PDA

View Full Version : Almost 5 & 6 joined us

Craftlady
10-21-2005, 05:33 PM
We were at PetSmart getting our monthly supply of can food and stopped by the adoption area. One of the gals from the rescue was there attending to the furry kids. It's sad that this bunch (older kitties) has been at PetSmart for over 1 1/2 months combined. I was playing with Thelma and Louise was just watching. Approx age 1 1/2 yrs, They both have to be adopted out together (they are so similar in looks to Thumper and Eleanor). Louise is very shy and Thelma would of been adopted out 10 times because she is so loving. This is their 3rd time out at PetSmart. They rotate between PetSmart and back to foster homes.
The gal was going to give us both gals for FREE (normally would of been $90) because she wants them to go to a good home. We just couldnt do it and the gal understood. We pray the right "forever parents" come to adopt these precious girls.

Flatcoatluver
10-21-2005, 05:37 PM
yeah I work at a adoption center at petsmart too, we have a simaler situtaion, with a girl and a boy that has been there for a year :eek: and could only be adopted out together, finally we found a reitred couple and they got adopted, i was crying because i was so happy

thease kind of stories are so heartbreacking, i can't wait untill i can get another kitty, so i can adopt a older one, i will be able to adopt for free since i work there, which will be nice.

catmandu
10-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I am not allowed to adopt,from establihed agencies,as I have too many Cats now.
Thats why I keep an eye out for The Porchies. Poor Porchies,its going to rain ,all weekend,and I ahve no shelter for them,no place where they can weather the storm.I will put carriers on The Back Porch,and see if they use those.
I feel sorry,when I see all those potential Great Cats,at Petcetera,and I cant help them.

jenluckenbach
10-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Sheesh, what stopped you? 6 is a GREAT number. ;)

Seriously though, it really is hard to know how many VERY deserving cats get overlooked and simply because there are too many cats, and too few adopters.