again?

Wow, I didn't know it exists for years ! Thought it was a new game. I love it, I cannot resist when I see it :rolleyes: :D

RICHARD
10-24-2005, 12:00 PM
SUDOKU in Japanese means-

Highly addictive numbers puzzle that frustrates you at first, then you get very good and forget you have other things to do because you cannot put them down. :D

Anita Cholaine
10-24-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm too silly to solve them :o... I'll keep on trying, some day I'll do it! (well, maybe not :rolleyes: )

slleipnir
10-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Well, you got me addicted now...they have them in the papers here now too

RICHARD
12-29-2005, 02:26 PM
I just bought a paperback by Will Shortz at Target.

it has 100 puzzles in it!!!

I am officially addicted. ;)

Miss Z
12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i love them! I have an electronic sudoku machine and a book of them!!! The last week in school before Christmas, we had a german one, in which we had to do german words instead of numbers, and our team, compiled of me, Katherine and Victoria, beat all the boys (there are mostly boys in my school due to it only recently becoming co-ed) by miles! Yay!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-02-2006, 02:14 PM
I love Sudoku with a PASSION! I too have the electronic version, and multiple books. I LOVE SUDOKU!

Barbara
01-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Juts bragging a little: I think now if they are "easy" or " moderate" I#ll do them with a ballpen. ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Hehe, I'm doing my easy ones in pen too. :)

slleipnir
01-02-2006, 07:23 PM
I love Sudoku! I originally started playing cause I saw it in the paper and was like "Oh, that's the game someone on PT was talking about" so I gave it a try. I really like it

captain
01-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I found this the other day

Link to Sudoku (http://www.websudoku.com/)

Was not sure how it worked, but will give it a go now .... :D

kimboe
01-02-2006, 10:41 PM
AAHHhhhhhh.....All i think is Sudoku!
Will it ever stop?
I can't stop the game, must go on......Must...SOLVE..... :eek:

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-03-2006, 03:30 AM
I saw that electronic game in a shop. It costed 12€ (=15$). Is it good and worth its price? How does it work?

Miss Z
01-03-2006, 04:46 AM
Yes, i think that 12 euros is about....£8, which in't too bad. You have 5000 games on it, with 5 levels, so there's 1000 for each level. It's easy to work, you just scroll through the games until you find one you want to do, and press start. You have arrow buttons which move you around the boxes, and a number pad to put in the number when you think you'v got it. You are timed, and when you're finished you press 'solved' and it tells you how good your time was eg: excellent, very good, good etc. The only real problem with it is the numbers on the screen are a little hard to see. I expect that it's the same one that i've got and you've seen, it's the only electronic su doku i've seen;) but i expect other kinds would work similarly anyway:) Hope that's helped:D

dukedogsmom
01-03-2006, 05:02 AM
My one brother loves them. I hate them because they make my brain hurt and I can't solve them.