PDA

View Full Version : The day Michigan shook...

moosmom
10-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Hopefully my move WILL take place if I don't end up killing myself in the process. :p

Picture it...a 50+ woman going down a flight of very steep stairs carrying a heavy green bin. She flips gracefully into the air, ass over tea kettle (abour 8 steps) landing on her (don't remember) at the bottom of the stairs.

Now, stairs and I have NEVER been the best of friends, especially when I've had a few cocktails. But I only had coffee this morning. And it was my own fault for wearing what my daughter calls my "lazy shoes" (clogs). But now I'll have to drop out of the Ms. Pretty Legs Contest. Nothing was broken (I SWEAR God takes care of babies and idiots) fortunately, but my tibia, otherwise known as my shin, was ripped up pretty bad and I think I may have a mild concussion because my nose bled and I have a headache. So much for moving anymore boxes today (I only have 3 or 4 left to go). I went to CVS and got Neosporin, non-adhering bandages, gauze and Hydrogen Peroxide. Oh the pain and agony of that stuff as I poured it over my boo-boo.

So now that I was able to entertain everyone (I hope you all had as much of a good laugh as I did), I'm going to my bed and staying there for my own safety. I only wish I had a video of it so I could watch myself in slo-mo).

This concludes my 7,000th post at Pet of the Day.

*sigh*

finn's mom
10-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Wow, glad to see that you can see the humor in it, and, I'm really glad that you're not worse off! You're lucky! If you think you have a concussion, though, you might now want to sleep...be careful!

moosmom
10-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Finn's Mom,

I'm fine. I didn't sleep, just laid down with my leg elevated with ice. It's better now. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Dang, I broke a nail!!! ;)

PJ's Mom
10-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Donna!! :eek:

What are we gonna do with you? :p

Glad you're ok. :)

And congrats on your 7,000th. :)

moosmom
10-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks PJ's Mom. I've ALWAYS had a problem with stairs. But usually it's when I'm going UP not coming down. That's why escalators are my friends!! :p

These days, with age and stuff, my ankles give way on me too, so go figure.

chocolatepuppy
10-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I hope the rest of you move goes more smoothly! :) I too tend to trip up the steps. ;)

Corinna
10-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Well you do hit the important numbers with memrable posts. Glad your ok .

moosmom
10-22-2005, 06:52 PM
The fall has exascerbated my sciatica. I took 1200 mg of prescription Motrin that I hope will take the inflammation down.

God I feel like such a fool!!! But greatful I didn't break anything.

jackie
10-22-2005, 07:05 PM
:eek: Sounds like you are really rushing to get outta town!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-23-2005, 06:50 AM
OUCH!! I feel sorry for you, as falling of the stairs "might" look funny, but it is NOT! Be careful with that concussion; even if you cannot sleep, resting is NEEDED!! So, of to bed you go (after reading this ;) )

moosmom
10-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh I went to bed early last night with MooShoo cuddle up right next to me for warmth. He's my little suede hot water bottle. I just hope he knows enough to keep under the covers and stay warm. :(

Karen
10-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Glad nothing was broken, and only dignity and some skin was lost. Feel better!

moosmom
10-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks Karen. I'm also glad nothing was broken. I don't want to stay in this hell hole any longer than I have to!! :D

CalliesMom
10-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Poor you! I hope nothing is too black and blue today.

Karen
10-23-2005, 12:55 PM
It's just kinda funny that you're moving TO New England just about when all the "snowbirds" fly AWAY from New England. But you're a native, so we *know* your perspecti9ve is skewed anayway, right? :)

Snowbirds definition for those who wonder: People who "live" in New England (or other Northern places), but spend the "winter" months in Florida!

ramanth
10-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Holy crap! Are you trying to give me a heart attack or something!? :eek: :eek: I'm so glad you didn't kill yourself or break anything. yeesh!!

*hugs*